ITT: Odd dished from your country

ITT: Odd dished from your country

Do other countries, other than Germany, eat Toast Hawaii/Hawaii Toast? It's pretty delicious but more of a meme food here in Germany, I guess.

It's basically a piece of bland white bread, spread with a bit of butter or margarine, a slice of ham, a slice of (canned) pineapple and a slice of processed cheese on top that's been baked in the oven until the cheese is melted. Optional: A bit of cowberry jam or a maraschino cherry on top. I usually skip the last part though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHHAR1S_eKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That looks like some of those cringeworthy American advertisements from the 50's and 60's.

I've never seen or heard of anyone eating it here though.

did someone say hawaii-toast?

This, we know how to hotdog, somehow its not reckonized.

We have something even better in the U.S.: Hawaiian pizza.

Afaik Toast Hawaii is what Hawaiian Pizza comes from. Toast Hawaii was cheap easy to make post-WWII food for starving Germans.

Which is fucking nasty. Whatever troglodyte decided to put pineapples on pizza should have his hands chopped off

tons of people love it. i love it. there's nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza.

Nanana-na-na-na!
youtube.com/watch?v=DHHAR1S_eKA

>pizza

Where?

>Pineapple
>Imported from the tropics
>Cheap

Nice pineapple casserole, bro.

It's popular in Germany as well. Why did you post a picture of a cake, though?

this was hot shit 40 years ago,nobody orders or offers it anymore

>MFW EUROS TELL ME THEY HAVE A SOPHISTICATED PALATE AND THEN EAT AMERICAN CHEESE WITH CANNED PINEAPPLE AND HAM ON WHITE BREAD

Pineapple pizza is great. It's a mix of savory ham or pepperoni with sweet and acidic pineapple. If you like Chinese sweet and sour pork you should like pineapple pizza.

BeaverTail.

It's a Canadian pastry of deep fried bread covered in chocolate and candy (or anything you want) that puts our southern neighbors to shame.

I don't think people are affronted by the mix of meat and fruit as much as the fruit and hot cheese.

(Yes, tomatoes are an exception to that)

Nah dude, this is pineapple casserole.

Dude, fruit and cheese go great together. What the fuck are you talking about?

I personally enjoy pineapple pizza so I'm basing that on my tastes as a kid when the concept was bizarre and gross to me. I could be off-base, but people complain about pineapple pizza even without ham.

decent.

Looks good, ham and cheese but with a bit of sweet. I love Pineapples though.

I live in Hawaii and I've never heard of this

how do you eat this?

Class.

hawaiian pizza is from hawaii you stupid idiot

this. ham & pineapple is literally the "basic" pizza in Australia. No-one's really into pepperoni-only or cheese-only pizza here.

yea but you aussies and the kiwis a skip away love putting weird fruit on everything for no reason. to be fair pineapple pizza is delicious on pizza but you know how it goes, a broken clock is right twice a day.

>he doesn't eat kiwifruit with his steak and cheese pie
kek
KEK
K E K

its actually from ontario canada

Mettigel Hawaii

My mom makes this disgusting "dish" sometimes. It was popular during the 80's and 90's in Sweden. I haven't seen it anywhere but at my parents in modern times.

I thought Capriciosa or Margherita were the basics here

Shit on a Shingle

> cheese beneath the ananas
That's not how we did it.

look closer