/r9k/: the book

/r9k/: the book

Our Steppenwolf was way too patrician and educated for r9k

lel too optimistic for me towards the end.

How did he afford rent?

Not really, there is no hope on r9k.

I thought that was The Catcher In the Rye.

>Meme: the post

Fuck off already.

I saw this and didn't get it because I assumed it was Furaffinity: The Book
Is it good?

The Book is great until about two thirds. in the first parts the character is descripted with so much detail and layering that you can relate to him in every detail. How he can't find purpose in life n shit and how he is unable to interact with other people.
In the last third it's all about banging all kind of girls and his girlfriend of some sort. It all forms in some new age trip with "connect the two beings that live in you".
I get was Hesse was trying to tell but i thought it was an really odd ending for the novel. Maybe i just had very different expectations, idk.
The book isn't bad tho

You obviously haven't finished it
I agree. The best part happens near the end though when he's trying to destroy all those cars in the theater or whatever it was called.

responded to the wrong person
It's A Confederacy of Dunces

IMO, the tonal shift was necessary to prevent the book becoming a misery resonator like Notes from the Underground or Stoner (nothing against them). It makes it a little weirder and less cohesive as a novel, but also puts it in a different category of experience than similar books.

It's definitely No Longer Human

I liked it a lot. Hesse somehow manages a clear message through a clusterfuck of an ending. Like and said, about 2/3's in it just flies off the handle, but it's entertaining and actually very well written and thought out.
It has nothing to do with actual wolves, but the spirit of the wolf. It's Hesse's criticism of spiritual duality.

Is steppenwolf an alright place to start with Hesse?

>tfw duality is a delusion caused by inherit traum

Not really.
Demian then Siddhartha then Steppenwolf.
They kinda feed into each other philosophically. They're all short though

Holden is too much of a normie, having female friends and all

So many people get triggerd just because the book/movie/illustration/picture etc.. Has an animal in it and they call it "furry lmao" That shit triggers me so god damn hard

how naive of you (and such a clear mirror of your stupidity) to think that the name has anything to do with actual physical wolves/furries/animals lol

Who are you replying to exactly, user?

That's not The White Night

They all are, and they're all good

/r9k/ would hate you if you called them white knights

Can anyone actually define what /r9k/ness is ?