Sleep

How do the under 6 hours people do it? Is it possible without drugs?

Particularly, is the da Vinci one not bullshit? I'm a NEET so I could give it a try.

the "uberman" sleep cycle works but it's hard to do when you have a normal job, and if you miss a nap it fucks you up

>Not lucid dreaming to turn 8 hours of sleep into about 3 hours of sleep without even feeling tired afterwards.
K.

>turn 8 hours of sleep into about 3 hours of sleep
And do you get to do useful stuff during those lucid dream hours?

I usually sleep less than about 5 hours or less during the week. The trick is to take naps during every break you have. Also black coffee and gum help.

>mfw i sleep 14 hours a day

Yes, that's what lucid dreaming is for for some people, duh!

You could solve mathematical equations all night for all I care.

You could engineer and come up with solutions to problems.

You could meditate.

You could have orgies while you do those things.

I usually fuck in my lucid dreams. So in a sense, yes I am doing something useful.

How do you achieve lucid dreaming? I usually don't even remember my dreams.

Curious: what do you even think a lucid dream is?

This is one of those times when I feel like this should actually be asked in /x/ because they are all about lucid dreaming. As far as I recall without googling it, it has something to do with your diet and """meditating""" before you go to sleep. Not 100% sure though.

The one book I always tell people to read is "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge. It deals with dream recall too.

It's something that takes time to develop, though, I'd say a year or so before you start having lucid dreams at will and actually having a good amount of control over the dreams themselves. It's also key to be acquainted with how suggestion works since you'll be mostly at the mercy of your subconscious. It's sum 4deep2you stuff, but it's well worth it.

>/x/
No, don't do that, they'll tell you shit about aliens and how their dead relatives influence your dreams and stuff. Rule number one of life: /x/ stands for bullshit.

Lucid dreaming is not paranormal in any way.

I'd say read the book if you're interested and check out the dreamviews forums for questions.

It takes time to gradually slip into a schedule. Once you fall out of it it can be hard to get back in.

I used to get 4-5 hours of sleep per night, and sleep in late on the weekends. One week I decided to splurge and sleep 7-8 hours each night, and I probably won't go back for a while because now I've become accustomed to this.

I'll tell yo this though: whenever I compose in the evening I almost always go until 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning. It's intoxicating and it's really hard to tear yourself away from the piano or whatever you use to write music.

I don't know how Da Vinci does it. When I lay down at night, I take at least 30 minutes until i fall asleep. And then i'm out cold for the following 2-3 hours and not even an alarm can wake me up.
I literally wouldn't be able to do the Uberman cycle.
Also, my life is so meaningless that i wouldn't know what to do with the extra time.

These sleep schedules must be from their older selves.
Old people need less sleep.

I've always been curious how anyone alive knows the sleeping patterns of the the long deceased...
If you follow the "sources", none of of the trails leads to any credible (primary or secondary) source...

I sleep 2 hours every 18 hours
Works reasonably well but you need to eat consistently otherwise fatigue sets in quickly

I was spontaneously able to dream lucidly a few months after I smoked a lot of pot (it was my first time).
Your brain might be different, that's just anedoctal experience.

A dream where you aware you're dreaming, probably have control over the content. Now tell me how that will allow me to get some job or studying done, smartass. Will the contents of the book I haven't read magically appear in my subconscious?

When you can't sleep, you meditate. Not only does it help to fall asleep, even if you don't actually get there, time spent meditating replaces sleep to some degree.

Let's say that before sleep you had been working on a problem for a long time. If you lucid dream, you'll be able to remember it and devise new solutions with all the (seemgly) random information that pops up in your dreams.

seemingly

No, you won't be able to read new things, of course, but there're still things you can use. There's more to progress than consumption.

Notice the examples I gave on all useful activities which are based on working with and exploring what's already inside you. Furthermore, it seems to be the case that our subconscious keeps many memories we don't consciously have access to, so with that being said, you could, in theory, read a book you don't remember, thought I don't know much about that.

Come on man, think a little...

Imagine a mountain. You climb the mountain, stop midway, then fall back to the start. You proceed to do this daily, with very rare minor improvements.

This is the average thought process of the average person with his average sleep schedule - you develop a depth of your thoughts then proceed to have the entire thought process restart once you go to sleep. It's very hard to realize this since parts of your daily conclusions are imprinted into your LTM and you can just recall them the following day, but they're not the same. Believe it or not humans actually do have their RAM, or "working memory" that is (obviously) more efficient than long-term storage due to its flexibility (since its not being "cemented" and remains fluid). Going to sleep flushes your RAM and imprints the most abstract and generalized conclusion into your HDD, which means that you will have to spend extra energy and time to rebuild the yesterday's deep state of your working memory, getting exhausted and having the day pretty much end by the time you manage to achieve the state, which is hugely inefficient.

How do we make it efficient then? It's quite simple actually and you don't even need a meme schedule. Pick a day where you're REALLY concentrated into the topic and you're getting a high from studying it, and simply don't sleep. Stay awake for two straight days and fully utilize the ~40 hours by building-up your stream of consciousness to the lowest state of entropy possible. Just don't fall back to the bottom of the mountain for once. Keep doing that every week and soon enough your LTM will be dominated by far more accurate abstract imprints, rising the average height of the mountain you're climbing (your average depth of thought; intelligence).

Is this legit.

this could work if you're a dedicated researcher but i don't think this would work in exams since you would lose all focus and end up making shitty mistakes that you'd notice if you were energised

This is bullshit.
Source: I'm a human.

>40 hours by building-up your stream of consciousness to the lowest state of entropy possible
Could some good user with skills in medicine tell if is this legit? No ofense, but sounds like pseudo-cience shit!

You're just going to crash. You stop being efficient after a while which is why you may sit down and study for 10 hours but you're gonna remember probably a fifth of the shit you read.

Personally, if I have a choice, I study late at night and then I go to sleep, I remember stuff much better. I don't have a solid source that proves if this has any benefits though.

Everyone can do it, no need to be afraid of it, brainlet.

Here's all I fucking know:

a) EVERYTHING super soft science (nutrition, fitness, health, psychology) says is bullshit.
b) Whoever sleep the least has the competitive advantage (with minimum of 2 to 4 for various people).
c) I'd rather live a fuller life now and pay for it with my senior years.

But, please, continue to be a pussy and sleep for MORE THAN A THIRD OF YOUR FUCKING LIFE so that you can be dead forever.

>inb4: bullshit rationalizations about """"""""""""efficiency"""""""""""
not interested, keep them to yourself.

>Half of nights it takes me well over an hour to get to sleep
>Other nights I end up waking up an hour or two early and can't get back to sleep
>Feel like shit every day
help

t. edgelord

>Biology and neuroscience are soft sciences
This fucking board has to end itself

How about just sleeping when you feel like you need to?

Nice dubs but where in his post does he mention either of those?

I don't know if you've ever actually dreamed before. Your prefrontal lobe shuts down making decision making and solutions very difficult.

I can lucid dream, in the sense that I realize im dreaming. But I don't have total control of my dreams. Also, due to lucid dreaming I often have these annoying state of minds where your body sleeps, but your mind is awake. I think it's called sleep paralysis. Also, if I lucid dream or not is not really under my control. However, my sleep has become more efficient. I sleep 4-6 hours every night and feel perfect. But the sleeping paralysis really stinks.

lol what a fag

>Winston Churchill

Dude was just a drunk. Those weren't naps, he was just passed out.

I am the same way. I remember way more if I study then get some sleep....its like sleeping 'cements' that stuff in my brain.

>falling for the 24 hours meme
>not sleeping 14 hours and staying awake 40 hours

genetics

>How do the under 6 hours people do it? Is it possible without drugs?

By lying.

>t. sleeplet
Sad!

You forgot one.
>Stays awake 30 hours at a time
>Sleeps 20

did someone randomly make this shit up? Seems like it.