God Tier Covers

>inb4 Gatsby

The Camus covers are pretty great.

I like it.

>LOL MUH EPIC MINIMALISM XD
fuck off with that worthless garbage. Literally a 0/10

Little more contemporary, but this cover varient to American Gods is pretty fantastic.
Neil Gaimen has quite a few good varients.

>le tricky hook meme

>no author name on cover

Always liked this one.

Also, has anyone found anything interested in a used book you bought? Mine came with an old receipt :^)

I bought a used book that someone apparently took on a trip to Paris. They had a boarding pass from NYC to Paris and ticket stubs to the top of the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre inside. Pretty cool.

which one is better?

>le eternal anglo face

Absolutely disgusting

This one is stylistically more a Clockwork Orange but this is more pleasing to the eye.

Wow really makes you think

nice meme

Worth reading?

Note the shape of the tentacles at the bottom of the cover. See anything?

nice there's something comfy about newark intl.

Newark is shit

One terminal actually got some new updates and is pretty nice now

Best cover

the minimal cover really doesn't work with that book
nothing about moby dick is minimalist

I've always liked this cover.

is moby dick actually good? I'm from France and we don't read it in school. I like whales and I'm pretty interested.

It's the greatest book ever written

looks like a famous five cover

I just finished it a month ago and this is my first chance to sperg out over it woohooo

It's easily the greatest book I've ever read in terms of the sheer quality of prose and it even holds up well on an entertainment level, what you never hear about the book in the english-speaking world is that it's extremely funny and all of the characters come to life in their extremely entertaining dialogues and monologues. The middle part does get difficult when you essentially have to slog through whaling essays, but I swear that this section changes you as a reader. You've got nothing to drag you onwards but the beauty of prose, and so you start to appreciate that even more. By the time the plot kicks back in during the last 150 pages or so, it'll go very fast and you'll have totally clicked with Melville's style, if you're anything like me.

Thematically it's pretty interesting too, and pay attention to how the narrator uses allusions, references, similes and metaphor to sort of turn the whaling voyage into something of almost cosmological importance. It's almost modernist in that way, although it was published in the 1850s.

But yeah if english isn't your first language it might be difficult, I suggest reading something short but dense like A Portrait of the Artist to get used to rich language and run-on sentences.

btw jealous you get Proust in his native language

Fucking lol, the whale's face kills it.

Proust is amazing, the most unique and incredible reading experience I've had in my whole life. I only read the first part of ''À la recherche du temps perdu'' and stopped there because I wanted to read the full thing in one go. I actually took one week off work for christmas to read it.

>I like whales
not for long

Haven't read From the Mouth of the Whale, but the other two definitely are. So is his new one, Moonstone. They're all very short.

For real though.

I'm quite fond of this Rama cover.

I've had this book on my list for a while.

Is it worth the read?

I bought my copy of Dune Messiah new off amazon for 4 dollars. When the book came, I found an old playboy ad from the 90's at least. The kind that was found inside the magazine that you would mail-in to order whatever it was offering. It was torn in half, so I suppose someone had used it as a bookmark at some point. I found this strange because the book was sold to me as 'new',' and it WAS new; there were no creases on the spine that indicated someone had gone through it. The copy itself is pretty old, at least as old as the ad, since the pages are browned and it smells like it was sitting on a shelf for 20 years.

On that note, Dune has really good covers, Dune Messiah especially.

Very nice.

I knew it was great but I like your enthusiasm. It names me want to start it right now.

This is nice. I've never seen this one before.

What does it say?

Oh, would you look at the poor sadfaced whale? What happened to the little whale? Why is he all :/ ? Is he gonna be ok, Veeky Forums?

Oooh, visceral! I like 'em visceral. Can't go wrong with visceral, is what I always say.

The brazilian cover of Infinite Jest is my favorite of all time

great taste

I found this at the bottom of the bargain bin at the store I frequent for 99¢.

Some of you guys might think it's lame, and a bit trashy, but to me, it's fucking nice. Anyone know the proper term for this "art style"? It's on the tip of my tongue...

vaporwave maybe

British first edition i have of make room make room is great.

You don't know what you are talking about.

I think it's a fascinating read. From the very first few pages it's clear that the narrator is completely insane, but there's a method to his madness. As you read on you start to understand his reasoning and his actions start to make sense, from his point of view. It's just that the logic he runs on is completely different from your and mine. It's like looking at the world through an alien lens.

are these Veeky Forums anonymous or other? I've seen them in major bookstore branches.

not Veeky Forums

This

I much prefer this one

I honestly read this book just because I liked the cover art and it became one of my favourites

Gay as aids style?

behold, you candy ass niggas

ew no
this one is much better

how do native english speakers cope with the meaning of 'dick' in such contexts? do you get a chuckle everytiem or never notice it

Shit taste desu

More like Wutheringh Eighties

This is very nice. Makes me want to read it.

I would buy it.

I prefer this one.

>Using a Blake illustration for a cover

thats dumb

to be honest the only reason I want to read this book is because of the name, that fucking amazing cover, and the fact the author's name is "faulkner". Everything about it just oozes supremacy.

Red and black is truly god tier isn't, lads?

But user it's a truly good book.

*hissss*

>Graça Infinita
My sides

I'm not sure what emotion this is supposed to convey.

>book is Ficciones
>holding it right next to The Aleph

Pelotudo de mierda.

I was always partial to this cover of Hyperion

This cover fits perfectly. Anyone else have a sort of synesthesia when reading anything vibrant

cute dog

sorry for the meme author, but I just adore the art deco style