Bought this while shopping today, how would you prep and cook this steak?

Bought this while shopping today, how would you prep and cook this steak?

Well done with 'chup

boil that bad boy for juiciest result

Anyone here marinade their steak in milk for about 10 minutes before grilling? Just curious because some dude I work with does.

Sear on high heat, 30-45 seconds on each side, then into the oven on 250F for 15 minutes or so.

Oven to 350, bake for 30 minutes.

that looks like a pretty shitty steak--very little marbling.

first thing I'd do is hit that fucker with a Jaccard. Then into a bag for marinading.

Once that's done, fire up the grill. 2 min each side direct heat to sear, then transfer to the side, lid on, a few more minutes of indirect heat to cook through. I can't really tell how thick it is so I can't give an estimate as to the time that would require.

No, Mac, and you should stop listening to Charlie's advice.

I don't like well-marbled steak as much as leaner steak. The fat gets in the way of the meat, not to mention it's chewy and flavorless.

>Fat
>Flavorless

2/10 got me to reply

>chewy and flavorless.
That's not well marbled user, that's big fucking fat pieces of fat. That's just as bad as no fat.

A well marbled steak has THIN streaks of fat throughout. not big fucking chunks. If you notice the fat it's not well marbled.

If you like a bunch of fat on your meat you like it not for the flavor (it fucking has none) but instead for the rubbery somewhat cumlike concisstency.
When i'm cutting through my steak with a somewhat dull but jagged knife I don't like to see those strings of fat pull apart like sticky strands of cum inbetween my fingers.
People who say they like heavy fat in their meat because it's flavorful are either trolling or American. Or they are just pretending to like it because that's what they are expected to do. Its like people who pretend to like sushi.

This explains a lot.

See A well-marbled steak doesn't mean big visible chunks of fat. It means a little bit of fat uniformly spread throughout. When cooked the fat melts into the meat and you don't notice it at all. You can't see it, you can't feel a different in texture.

A steak that is too lean sucks.
A steak that has big chunks or stringy bits of obvious fat in it also sucks.

A good steak has small amounts of fat everywhere.

Throw it in a pan with some water a cook it on a 4 or 5 for like 20 or 30 minutes.

Looks like a big missed-steak to me.

Fry it in garlic butter and duck fat.
Cook it until well done.
Put ketchup on it.

Now the non-troll version:

Fry it in garlic butter and duck fat.
Cook it until well done.
Serve with fries and sweet chili sauce or mashed potato and gravy.
Pour the fat on top of it.

its a cut for slowcooking, searing will suck a lot

Thats a pork chop dummy

Even if you slow-cook something you should still sear it first for the malliard reaction to generate flavor.

looks too wrinkly for my taste

OP here, here's how it looks.

Let's see the slice, faggot.

Kill yourself

you fucked up start over desu.

It looks like you microwaved plastic on top of it.

well??? wheres the cut?

I hope to fuck he didn't just sit down and eat the whole thing without taking more pictures.
I don't think anybody who uses Veeky Forums would do that kind of shit though.
Maybe he just had to use the bathroom for a long time or perhaps he's dead.

dumb bastard ate it all...

u suck!

Rub it well with salt and pepper, put it in a hot pan with some oil and herbs. 2 minutes each side, about 30 seconds-1 minute to caramelize the fat as much as you can. Add in some butter and baste it, into a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes (convection setting if you have it) And then let it rest. Cut the strip of fat before you eat it.

You are too late.
He didn't specify which method he chose so I can only assume microwave and ketchup.

Throw it in my toaster oven for 20 minutes. 'Cause that's what I got. It works pretty well.

salt and pepper, sous vide at 120 for 90 minutes, sear on 1200 degree cast iron for 45 seconds a side.

salt and pepper meat
put in a hot skillet with 1/8" of canola oil and a pat of butter
Sear for one minute on once side and turn flame down to medium high.

baste steak for a minute pour off excess oil and add shallots, fresh thyme, and fresh butter to the pan.
baste while shallots sweat and steak continues to cook.

remove steak to sizzle plater/baking sheet while still rare and continue to sweat shallots (they shouldn't brown if done properly) then pour shallots on top of steak and place the baking sheet into the oven until it reaches 125 - 130 internal temp. 4 - 7 minutes depending on oven.

Serve with french fries.