What are you reading?

>what are you reading?
>cool, what's it about?

>Blood Meridian
>Torture which comes in all shapes and sizes

>Essays and Aphorisms by Schopenhauer
>The vanity and suffering inherent in all existence :DDDDDDDD

* New Testament (specifically, Gospel according to Matthew)
* It's about these Jews completely misinterpreting the Old Testament and forming a new religion around a guy who can do magic tricks. I wish I were exaggerating, but at the very least, that's literally what Matthew is.

>Kafka on the shore
>Uh, it's a guy who, uh, runs away and...and.. It rains fish and stuff

Infinite Jest.
[sweats nervously] It's kind of hard to explain...

The Birth of Fascist Ideology by Zeev Sternhell
What do you think it is about?

>Crushing loneliness
>Drug addiction
>Alienation
>Canadian terrorists
>Entertainment
>Perfectionism

And literally thousands of others will do.

"Canadian terrorists" probably is the funniest answer you can give, so that would be my choice.

>A Clockwork Orange
>How there's no such thing as good if we don't have the option to be evil.

She'd fuck me right then and there

what if they start asking you questions about the flq

>You're writing a book? What's it about?
Two and a half fucking years and I can't answer this question in a way that makes sense

please try to explain it to me

>Infinite Jest
>It's about one man's quest to delay his own inevitable suicide by writing over a thousand pages of prose

>Gravity's Rainbow
>I have literally no idea

>Ulysses
>A guy just fapped in public

>mfw I think its about a dog's life as an actor
>mfw when he witnesses his second owner rape and beat his wife on chapter 4 before being adopted by an animal trainer

>H.P. Lovecraft collection
>Came expecting elder gods and got a comedy play

Crusade's End
a salty son is angry at his papa for not giving him enough attention so the son goes out and kills everyone who does not want to help him kill his father

You must let them hear the "squeak"

>Catch 22
> No idea, I can't read.

>Gilgamesh
>Guy who cant not fuck everyone in sight so the gods make him a brother to calm him down. They go on an adventure.

>the complete works of Plato
>the complete works of Plato

>>It's about one man's quest to delay his own inevitable suicide by writing over a thousand pages of prose
I honestly never thought of it that way.

Shit, man. I know DFW's a meme on Veeky Forums but I love the guy and his writing.

>My diary, desu
>Me

Banans

lool

>The Turn of The Screw
>A woman thinks about everything in every moment in run-off sentences for 120 pages, sometimes sees ghosts

>The Good Soldier Schwejk
>A guy bumbles his way through the Austro-Hungarian military telling goofy stories about his neighbors the whole time

>Empire of the Summer Moon
>You are HUGE, that means you have HUGE SCALPS
>RIP AND TEAR

Don't think so. A work about his complete works might be written by someone else, but Plato himself talked about the ideal country, ideas and the immortality of a soul.
:^)

>Sophie's World
>a philosophy professor explaining philosophy to a teenage girl

>In Watermelon Sugar
>Uhhh...

Do you explain the plot or what the book is actually about? I'm really shit at answering questions like these if it's not something very straightforward like a fantasy novel.

Its about a dystopia where netflix is real

Its fine dude if you could answer it in a sentence you wouldnt need to write a book about it lol

Did you just call pepe a reddit meme? pepe is Anti-Reddit. Pepe is subversitiy. Pepe is Deconstruction of the social Consensus. It is defiance and protest by the digital Proletariat you bourgeoise shithead.

Maybe that's because your book is a diluted, pretentious, indecipherable mess? Nah, that can't be it. You're just so much smarter than them.

This post that's about what people are reading.

>War & Peace
>Russians

>Brothers Karamazov
>People who get short of breath very easily
Alternatively
>A story of 3 cucks and their father, mastercuck.

Actually, hang on, it's more like
>Let's have a debate about God, no wait hang on let's do ethics, no wait women! No, problem of evil! No no no wait hang on hang on, how about God? No, Human nature! ad infinitum.

>A book
>I don't know yet
That's always my answer to get them off my back.

and then fucks a ghost??

>Life on the Mississippi
>Life on the Mississippi

Wait isn't that first bit more like
>Guy who can't not fuck everyone in sight gets sent a girl and they literally fuck for 7 days straight ?

>>grilled tips

They're not interested in the book they're interested in you. All those fantasies about a girl coming up to you and talking books to you? This is them. But you read weird books so it's hard for them.
But, no more. I'm here with a simple step by step guide to how you deal with these interactions, if you actually want a conversation.

Here's how you do it.

>look, smile, place bookmark, show cover
>>it's about... hm. Hard question. There's this guy, and he left everything he knows to hunt whales and go on an adventure. But like... the captain is crazy. Thinks the randomness of the world is gods hand, so when a whale bit off his leg he decided he had to strike a blow against god. Actually, I just read a really cool passage, want to hear it?

>because they asked for this, they say yes. You read your bit in your best narrator voice, and close the book again.
>>it's interesting
Then, if she's any good at conversation at all, she'll start to ask questions. But the questions won't be about the book, which she's only interested in because YOU'RE reading it, they'll be about YOU.

>why do you think the guy left his home?

You can answer honestly, and if the honest answer is that you don't know, you can project yourself onto that character, which you've been doing all along anyway

Good luck out there boyos. Good conversation is better than a book once you get good at it

>Jerusameme
>It's about various weird people living in Northampton, which may or may not have a third borough that nobody knows about, and angels are involved somehow. Everyone told me it was a meme but I actually like it... I think.

>Jane eyre
>a girl who get fucked by life

>zama
>guy is bored and miserable with life
I'm only on like the 3rd page but I have to wake up early so I stopped for the night

>Contemporary Catholic Health Care Ethics
>Contemporary catholic health care ethics, its history, and future issues

>Dostoyevsky's Dead Man's House
>"but ill tell you more about that later"

Swear to god on one page it had 3 'ill talk more about him later'

starting to wonder if he pulled a fast one on me

Orlando Furioso does this, too. It's a stylistic thing. If you got all the story on one character at once, the sense of interweaving character arcs would be lost.

Eros the Bittersweet
It's about how to love is to desire, and if the desire is fulfilled, the love is lost.

It's about searching for meaning in the wake of World War II.

That wasn't too hard, now was it?

like he gives a half sentence description 'there are the poles, they keep to them selves, but ill tell you more about it later'

and its not like catch 22 where the story is non linear its just him giving random bits of info on an already dry book

I hope it gets better, about 1/3 through and its getting a little tedious

>JM Roberts, A short history of the world
>a boring book about history but I couldn't find anything better with that broad a scope

nothing
nothing

> Pynchon's V
> Hunting alligators in a sewer, sexual espionage, and the quest for whatever V is

Maybe you should read a bit more analytically.

I sincerely hope this is bait

>Catch - 22
> About a cowardly American soldier in WW2

>kindergarden analysis

never gonna make it

>Yossarian
>Coward

You really missed the point of this book user

SHADMAN (artist of this comic) getting KEKOLED over his suggestive drawing of a famous YouTuber's PRETEEN DAUGHTER, WATCH NOW:

twitch".""tv/shadbasemurdertv/v/101002631

STARTS AT 27:00, SHADMAN EMBARASSED

Somebody asked this and I said it's about tennis

>not mentioning the gang of rapists
makes it more interesting desu

>something about kidneys and some guy called Mulligan

i-it's just about how suicide is the most of important of philosophical problems, h-heh...

And here's where you mother sleeps, and this is the room where your brothers were born, indentions in the sheets where their bodies once moved but don't move anymore.

>Plato's dialogue 'Sophist'
>It's about the art of sophistry and it's relation to philosophy and politics