Worst poet ever?

worst poet ever?

No, that would be me.

Didion doesn't qualify as a poet. Some dank essays though.
Also that's a really fucking stupid question. All you'll get is "famous but overrated" responses, when the worst poet nobody knows because it's not like they got published. They're insignificant.

Mira González
Tao Lin

Larkin, probably. Or André Breton.

Walt faggy assed jerkoff Whitman

I second this

ITT stupid fucking children that parrot opinions they think will make them appear intelligent, all the while not having read shit by the poets they decry. Larkin is great, Whitman is one of the greatest poets to have ever lived. I dare you to read 'On the Beach, at night' by Whitman and still hold that opinion

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles,
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and slipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turling dromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't!

More like o craptain my craptain amiright? Nah honestly though I don't get the Whitman hype I'm sorry, no need to discredit us all, it's just not my kind of lit

That doesn't mean he's the worst poet to ever live you fucking moron

Women really shouldn't write.

Nah you probably are

You have probably read like, 3 whitman poems, think that all he ever writes is exalting poetry with a lot of O!'s, and have formed a reductive dismissive opinion on him as a result. Read more than his meme poems

>Gertrude Stein, Sylvia Plath, Kate Chopin, Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Go read some Hemingway you testosterone-addled cuck

Listen, guys, I understand you like Walt Whitman. I just don't really fuck with him, I've read at least 12 of his pieces and I've not been left wanting more, sorry. I'm sure you guys love it, I just do not, I haven't found anything of his that's worth it to me

No, the worst poet ever was a spontaneously occurring 60-carbon-atom Buckyball that existed briefly in the low atmosphere above Helsinki in 1892. You would think its singular upbringing would translate to a fresh perspective on poetic themes, but its insights were shockingly banal. Also it possessed the most merely facile sense of rhyme, nor was it deft at any intricacy of scansion. (going to go visit that pretentious adjective thread now)

hey man it's cool with me if you have shit taste, was just trying to help you escape plebhood

>mfw someone likes Allen Ginsberg or Emily Dickinson near me

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking Emily Dickinson. Ginsberg I can agree on

Either rhyme or don't.
You can't just rhyme every line in your poem except for two.

Veeky Forums is such a shit hole

nice bait

>worst poet ever?
Me. Hands down.

r u retard ?