Who is the better cook in your family: your mom or your dad?

Who is the better cook in your family: your mom or your dad?

Dad can sort of grill, so I guess him.

Definitely mom. She comes from New Orleans and has all sorts of badass Cajun recipes. We even have a family cookbook. My dad is good on the grill, but he really can't do anything else.

me

>single working mom
>deadbeat dad

What this guy said.

If I seriously had to choose between my parents, then it's definitely my mom by a very wide margin.

She isn't particularly good. She's mediocre at best, but she thinks she has some special talent. My dad, on the other hand, is a bumbling idiot who doesn't understand the concept of cooking at all.

My mom is just arrogant. I have a bunch of stories about my dad. He also seems to fancy himself as a gourmand of some kind, and is very quick to criticize other people's cooking. He has the tastes of a hillbilly, and thinks he's refined like some kind of hotshot newspaper writer.

Dad, bigtime. His barbecue is god-tier and for a dude who's lived in rural Tennessee his entire life, he is bafflingly adept at making dishes from all around the world.

Mom is from Sweden and sorta cooks that way, very little seasoning or variations. If she uses good ingredients it's not bad but she shops at fucking Walmart all the time now.

Growing up my mom did all the cooking, but unfortunately, my dad was the vastly superior cook.

Everything she made had no spices AT ALL. It was the blandest fucking shit ever. I guess that's why I like hot sauces so much now.

My dad. Mom just overcooks things.

My mother. Problem is that while she cooks good she always plays it "safe". She uses normal spices (salt and pepper the most), never tried other cuisine or tries to add more taste. It's tiring after years.

Mom
My dad never cooked not even grilling or anything my mom did it all. Even after my parents got divorced my dad never tried to learn to cook for himself it was all frozen/prepackaged meals and occasionally eating out.

Toss-up. Mom died back when I was 11, so I have a limited frame of reference regarding her cooking, but it was pretty great when she wasn't trying to be too "healthy" with it. Desserts with her were fantastic when we could talk her into doing them the right way. After she passed away, Dad had to get back into the swing of cooking, and he had a lot of hit-or-miss meals on anything that wasn't the grill. Ten years later and I'd say he's better than mom when he puts in the effort. In particular, he and I have gotten pretty damn good at cooking various game meats. We've almost always had at least a little venison on hand, but recently he and I have gotten into pheasant hunting and I've found a few killer ways to cook pheasant breast.

>implying I have parents

The cook at my foster home is a woman so I guess my mom?

Mom. Maybe. Dad just knows a few basic things - overcooked flavorless grilled burgers, pancakes, and potatoes o brien. Mom only ever cooks boring flavorless 1950s America crap, but that's because my Dad and brother have 1950s tastes and panic when their food is flavored with anything other than salt and maybe a little garlic powder. Mom's Christmas cookie recipes are great, and I think she might be an awesome cook if she had some opportunity to make actual good food.

Mom grew up on a farm. Uses that as an excuse to turn all meat into dry rubber that never sits well in your stomach. If you can contract a pathogen from overcooking food, I would be patient 0 just from eating her meat.

Dad is much better. Even though he's color blind he's able to make a good midrare steak every time. Beautiful. Will pick dad anytime.

Dad is great on the grill and cares about food and can cut vegetables and understands not to put the knives in the dish washer.

Dad could have been a 3-4 star chef but went into a low paying, dying industry instead.

Mom is a useless feminist that avoids making her own coffee.

my dad is better at making breakfast but my mom's better at making dinner

Mum is good at roasts. Dad is good at pasta.

Both parents are fairly good at cooking, and do a wide variety of food from around the world.
The thing about dad is he's incredibly slow, it seriously took him 25 minutes to peel potatoes once.
Mom's cooking is decent enough but she tends to stick to the same thing, not willing to try new spices, etc.

Doesn't really matter now though, whenever I'm around them i have to do all the cooking or they'd have like crackers for dinner.

Me, my sister and my mom are way better than my dad or my brother

They were both pretty good. Mum likes to use recipes to cook long and extravagant meals. Dad can put any old thing together and make it taste nice, he keeps it simple.

Gen X was the last generation of 'merican women who can cook. Millenial white wome are skilless jizz mops.

> modern day feminists
> can't do what men do today
> can't do what women did yesterday

Mother used to be a great cook until her mental deterioration

Father grills really well, otherwise can't cook

My dad is a great cook who taught me most what I know, been living on my own for over 10 years and the apprentice has still not surpassed the master.

My mother isn't good at cooking or anything else really. We're not close, but when I go to visit her I always do the cooking.

>Millenial white wome are skilless jizz mops.

I've yet to date a white girl that won't burn toast. Even something as simple as fried eggs are a mystery to them.

Mom.
This is my dad's usual daily meal when he's "cooking" for himself
>Breakfast
Nutrigrain Bar and an apple, coffee
>Lunch
Ham and cheese on white bread, bag of chips, apple, diet coke
>Dinner
Spaghetti with ground beef and a jar of Prego

Almost sounds like the problem is the level of women your ugly ass gets instead of all women.

I've yet to date a boy that would even try cooking.
It's not white girls fault that you date bad cooks

>dating boys
That's pretty gay

The majority of /ck is female

Gross

You're gross

I've seen this claim posted again and again, but I bet none you could back it up with a single shred of evidence to save your life.

( ._.) ( ;_;)

I did most of the cooking because my mom worked 16 hours a day, she makes great cakes tho. Only thing I ever saw my dad make in the kitchen was cigarettes and snarky comments

Samefagging this hard

Mom knew how to cook three things and she never deviated from that. And it never came out tasting good, over salted and dry.

Dad on the other hand was like McGuyver. Give him three ingredients and he could make a great meal. It seemed every time he took to the kitchen, he was making something new and delicious.

While they were married, there was always a battle in the kitchen. Mom was clearly envious and every chance she got she would crap on his cooking. Dad was the quiet, reserved type and I think cooking was his way of expression,

One time he made Salade niçoise out of the blue. It was the first ever in me and my sisters enjoyed eating anchovies and mom just sat there shooting daggers out her eyes.

Mom is more consistent, Dad is hit and miss, but has cooked most of the best home cooked stuff I've had.

My grandpa could cook delicious and healthy polish dishes. My mom can't cook besides the basics, after three days you get tired of pasta. Its a shame that she didn't learn any cooking skills from my gramps.

I guess I'm the better cook of the family now.

My mom's alright, she can follow a recipe just fine. Dad's ok too, though he tends to over cook meat. Stepdad on the other hand, all my good home cooked meal memories are of meals he made. It took him a while, but he made the effort to learn.

dad is picky, but its ok when he does it. well done steaks tho

my mom is better. she has a variety. but she does pot roast thats dry and sucks, request per dad

You don't need to see color to cook a good rare steak man. Just go by feel.

Dad's the better cook because mom burns almost everything. Mom can cook spaghetti, though, which is the only thing dad can't cook, so I guess they complete each other.

My father is best left in front of a BBQ. He can fix a coupla meals in the kitchen but his overall knowledge it a bit limited.

My mother can make a Michelin-star meal out of fuckin' Home Depot hardware if you wanna challenge her that far. She has one weakness: bolognese sauce. She cannot seem to make a thick sauce to save her life. It ALWAYS comes out watery.

That man looks like he wants to sex that gay baby