Without being sent to pol... because it is a meme sewer with nothing to offer

without being sent to pol... because it is a meme sewer with nothing to offer.
What are some books that give the best insight into the closest you could come to a correct political ideology???
I'm thinking not necessarily describing a political system but rather, accounts on human nature that provide insight into the reality of our situation?
It seems like obviously no ideology has been perfect or completely correct but slivers of each contain truth that perhaps when welded together provide not an answer but a complete refutation of all error?? help me

>accounts on human nature that provide insight into the reality of our situation?

Ordinary Men by Christopher Browning

>closest you could come to a correct political ideology

If you aren't willing to wade around in a sewer, don't even get involved in politics.

>help me
I must sound like a STEMfag but I have to say systems science.
Though I would recommend the book "Our political nature". It claims there are evolutionary reasons behind politics. Should probably be taken with a grain of salt, because it seems most likely that not everything is evolutionary determined.
That book also has some overview of historical and philosophical political thoughts.

>I must sound like a STEMfag but I have to say systems science.
To add to this: our socities have become complex systems and centralized government doesn't fit such complex systems.
See Nassim Taleb and his complex science buddy Yaneer Bar Yam for example.

user, your view is skewed to hell. All ideologies are different not because of their means, but because of their ends. Moral ends. Communism places above the totality, capitalism fairness, etc (this list is completely glossed over and I won't bother with complaints). The reason you get to pick between political ideologies is because you get to pick what end you like more.

>correct political ideology
The fact that you could even think that asking this question was something you should do, let alone actually ask it, is one of the worst things I could imagine. I'm truly horrified.

Capital by Marx, obviously. Easy one. Will additionally help you get rid of such trash ideological spooks as "human nature".

you_my-point.jpg

>that pic
Looks like we have a new /ex-yu/ thread here

/thread
If there was an objectively accurate political ideology everyone would follow it because the truth in it would be self-evident. In reality the op hasn't even described what he means by "perfect" or "best" even though these are vague terms that only describe how a system aligns with his personal values and perspective.

read that book in one day, wasn't prepared for it

>If there was an objectively accurate political ideology everyone would follow it because the truth in it would be self-evident.
Bullshit. Why should it be self-evident?

It's Austrian school tier ideology buddy. See Hayek's Law, Legislation and Liberty.

Am I the only one without an actual ideology? I know what I'm against, but I'm not for anything.

>not knowing about your own ideology
The purest ideology! Eat the tasty trashcan

This.
You better check yourself before you rekt yourself. There's not a thing such as "a person without an ideology", but rather someone so oblivious to himself that he thinks that he's beyond such things.
Perhaps you should start asking "why I'm against the things I'm against?". That should entertain you for a while. If you happen to answer that question with "well, it's common sense", then there you have it.

Taleb certainly seems to lean towards that. I am sure his own ideology creeps into his works.

But systems science should be less ideology. I named Yaneer Bar Yam but that's just one example. I've also read Fritjof Capra and Stuart Kauffman, and have several other books on my to read shelf.

Not to say that the sciences are trully immune to pure ideology, just a few are. I find it funny that economics tried to be a hard science and so tried to become like physics but that made them more of a pseudoscience really.

These, to be hese

>correct political ideology

At any given time and place, there is fundamentally only one predominant ideology. If you're a western person in the 21th Century you all function under pretty much the same symbolic structure.

not that user but id assume because if there was a true political system that would imply also that all humans would share a set of interests and values so thus the political system theyd use would be self evident

Systems is like ideology to the extreme bruv, it's fundamentally "don't play God!" in its normative outlook.

>Systems is like ideology to the extreme bruv, it's fundamentally "don't play God!" in its normative outlook.
Systems science can tell us something about how complex systems function.
But of course science cannot answer anything, and that sort of comes from system science - at least from my limited understanding.

I actually think that in some cases science, by reducing stuff to measurable units (let's say happiness for example) and its buddy capitalism by reducing stuff to profit, are unhelpful maybe or sometimes even destructive.

Hell, I'm starting to think we need more subjective - for lack of better word - values instead of values derived from science or economics.

But haven't figured it out all, need to read more books. I do think that science can be helpful in our quest towards ideology, just not by reducing everything to numbers and facts and so on and so on.

I mean the more you read, the more you think "My Gott, pure ideology!".
Pure ideology drives everything, and is everywhere.

This guy gets it