NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON -- SERIAL LIAR AND PLAGIARIST

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON -- SERIAL LIAR AND PLAGIARIST

Other urls found in this thread:

hopsblog-hop.blogspot.com/2016/01/fact-checking-neil-degrasse-tyson.html
hopsblog-hop.blogspot.com/2016/01/fact-checking-neil-degrasse-tyson.html#GMOs
washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/09/27/neil-degrasse-tyson-admits-he-botched-bush-quote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fabricating quotes

????

Neil DeGrasse LIEson amirite????!!!

Aren't all original quotes fabricated?

>shitposting on Veeky Forums

Okay OP, we get it, you don't like this guy. Nobody here does. Can we stop talking about him please?

>black guy
>cheating
Whatd you expect?

No. He doesn't understand the rules of plagiarism.

HA! always knew this fucking COON was a plagiarizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gold

YOU JUST MADE FUN OF THE DISABLED

I'm genuinely interested why "sci/ doesn't like Neil deGrasse Tyson. Can someone please clear this up for me? I like him. I think he has influenced many people into at least thinking science is an important tool and it can be pretty cool as well. Why the hate Veeky Forums??

I Just Had To Stand In Line To Get An Artificial Passport To Cross Artificial Borders To See Members Of My Own Species

Veeky Forums receives a influx of /pol/minded-users every once in a while. It seems worse now as you can see by the sheer number of retarded posts.

> Canadians are a different species.

> religious people offended by misquotation
that sweet fucking irony

He gives a lot of wrong info. I wouldn't call him a liar, just addled and confused. See hopsblog-hop.blogspot.com/2016/01/fact-checking-neil-degrasse-tyson.html

I'm not sure why people are calling him a plagiarist.

Can I fact check a fact-checking website?
hopsblog-hop.blogspot.com/2016/01/fact-checking-neil-degrasse-tyson.html#GMOs

Humans, for centuries, have not only been applying artificial selection to get desirable traits, but have also been practicing cross-breeding and grafting.
All that Monsanto's been doing is being more selective in which genes it steals from other organisms.

Because he wraps his opinions in sciency terms to push his agendas and feel superior to others, then tells people that by liking his IFLS page you too, can now feel superior to others because you know 'science' like that the moon was not in the right place in a fictional movie.

Hes not even a fucking scientist, hes a data collector and hasnt even done that in the past decade.

I don't think you understand how to greentext properly.

In your attempted form of the greentext, the idea is to sarcastically summarize the quoted post's argument, not post a counter argument. Rememeber that in your form of usage, you should read it as if the right arrow was the word "implying".

You responded to an ironic post lampooning Tyson's views on political borders, a view which claims everyone is the same species, by saying, in effect, 'you are implying that Canadians are a different species'. It is clear that this response indicates either a lack of reading comprehension or a lack of knowledge how to construct a proper greentext sarcastic response.

No need to thank me. I'm just a friendly local poster who wants to preserve the fine cultures of this site.

said there's more transcendental numbers that irrational numbers
said the aleph numbers only got up to aleph 4

oh boy that fucking Joe Rogan episode
I think I had a seizure

>cross-breeding and grafting are stealing from other organisms

These aren't really comparable to modern GMOs. Grafting doesn't work that way at all, and cross-breeding requires compatible species.

Nice try at alternate fact checking. Gene splicing as practiced by Monsanto isn't the same as artificial selection. No matter how much tequila you give a squid, he's not going to mate with a tomatoe plant. What they do is not doable viable the selective breeding humans have been doing for centuries.

>2/3 of the stars have Arabic names

Not just the recent Joe Rogan episode. Tyson has been saying confused stuff about the cardinality of infinite sets for years. Why on earth do we put him on a pedestal? It's a good sign the general U.S. populace is clueless when it comes to math and science.

In practice maybe, In principle it is doable, although it would take a long time.
Just breed tomatoes for a couple of thousand years in such a way that they get closer and closer to squids, and breed squids so that get closer and closer to tomatoes, maybe use some other species to bridge the gap too, and make sure the tomaty keeps the property you want in the squid in its long journy to animal-dom. After a couple milion years you will have 2 specied close enough together to make a viable offspring, BAM, squidmato., now breed that squidmato back dowen the line you left from squid to it till you get back to squid and you have a squid with the property of the tomato you wanted.

What did he mean by this?

And stars with Arabic names was supposed to confound Bush's point. In Tyson's world Bush's post 9-11 speech was a piece of Arab bashing xenophobic demagoguery. Bush's actual speech was a level headed call for tolerance and inclusion, exactly the opposite of Tyson's crack induced hallucination. See washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/09/27/neil-degrasse-tyson-admits-he-botched-bush-quote/

>In practice maybe, In principle it is doable, although it would take a long time.
Nope. Selective breeding doesn't change the genes. It just changes how much specific genes occur in the gene pool. To get food producing chlorophyl in cephalopods would requiring some mutations or maybe gene splicing.

Are you a fucking retard? you will get mutations, selective breading can keep or discard these mutations, mutations build up over time to change the organism. you said so yourself. Fixing mutation that happened to be caught with selective breeding in the gene pool is how we got most domesticated shit we have now.

He pushes people into pop sci which isn't real science

I can't even begin to tell you how many people start studying physics at university nowadays and drop almost immediately when they see the quantity of math need, a fact they never get from people like NDT. They think it's all cat in the box shit

Selective breeding cannot induce these characteristics, and no amount of mindless blithering you do can change that

>Are you a fucking retard? you will get mutations,

Are you a cucked retard? Selective breeding doesn't induce mutations. Humans may have encouraged mutations that happened by chance but they did not cause the mutations until very recently.

no person has ever been right and used cuck unironically in a sentence

What about when Octavian Caesar drove Marc Antony out of Rome by calling him a cuck for letting one of his (Caesar's) generals fuck his (Caesar's) sister, who was Antony's wife?

Some of Trump's followers believe armageddon will be a war between Muslims and Christians. So that Tyson tweet isn't as retarded as some of his comments. Even though wars are usually fought over wealth and real estate, not beliefs.

>neil smoke degreasse tyson

he says he is a scientist but look at his skin. it's black. he can't be a scientist.

What I find more objectionable in his discussion of GMOs is his use "Argument from Monsanto," labeling genetic engineering as something Monsanto does, and thus, since everybody knows that Monsanto is evil, genetic engineering is something sinister.

Protip NDGT, Monsanto is not the only company to use genetic engineering techniques.

Is this Dr. Tyson? You seem to have his grasp of history.

Lol gene splicing makes genes much easier to spread than reproduction.

>and thus, since everybody knows that Monsanto is evil, genetic engineering is something sinister

Huh? "Genetic modification as practiced by Monsanto…" doesn't imply gene splicing is good or bad. In fact this is the next paragraph:

"Are GMOs beneficial? Or are they harmful? I don't know. I'm not taking a position pro or con. I'm pointing out Tyson's argument conflates two different techniques."

it's from a movie...you think i'd fact check a historical fiction?

>knowing you're right

Unsalvageable.

>using cuck as an insult
ha. might as well just fly a nazi flag and start burning science textbooks.

his tweets are things you'd say on LSD and think is the most profound thing ever. then when you sober up you realize it was retarded.