Do you read a book with the dust jacket on or off? On here

Do you read a book with the dust jacket on or off? On here.

On, my man. However, I will remove the dust jacket if it slides off too easily

Literally why have it on?

Particularly, when you're reading, it's just a weird physical thing that takes me out of reading whenever I have to do anything, like turn the pages.

Who cares?
Sage.

paperbacks. its easier to hold because its foldable.

>Leaving the jacket on
I bet you're uncircumcised as well

But OP, when you're reading the book, you are the dust jacket
A rolling stone and so on with the moss
All that's going to happen is you and the dj will interfere with each other
The dj gets frayed and creased, and you get paper cuts
It's like two people on a relay team trying to run at the same time
You and the dj gotta work it out and take turns
Everything in its proper time

You take the jacket off, idiot.

>
>needlessly bringing your genital mutilation into this

>reading analog books
Okay, hipster.

>not autisitcally counting the pages you've read by twos
How you even gonna read if you're not planning your reading session out to an even number of page turns?

fucking this. like 2 or 4 pages will go by and im always expecting to be like a fourth of the way through the book.

to protect the book

Jacket off, thrown away.

But while you're reading, it's not particularly more protected than when it is without the cover. Things can still fall on the page, and so on.

The physical act of reading, with its large- and small-scale movements, serve to keep the exterior of the book free of impurities
This is assuming the reader is not eating of course
Also there's the issue of detritus falling between pages, especially deep in the interpaginate crease
The ideal situation is a clear cover for the individual pages while reading, or barring that a clear dust jacket that can be placed over the pages while reading and moved when turning pages

>dust jacket
>clear cover while reading
autism

also, i find that if i keep the slip cover on, it just gets utterly destroyed. torn, folded and crushed so i usually take it off and put it back on when im done and when it's sitting on the shelf.

Is that crypt keeper Evola?

I don't read hardcovers.

All my books have those clear library covers on them. Do those idiots really think that will stop me keeping them?

this desu
i used to like hard covers, in fact i do own a lot of hardcovers i love, but paperback is way more comfortable, specially if you carry your book around and read outside

off

see picture

>what is a joke
>someone else has trouble decoding the world, not me

Remove when reading and put it back on afterward

Only degenerates read with the jacket on..

This and only this.
What's doubly astonishing is when people take books out and about with them (to class, etc.) and put their books in their totebags etc. with the dust jackets on. I imagine these people trying out contact lenses and trying to put the entire package in their eyes without taking the lenses out

Is this a book about bricks?

>not knowing about The Phenomenology of Bricks

>Not owning a dust jacket armoire
>Not hanging up your book's dust jacket during each reading

Is everybody here living in poverty? Embarrassed for you all.

It's astonishing? How much time do you sit judging others?

it's not hard to notice someone taking a book out of a bag with a torn-up dust jacket
maybe you'll get into school some day yourself

Lol UCI dumb bitch. There you go again.

1. Receive book.
2. Immediately discard dust jacket.
3. Retrieve dust jacket once finished for storage purposes.

Reading a book with a dust jacket on is the sign of the amateur normie reader to my mind.