What's the most expensive book you own? Most expensive book you'd like to own?

What's the most expensive book you own? Most expensive book you'd like to own?

Other urls found in this thread:

global.oup.com/academic/product/the-european-convention-on-human-rights-9780199594061?cc=dk&lang=en&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$600 bible from the 1800s; it's two volumes and are more like tomes

>Most expensive book you'd like to own?
Everyman's Library Fall of the Roman Empire

>What's the most expensive book you own?

100 Euro used.

a 40$ bucks translation of "Being and time".
>not reading pirated books on your computer

I own a first edition hardback of "The Red Book" by Carl Jung.

I would like to own Jung's own copy.

A bible, wooden cover, with a steel lock. Really old and catholic.
Or maybe those freemason things.

global.oup.com/academic/product/the-european-convention-on-human-rights-9780199594061?cc=dk&lang=en&
£195
It's for work but still fucking expensive.

4 volumes and some odd pages of In the Realms of the Unreal.

Parerga und Paralipomena, both volumes.

Please no bully.

6 tome biology encyclopaedia from the 1600s, each tome dedicated to an animal kingdom (mammals, birds, reptiles, etc). It has hundreds of beautiful and very large hand-painted illustrations. It's particularly valuable because it talks in great detail about lots of animals that are now extinct but weren't at the time (like Dodos for example). The complete set was valued by 4 different antiquarians by up to 2000 dollars.

There's an antique book shop close to were I live that sells a true first edition of 100 Years of Solitude by García Márquez at something like 1000 usd. Should I do it?

My wife just bought a civil war surgeons working scrap-book/personal medical cheat sheet filled with practical cut outs of current medical academia as well as personal notes and illustrations for $150

I also own a first edition first printing In Cold Blood

Jesus...

I don't own any books worth more than $20. I would like to get a hardback edition of The Red Book.

"Der Krieg von 1870-71" by J. Scheibert, about the Franco-Prussian War.

It's only worth about 60 bucks, but it's roughly 110 years old and I like to read parts of it now and then.

I was going through the books I'm giving away and my copy of The Green Hat was going for over $100 but Im sure it's not worth that. I'm not interested in buying expensive books.

cool!

p. cool but not worth it to me personally

My copy of Lord of Light is worth like a hundred dollars apparently.
Also I wouldn't be surprised if some of my old SNES strategy guides could fetch a pretty penny.

a 1945 printed hard cover copy of Finnegan's wake.

An interpration of the penal code written around King George II's reign. I don't know how and when it came into our home but an auctioner told me that it worths approx. 500 pounds.