Then we can say we've been published

(especially before age 25)

Who's in?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4wzCU
discord.gg/Bvf28
discord.gg/RVzq4zg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what are we gonna do, superficial reviews of blood meme?

I am in, OP. I am genuinely in. What would we write about?

>Who's in?

I like the idea, but your margins are simply too small for me to feel safe investing. I'm out.

Free thought, shitposting, et cetera. It can start trash and then evolve over time.

These type of things are valued by historians.

Start a discord and advertise it on Veeky Forums OP, interested persons will join

Veeky Forums has already had a few literary journals in the past. Most notably, The April Reader.

I know there's a new one called ideologylit - are there any others?

Liturgy: The literary journal where fresh new talent goes to die. Now with 3 Gravity's Rainbow reviews per issue.

In a thread a long time ago I proposed we call it The Shitpost. It wraps up Joyce jokes, our jargon, a newspaper-like name, and a categorization of its content.

The Metric.

The April Reader spin-off was called The Metric.

It sucked.

Funny, the way I remember it, it was TAR that sucked more of the two.

I'll join in. It will probably bust but who knows.

Look at OP's image and relax your eyes until the catwalk looks like his legs and his shoes/knees look like his dick

There really should be three GR reviews per issue

Veeky Forums has had numerous literary journals over the years. They've all flamed out and died.

Only if I get to be an editor

>The Shitpost (that is good, maybe, The Shit Post)

How about; Shnipikt

Patrish

Newfagled

Can you publish ny shitty and pretentious manchild video game reviews?

only if you know someone that makes very bad comics

I can do it myself. Do you accept crude MS Paint?

It would need an editor with high aesthetic sensibilities.

I nominate myself, of course.

I have an English degree and used to be on the editorial board of on an irrelevant university journal.

What are your qualification? Rejections from publication look bad on your resume, btw.

I swear I did a better job editing that than my Veeky Forums posts.

Interested but what content would you like?

Why would anyone know what magazines I've been rejected from? My body of work speaks for itself.

I propose a 50/50 mix of memes and freestyle genuine content, with a Murakami-esque short story in the middle blending a dream meme world with an otherwise tasteful slice of life short story of a typical patrician litizen.
Short stories, poetry, tasteful nonfiction articles, reviews and what have you.

>poetry

Relevant mediums only please

If Veeky Forums is going to have a journal it should be based on Veeky Forums

No content that didn't get significant (you)s here deserves to be featured in it.

It would take forever to get enough material that way. We just need to solicit submissions via email or website (with or without criteria) and somehow get the address in the sticky or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat as you re:poetry. Put aside your pretenses, though. It deserves it's own corner.

Whats the point in that? It'll just be some faggots ego project.

One way or another we need a way to keep the selection process tethered to the board

RIP TAR
we hardly knew ye

Seems to obvious to be really considered. I nominate PBE Magazine (Pounded by Ezra Magazine).

I'm in, lads.

>There really should be three GR reviews per issue
At least one of those rewiews should be by someone who hasn't even read the book, in order to truly capture the authenticity of Veeky Forums.

I'm intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humour.

You could have a rotating editorial board, or one of those vote dealies for submissions. Or we could have an ongoing /submissions/ thread where we discuss and (You) vote. I like that option, but I think it'd be a disorganized mess that would end up flaming out into endless shitposting.

It's been done a million times, it never goes anywhere and they all give up.

God no, reddit tier

>but I think it'd be a disorganized mess that would end up flaming out into endless shitposting.

Thats good, what else is this board for. You do anything else and then you get a reddit democracy

If "The Shitpost" is Veeky Forums-tier I don't think the community here has the right to be picky.

Well then reddit awaits you my friend, they'll appreciate your intelligent puns there

Seriously, Pounded by Ezra fucking sucks. The Shitpost isn't great or original, but it's better than that.

Why don't we just vote for an ideology to govern content selection each issue?

Neither of them are pretentious enough desu.
There's a distinct lack of Desu in both too, desu.

The problem is someone has to select the content in the end. We could take submissions on themes, vote on those, then adopt that theme for our /submissions/ threads for that publication period. Sounds like a huge pain in the ass to me.

Any successful Veeky Forums journal will have to be based on early 20th century radical publications

>title
>not "My Diary Desu" or "Desu's Diary"

WE'VE GOT IT BOYS

Our Journal Desu

Gravity's Diary Desu

I vote for Desu's Diary.

HISTORY IN THE MAKING FOLKS

If you're going to shill your own idea, at least make your typing style less consistent.

t. the pun faggot

Urrrr someone disagrees with me it must be butthurt xD

Count me in, boys.

Is someone going to open up a Google doc or what are we waiting for?

I'm in.

What do? Any serious plans?

My dude we're about to GET SHIT DONE, just like that podcast thing!

We need a week's more worth of arguing over minutia and an old white male to spearhead with a Google doc and we're good to go.

Just join this shitty discord thing so we can pool our efforts.

discord.gg/4wzCU

Nah that's me. I like Desu's Diary better but I still thought the pun wasn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Seriously, join it.

don't have a retarded name like desu's diary you fuckwits. it stops us from ever being taken seriously by anyone.

Strongest runner right now is "You Will Never Get Published".

>In a thread a long time ago
Wonderful lads.

It'll never be done.
First issue should include a pretentious essay on virtue called "To Be Honest".

>this instant invite is invalid or has expired
Fuck you too.

discord.gg/Bvf28

Veeky Forums tried: every submission was terrible. As in, me, a pretty pedestrian poet, could have written something better in 15 minutes.

soz m8, this link here won't expire:

discord.gg/RVzq4zg

ZWG and TAR were both awful, I contributed to both with fiction and editing.

I'm in, if someone has something better than an expired discord invite.

God has granted you two non-expired discord invites.

cover mockup

This Discord link should be working:

Made an improvement.

I think the reason why a journal will never take off is that no one who is serious about their work would submit to a Veeky Forums journal. No one wants to be called a racist/sexist IRL, dude (note that I'm not implying that everyone on Veeky Forums actually IS a racist/sexist, but that is the common perception). So we're left with a bunch of ironic meme literature or trunk stories written by people using pseudonyms.

Believe me, I would love to circumvent the liberal-fascist controlled publishing industry, but I think this is a fool's errand.

Agreed. Lit is currently as a field dominated by the leftist pseudo-counterculture. An actual counterculture would have to either have a heavy liberalist slant or be radically right wing, both of which would be career killing in this day and age. The trend that defines this coming generation is the murder of the freedom from ideology previous artistic generations attempted to provide; simply put, any serious work would have to be anonymous and on the internet to avoid dooming the author, and thus be disregarded as the work of " supremacist internet trolls", or else be attached to the author's name and thus be disregarded as the complaints of a dying past.

You could easilly anonymously submit shit, and yeah it would be a meme journal for a year or so.

My first submission would probably be some finegans wake style poetry about farting.

>any serious work would have to be anonymous
That was also the case during the enligthenment. Stop being a pussy.

I don't see how that observation makes me a pussy.

This is still just some Veeky Forums-project, not a career springboard. I'm still happy to contribute, even if it won't find much acclaim outside of Veeky Forums.

Oh yeah of course that's fine. It could be a good bit of fun for two weeks or some such, but its unfortunate because no one will read it or continue to contribute to it for much more time than that. I suppose I also ended up going off about the contemporary "counterculture"

Have you been to the discord? Based on that alone I feel like this could last longer than you'd expect. But yeah, we'll see! It's still in its early stages.

Pathetic idea. Seriously. I've been published several times and I've barely tried. I've never even studied English or the craft of writing, yet I've literally been published in 4 journals and 2 collections. Pull your socks up.
No one worth mentioning will read this.

>take off
We publishing it for free online. It would be post post post post ironic short stories, like this:

does anyone read journals except writers?

referring even to things like tin house btw, but esp third tier anonojournals

If there's no print edition there's almost no point

Nobody reads print journals

yes they do

Ok- nobody who isn't wasting their money reads print journals.

Why don't we just call it Literature Itinerary Today or Veeky Forums for short?

Also I will seriously consider helping fund/write for this.

Brb pulling linotype machine out of basement

How bout
The Quarterly Patrician or
Patricians Quarterly or Monthly whatever

"quarterly" or "monthly" doesn't make sense if it's online you retard

>My Diary Desu" or "Desu's Diary"

Best names, shame they both cant be used.

Silly, projective

I cant use discord, can someone tell them, if they haven't already, to make an email for submissions like [email protected]

>It's been done a million times, it never goes anywhere and they all give up.

Real Veeky Forums journal has never been tried before mannn, there is no inherent need for gulags.

The Patricians Vixen

Monthly Whatever

The Girl Stinks

Diary A

Noble Prize

Literally Literary

Portrait of an Artist as a Young WEW

High Cult'ure

Ineluctable Modality (would be way to lame to use this... or any of these)

What Did They Mean by This?