Cookies

You have 5 seconds to give me the best chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time.

Or let's just have a comfy baking thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/the-food-lab-best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html
blog.kingarthurflour.com/2015/05/17/chilling-cookie-dough/
thekitchn.com/basic-techniques-how-to-brown-77018
sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm on a phone and my time is up before I finish this sentence

I'll give you an extra 10 seconds. No rush.

that cookie recipe on the back of a bag of ghirardelli's chocolate chips or w/e. too lazy to find it.

((im not a shill, i do love them desu))

Can you describe them? Are they thick and soft?

Why did everyone stop liking cupcakes?

how are you supposed to eat those? they look too tall to get a nice bite of cake + frosting, like if you tried you'd get frosting up your nose. do you just eat the frosting first?

You want a soft cookie? I don't understand you, but try using brown sugar then

Yes! I want a soft cookie. Soft and chewy.

Who the fuck would want a hard cookie?

>not eating cupcakes with utensils like a normal person

fucking americans

We have a nice recipe at home... They stay soft for a while but could do with a bit less sugar imo

PLEASE do share, user.

Bake them less? That's how I've always made soft cookies.

Not sure of recipe measurements... Will have to look tomorrow

I already told them how to do it.
Use brown sugar

The ones that use pudding mix in them.

300g salted butter, softened
200g dark brown muscovado sugar
200g golden caster sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg
450g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
300g plain chocolate chip

The NY Times recipe

this, also remember that cookies will continue to cook while cooling so don't bake till they're the doneness you want, but rather take them out a bit earlier so you're both right

Store bought is best.

yuppie cookies, best cookies

Browning the butter makes a huge difference for cookies imo

>browning the butter

shitting on them? i don't get it.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/the-food-lab-best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html
SE's meta-recipe still is the most comprehensive guide to chocolate chip cookies I've ever found. It breaks down each ingredient and how it impacts the cookie and what ratios to adjust depending on your personal preferences for a thick and chewy vs. thin and crispy cookie.

Strongly recommended, but optional:
1. Use a blend of dark (either bitter or semi-sweet or even both) and milk chocolate and process the chip and chunks to irregular shapes and sizes with a knife or blender for textural contrast. This also produces larger pockets of chocolate as well as smaller chocolate "dust"/crumbs that readily melt into the dough, making striations of chocolate throughout the cookie.
2. If you like a craggy top split the measured dough in half and smoosh it back together on the baking tray exposing the rough split surface on top
3. A bit of kosher salt on top potentiates the sweetness of the cookie

What you absolutely must do however is:
1. Use browned butter in the recipe which imparts a nutty toffee flavor
2. Allow the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 24-36 hours before baking which allows some of the flour starch to sugar and concentrates flavor by slightly leeching some excess moisture .
blog.kingarthurflour.com/2015/05/17/chilling-cookie-dough/
3. Use an ice cream scoop or spoon and kitchen scale to portion equal weighted servings so they bake uniformly (approx 3 tbsps or 3 oz each for larger bakery-style cookies that are softer or 1 tbsp/1 oz versions for smaller snacking cookies that are crisper)
4. Only bake a single tray at a time and rotate the pan halfway through.

thekitchn.com/basic-techniques-how-to-brown-77018

That's the takeaway recipe, here's the tl;dr guide I meant to link behind it if you want to customize your dough:
sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

>melt brown sugar (1cup), white sugar (1/2cup), and butter together
>fold in flour and eggs and baking soda and pinch of salt
>add milk chocolate chips and small amount of maple extract
>really rich almost unbearably good cookies