I'm turning 21 soon and I've always wanted to try apple cider. What's the best brand...

I'm turning 21 soon and I've always wanted to try apple cider. What's the best brand? Pic related seems pretty good to me because of all the spotify ads.

Angry orchard is only Ok. Woodchuck and Bold Rock are the better chap ones imo.

>tfw all apple cider tastes the same to me

I like Strong Bow, Woodchuck, Angry orchard, and Crispin.

I see Angry orchard most often so that's usually what I end up getting.

I like this one

Cider is supposed to be refreshing due to less ABV. It's like the apple flavored shandy. It's the guy who is driving home that night. He's drinking, getting a little tipsiness, but it's not lasting.

What is wrong with ciders is that some are pretty sour and sweet both, and some even have a hint of a spoiled flavor (some european ones). Some are so wine coolerish, that they are unbearable and cloying if you drink more than one. Maple? Cinnamon? Ginger? WTHF.

I like Woodchuck Gumption (I think it's limited release). It's dry crisp aftertaste on the palate, isn't watery and has a nice bold flavor too. It's good straight up, but also doesn't clash with meals for food pairing. This is preference for me though.

Although it's not apple, woodchuck pear is GOAT

Strongbow, magners and crispin if you prefer them dry. Angry orchard is the better of the sweet variety. Check your town for a local cidery, there are some places with cideries that do some very interesting things

I haven't had cider in a while but I highly recommend Wicked baked apple pie.

Angry orchard is bad. It's really hard to drink after you've had good cider. It's just mass produced and mass marketed.

My favorite (when I still drank) was the Woodchuck Barrel Select. But it only comes out seasonally for a short time.

I thought it tasted terrible after the first bottle.. like alcoholic Worcestershire sauce... but half-way through the second I developed a taste for it. By the last bottle it had become my new favorite alcoholic drink, and I had a craving for it. It sucked when the stores would run out, and I would be impatient for them to come out again every year.

I didn't get to have any last year before I finally quit. I'm not sure if they ever came out with it but they were pushing this cherry flavored garbage instead that tasted like cough medicine. Fucking assholes.

>not paying for spotify premium

Angry Orchard is my favorite gas station cider. Its sweeter than the others Ive tried.

>Cider is supposed to be refreshing due to less ABV
Compared with beer? Cider is not 'supposed' to have less ABV than beer. Good cider is typically higher.

You never had apple cider before?
I tried it when I was 15 in christmas with all my family lol

Scrumpy or nothing

I can just imagine the taste of that shit warm.
Its giving the the fucking fidgets.

Best I've had.

stella "cidre" is garbage. My local bar got rid of Angry Orchard on tap for this shit. Tastes like apple piss mixed with beer.

Not even close to what real cider should taste like which is why they stylize it "cidre" as I don't believe it technically is a cider by definition.

Pretty much all of the '''cider'''' ITT is garbage

However, we have a flyover mod who bans wrong opinions about alcohol, so this post will disappear within minutes

Strongbow is pretty good for a mass produced cider and has been mentioned at least twice in this thread.

One of my favorites that I can find somewhat regularly.

One local restaurant even has it on tap. Another two or three have cans.

That's like saying "McDonalds is pretty good for fast food"

There's a lot of shit tier food and drink that's marginally better than some other shit-tier food and drink but there are reasons so many grown men run around making loud gagging noises at the idea of drinking cider. They've never had anything good so they cling to their comforting reassuring DIPA with dragons and swear words

>t. Demoman

>nothing mass produced is good

Just kys

Some mass produced things are good. Usually, durable hard goods. But cider, like wine, is essentially produce. If you want to make shit tier fruit into something palatable, fortunately there's a great deal of modern technology out there that can help you make it into something that isn't completely revolting. But it's like sunny D compared to actual juice squeezed from a fresh delicious sweet orange. White trash that has never had anything better will try to google for reasons why it's a scam, but the difference is very obvious. Why anyone would defend the inferior version, after having had both, is beyond me. Unless of course they'd never had the good version, which is the far more likely explanation.

I prefer Ace, if you can find it. They have a sampler pack of a bunch of different fruit ciders.

You should also see if you have any local cider makers in your area.

>which is the far more likely explanation
You act like good cider is hard to find, it's not, it IS hard to find served in restaurants however, which is why I have no problem drinking cheaper ciders.

Stop acting like a pompous prick, you aren't impressing anyone here.

If it's so common, why do I never see anything other than garbage posted in these threads? Why are you defending Strongbow and Woodchuck?

In any case if my wrong opinions upset you feel free to report, the hall monitor should be along shortly

I've had beer and wine but nobody I know drinks cider