How to cook tasty chicken breasts Veeky Forums?

How to cook tasty chicken breasts Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/j7NFy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't

Season with salt and pepper. Cook until safe temperature. Done.

Congratulations.

You spelled it right this time, well done.
Get your carer to help and remember you're not a spastic, you're just 'differently abled'.

Cook thighs instead, unless you're doing it for fitness instead of flavor, in which case grilling does wonders. Salt and pepper too, just like the guy above said.

>fell for meme
>come here when you don't know what to do with your stupid purchase

It's all day with you motherfuckers.

aww you noticed.

yeah sorry I was under the impression that people here actually know how to cook. my bad.

Who are these lunatics that keep garnishing raw chicken breast with mint?

salt liberally, season to taste

pound them into an even thickness

pan fry then bake until 160f

let rest

keep the skin on and the bone in.
make a pan sauce.

microwave. like 10-12 minutes, flip and rotate 2/3 of the way. dash with hot sauce then serve with hot fries and kool aid.

i heard a kiwi marinade is nice on chicken

also i like a buttermilk with oregano marinade.

cut up in strips, bit of lea&perrins sauce, salt&pepper, thyme, oregano, fry in oil, mix with fried mushrooms (done basically the same way). when just about done, add a bit of lime juice and let it boil away. can get bit dry if cut too small, but great with a yoghurt sauce, or aioli, or tsaziki... some sauce with garlic in it.

Ingredients
• 1 large sealable freezer bag
• 4 chicken breasts, deboned
• ¼ cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s w/ Olive Oil preferred)
• ¼ cup chopped shallot (or green onion, close enough)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon oregano
• 3 spoonfuls of Dijon mustard
• 1 garlic clove, finely minced
• Juice of about 1/5th lemon or lime (if in doubt, put less)

Preparation
1) Mix all ingredients except the chicken breasts until the marinade has an even appearance.
2) Pour the marinade into the freezer bag, seal and knead to spread it around.
3) Reopen the freezer bag and insert the chicken breasts. Seal and knead to spread it on the chicken as much as possible.
4) Place into refrigerator and let sit for two hours.
5) Grill on BBQ.

Bake at 350F in a dish greased with olive oil along with potatoes, onions, carrots celery, all except the chicken diced into bite-sized chunks. Season with salt, pepper, parsley, paprika, and oregano. Bake until chicken is done and potatoes are tender. Serve with a side of rice. Works great literally every time.

i followed the coconut curry recipe here and liked it
imgur.com/gallery/j7NFy

blackened chicken with lime zest

Heat a few tablespoons olive oil or butter in a small pan, add a couple minced garlic cloves and let it infuse for a few minutes. Pound out the chicken so it's even, then put into the oil, then dredge in seasoned bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet, pour the remaining oil onto the chicken, then bake at 425 for about 20 minutes or until it registers 155 - 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.

butterfly them
cooks quicker, chicken stays moister

The only way to eat chicken breasts is patted with flour in cubed sizes and fried and tossed in american chinese sauce from store. Or the plain ole tenderoo.

I stuff them with spinach and cheese and wrap the in prosciutto
Then I make a mushroom sauce to go with it

Sous vide at 149 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour, season with salt, rest for 10 minutes, finish by pan searing or grilling for a couple minutes each side.

>using your cell phone to boil your steak inside a ziploc bag

loling

Medium rare

>A decent seasoning.
There are thousands of combinations you can do with spices.Buy one of the generic jarred Morrocan, Cajun, Middle-Eastern, etc. spice mixes if you don't want to mix up your own.
>Keep it thick
Thinner breasts make for even and easier cooking but they are so fucking prone to drying out. Keep that fucker fat.
>Once you've browned both sides turn the heat down
Decent chicken breasts should be done low and slow in the pan
>Take them off just before they're fully cooked and rest them
Use a thermometer if you need to put you'll get the point where you can just sense it based on look and feel. Rest it for five minutes or so whilst you prep your veggies and it'll continue to cook a little bit and get fully done yet will be juicy as fuck.

People always seem so flabbergasted when they eat my chicken breasts and after mmming they ask, "what did you do to these?"

The simple answer is season and don't fucking overcook.

That's all there is to it.

Season with salt, pepper and (optionally) chilli powder. Fry on medium to high heat along with garlic and (optionally) a herb such as thyme or rosemary. Add butter in the end and baste.

If you leave out the optional things you need only the most basic of ingredients making it a very simple and effective way to cook.

Pic related. In b4 >raw pepper, fuck you I like it raw.

for chicken breasts i either turn it into farce and do something with it or just salt pepper and sear.
i prefer the flavor to come from the sauce rather than the protein.

oops forgot to mention about resting
5 mins sear = 5 mins resting
and i dont mean under a fan or inside an oven, just let the meat cook itself but thats totally up to you, resting chicken breasts in an oven gets it dry super fast

One time i accidentally slow cooked my chicken by leaving it in a pot of water on low. When i took it out it was white all the way through but when i bit into it it felt uncooked.

butterfly, flaten and bread them
fry in pan

Butterfly, pound flat, marinate.

On a pan, use a bit of stock you like to cook it and then reduce that with some wine.

Shake and bake. Done.

>How to cook tasty chicken breasts Veeky Forums?

You could buy chicken thighs, which actually have flavor to begin with...

Try soaking the breasts in buttermilk for 8-12 hours. That'll make them tender, at least. Buy chicken with SKIN on it, cook it with the skin in place, then discard it if you don't want to eat it. Rub with oil, sprinkle kosher salt on them, roast @ 350 for about 30 minutes... get an instant-read probe thermometer, you won't gain any flavor by overcooking them, you know?

>how to cook chicken breasts:
>but a fatter cut instead
>soak it in fat
>rub it with fat
>cook it with its fat-laden skin on it
thanks Veeky Forums.

How to make fucking amazing chicken:

>2x Chicken breast
>Some tin foil
>Baking tray or w/e
>Salt
>Pepper
>Water
>Whatever else you feel like

Take take chicken breasts and rub some salt over them, and put them to one side.
Cut a roughly square piece of foil and lay it on a flat surface.
Put the chicken in the middle of the foil and cover in pepper + whatever else.
Turn the chicken over and repeat.
Bunch the foil up around the chicken to make a metallic pouch.
Pour in about a shotglass worth of water, and scrunch the foil together to seal it up.
Put the pouch on a tin plate or baking tray, and put it in the oven.
180C or therabouts, doesn't have to be exact. You can do some some potatos or whatever at the same time.
Should take ~25mins

Chicken should be moist and tasty on the inside.
Play with the time/temp/amount of water to suit your taste.

fat is good for you, tastes good, and makes you feel good. whats the issue?

skin is the best part...salt and pepper heavily all over, sear on skinside without moving til crispy/golden ike 6 min, turn the chicken, put pan in preheated oven 450F/230C til 65C, about 7 min

Personally I don't like the texture of thighs. I think it is a bit too slimy

It has more than double the calories (probably close to triple).

fucking amazing? No, it's not fucking amazing because there's no color on the chicken.

You described "hobo pouches". This is a meal you prepare on a campfire or on a damn hot engine block because you don't have access to a real kitchen.

Pretty much any way, it's real hard to fuck up chicken

gill them, roast them, fry them, dice them, put them in a stew, bake them

Hot cheetos and nigger kool aid are required, also a deep fryer.

>cut into stripes or whatever
>add a bunch of spices
>mix
>add 1 or 2 eggs, depending on amount of chicken
>mix to make chicken covered in eggs
>add flour and mix to cover it in shit, but don't mix too much, then batter with spices will come off
>fry it in oil

boil them

Slayer fried chicken.

Prep

Blackening seasoning
>Prudhome's redfish blackening blend is good, it's paprika, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, oregano, cayenne, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder

Brine
>Buttermilk
>Blackening
>Sriracha or any red jalapeño sauce

Dredge
>Cornstarch
>Flour
>Salt

Batter
>Beer
>Dredge mixture
>Medium thickness

Chicken
>Pound chicken to 1/2 inch
>Brine for a day
>Dredge, batter, dredge (repeat twice for thicker skin)
>Deep fry at 350f
>Serve over Waffles with some sauces.. Maple syrup, Remy, sour cream, etc. Whatever you're preference is

>buy one of those shitty store marinades
>put chicken in bowl
>mix marinade in with chicken
>a few hours later, grill the chicken

It works every time

....so?

are you not keeping track your calorie intake?
you know sometimes a smaller portion is better if it tastes better, right?

do you really need to pig out that much?

you also want as much proton as possible from those calories

the whole protein-only thing is the definition of popsci nutrition. unless you lift and are currently bulking your body benefits from every macronutrient in different ways. there's a reason you can't sustain yourself off of only eggs and kale. actually, maybe you can, but i digress.

you want as much protein and as low calorie as possible? bake your chicken without any breading or seasoning and eat it like that. it's boring, but that's what you wanted.

Yogurt marinades. Tough to overcook.

Why would you not season it? That's fucking retarded.

>Why would you not season it? That's fucking retarded.

Agreed. But empirically, it seems that fitfags are afraid of even the tiniest bit of a food ingredient that's not straight-up protein. IT wouldn't surprise me if many of them would reject herbs/spices for some silly reason.

Veeky Forums eats oats and chicken breast all day. ketofags are their own breed of obnoxious retard like every fad diet that has plagued pop culture since the 1900's

Cut them in halves if they're too thick (2cm at most for me) so they cook properly.
Pour some olive oil in a hot pan, cook the chicken for approx 5+ min per side (don't forget to move them from time to time so they don't stick).

After that lower the temperature a lot, add semi milked cream, one or two spoons of Dijon mustard and stir. Wait for a minute or two, add salt/pepper to your liking, and serve.

You can also add onions and/or peppers at the beginning, sliced chorizo before pouring the cream, just have some imagination.

Cut a couple potatoes into slices, lay on tray, put in oven previously heated to 200 Cº for 5 minutes minimum,

Put tomato, onion and zucchini (or somesuch) slices on top of the partially cooked potatoes, put whole chicken breasts on top.

Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, thyme, rosemary and white white.

Keep in oven for 20 minutes or so.

How fat are you? I'm still over 200 lbs and I'm at about 1500 calories a day (2 lbs per week loss)

Salt, Pep, Garlic powder, and some Cayenne. rub in in cook. Cook on medium with some coconut oil and cover to keep in moister.

turn up heat at end to get a little crush if you like. should turn out juicy and delicious.

Marinade, fry.

lots of smoked paprika and whatever else you have around. I usually do garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, S&P and ginger.

Unless you're a bodybuilder the day before a competition no one who is fit would tell you to not season shit. Your body needs sodium. If you are active you have to just make sure you are drinking water and getting other electrolytes too.

>grilling
Those cancer marks do wonders as well

>fitfags are afraid of even the tiniest bit of a food ingredient that's not straight-up protein

Those would be 'misinformed' fitfags.

Kinda looks like a heart in the thumbnail

i weigh 155 at 6'0".

1500 is kinda low. i was on 1200 for a while and i was getting back pain so i had to go back up to 1500, but it still sucks.

also, i forgot to mention - it gets easier, user. i was never over 200lb but i was gaining weight at a fast enough pace that i wanted to prevent any health issues. logging becomes a daily activity you dont even think about. the only reason I'm at a 250-odd streak is because i missed a day last summer.

luckily i first started when i was around 18 so around that time is the cutoff for being able to eat anything i wanted with no downsides.

Want good chicken breasts? Get em with the bone in and skin on. You can cook the fucking shit out of them and the skin will take all of the beating instead of drying out the meat.

thighs are still better for diet reasons. Just calculate that into it. There is literally nothing wrong with fat. It's carbs you gotta watch.

bread them and bake them for tasty homemade tendies

Who the hell cares what colour it is when it tastes fantastic and requires almost no effort.
Get the fuck over yourself you pretentious twat.

Also, never heard of "hobo pouches".

cooking some chicken breasts now for the first time since my mom moved out leaving me helpless

will post results in 30 minutes or so

I'm they guy who made up his dinner on the fly last night (chicken, cauliflower, quinoa etc.)

I butterflied and marinated the chicken breast in olive oil, lemon and moroccan spice rub, let it sit for a couple of hours (longer is better)

put it into a hot pan until ready to flip. Then added mango (spread it over the chicken) and covered with a lid. The mango released its moisture so the pan was filled with liquid, so I took off the lid and pushed the mango off the chicken so it cooked real good in the pan.

Moroccan mango chicken breast, it was really quite tasty and juicy