H-help

Requesting any interesting or intricate dialogue scenarios my fellow il/lit/erates can think up.

I have a lot of trouble figuring out an in-scene purpose to the dialogue to make it interesting.

Examples of what I mean:

>One character tries to annoy the other; the other keeps his temper and changes the subject.

>One character is witty, clever, or dramatic, but the other holds power over her (such as being her captor).

>Both characters are equally angry, despondent, or [insert emotional adjective].

>One character keeps asking questions and being skeptical; the other has to respond.

>The characters are being open with each other after a long time of keeping silent.

Other urls found in this thread:

curiosityquills.com/limyaael/
youtube.com/watch?v=dSBUGv2mDnw
instagram.com/p/BAcMPmKMOJe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

those are all interesting. another one you might try is the following:

senselessly drunk fey intellectual with poor social skills tries to explain his complicated stance on monarchy to one of his majesty the king's soldiers occupying his homeland as his jewish ersatz father tries to intervene.

Does she want to get married?

Back of the line.

>autism

>tfw no gf

I didn't read your post

>one character is expressing his outrage at the number of homosexuals that have come on to him recently, the other is a closeted gay trying to maintain composure amidst frustration

>One character is a pseud discussing his misinterpretations of classic literature at a dinner table with their partner and family, the other three are patricians trying to maintain an air of politeness.

>one character is opening up for emotional support, the other secretly hates him

>one character is infatuated with the other, and is awkwardly making small talk, the other is witty but polite, and their rebuffs go unnoticed.

>one character is over-excitable, optimistic and enthusiastic about everything, the other is cynical and spits vitriol at his naivety.

>Examples of what I mean:
You stole those from my diary. Not nice

nah but i did steal them from curiosityquills.com/limyaael/

good stuff

>one character is dying, and is overcome with emotion. The other is a straight-shooter conflicted between grief and excitement about his inheritance, trying to hide his joy with moderate success.

>one character is narcissistic and very intelligent, trying to belittle his more successful but depressed workmate to bolster his bruised ego.

>a group of 3 or 4 are having coffee when the conversation turns anti-semitic. Unbeknowst to them, one of them is a devout Jew, who zealously collaborates with their anti-semitism to avoid persecution.

So you've been reading yoir kitchen sink dramas eh?

>this thread

stop posting my dancing

I found that anything involving lying in some way always creates interesting discussions. E.g. one character makes the other talk to catch him in the middle of a blatant lie, but doesn't want to be discovered doing so.

A lot of Tarantino dialogues involve this.

This

Have two characters with opposing agendas deal with each other. One is a liar.

>dialogue should be boring! ugh, i hate when characters have motivations

??? You realize kitchen sink drama is an actual genre right? OP more or less described a bunch from the 60s/70s

>Kitchen sink realism (or kitchen sink drama) is a term coined to describe a British cultural movement that developed in the late 1950s and early 1960s in theatre, art, novels, film and television plays, whose protagonists usually could be described as "angry young men" who were disillusioned with modern society. It used a style of social realism, which depicted the domestic situations of working class Britons, living in cramped rented accommodation and spending their off-hours drinking in grimy pubs, to explore controversial social and political issues ranging from abortion to homelessness. The harsh, realistic style contrasted sharply with the escapism of the previous generation's so-called "well-made plays".

non-sequitur tier

Honestly you're not making any sense bro.

>post the webm
>doesnt post the version with the doctor dick song

user....

youtube.com/watch?v=dSBUGv2mDnw

>not posting her instagram

PLEBS

instagram.com/p/BAcMPmKMOJe/

>instagram.com/p/BAcMPmKMOJe/
There be monsters in the instragram.

i'm saying "kitchen sink drama" is a non-sequitor and i cant imagine how anything i said resembled "a British cultural movement that developed in the late 1950s and early 1960s in theatre, art, novels, film and television plays, whose protagonists usually could be described as "angry young men" who were disillusioned with modern society."

thought i was pretty clear