Told my friends about the novel I'm writing

>Told my friends about the novel I'm writing
>They make fun of it all the time and it's become a running joke

Other urls found in this thread:

linksqueen.tripod.com/mil.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your friends are cocks. You should friends with similar interests or friends that at least appreciate what your trying to do.

Tell us about the novel you're writing so we can make fun of you too

It's a semi-autobiographical novel about a lonely guy falling in love with a woman on the other side of the world over the internet.

>tell my mom about my manifesto
>she keeps referring to it in a patronizing manner
>inserted an anti-woman chapter between the anti-non-white and pro-euthanasia chapters

wew lad
I hope that's really well written because only forever alone women will read it

kek that sounds like shit user

why did you use pro in
>pro-euthanasia
but not in
>anti-non-white

Elliot is that you?

JUST
I encourage you to work on something else. Not even memeing.

Thats a quick road to having no friends like me

Haha

>Implying the plot itself matters

I encourage you to go to another board

It sounds fine, beats the mass of shitty wannabe Game of Thrones and Stephen King pulp out there

Your friends are in the right

yea im gonna side with your friends here user

It's true plot doesn't matter but how many people are like Arno Schmidt or James Joyce able to weave unique worlds with their words in even the most mundane of situations. He deserves to be memed.

This, in all honesty. I didn't like most of my friends in high school but fuck, anything beats having no friends.

Jesus...
you deserved to be shamed you cringey faggot.

Oh Bubba no...

It's

LIDDRRLY SOOOOO

CRNJ EEE

XD

And what did you learn

And this is more cringy than the book idea. Well done.

eeeesh.

sorry user. may want to recycle this idea and try again.

That being said, your friends shouldnt be making a joke out of it unless they are Veeky Forums like us. If they're all chads, then they fucking suck.

Ahahahahaha

he's a sjw

Looks like you might need new friends, OP. That's a dick move. Still, perhaps it's best NOT to discuss your book idea until you're finished, or if you do choose someone to talk to about it (because I know the feel of wanting to talk about it), make sure it's someone who won't potentially make it a running joke like your friends did. It shouldn't be plural; if you talk about your book, it should be one-on-one, not with a bunch of people. Now that you know they're assholes though, then now you know not to tell them shit.

It's possible to take a subject like that and make a good book out of it... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh at hearing it. Still dickish of your friends to make fun of you for it, but I can see how something like that can be an easy thing to make fun of someone for.

Some of the people in here are right, the concept in and of itself isn't horrible and could be real lit if you were truly skilled at writing it, but it's pretty funny at first glance.

faggots

Quit writing, OP, that sounds terrible

ok but what is it about?
Cause so far sounds like you deserve the mockery

>told my friends about the novel I was writing
>It could have actually been alright but it sounded a bit silly
They don't normally bring it up, they know now that I gave up on being an author

honestly, you may have talent at writing, so please write something that doesn't make you sound like a cringey fuck

>a semi-autobiographical novel about a lonely guy falling in love with a woman

WEW LAD

>falling in love
>over the internet
pottery

I mean it's the most boring thing in the world

t. friendless autist
t. befriended autist

stop writing books about me

Here's the first sentence of the novel, if anyone cares:

"Escobar realized, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had recently heard had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense."

suicidally bad

Im not a fan. This single sentence does a good job of painting exactly who escobar is, which i suppose isnt bad. But he really doesnt sound like someone who i want to spend several hours sharing a headspace with. Its really hard to make a likable beta protagonist (desu this is an opinion desu) and it certainly doesnt help that the first sentence of your books screams hey reader im a huge loser!

For what its worth i like how the end of the sentence reads, even if im not particularly into the message.

Not my line bt dubs lads, just some troll

what could go wrong?

Does the semi-autobiographical part involve falling in love? Have you actually ever been in honest, reciprocated love? Are there any reasons you wanted to tell this story other than wish fulfillment?

I actually think this is an interesting opening sentence. I mean I hope it's intended to be humorous...

>tell furries online about the new erotic novella I'm writing
>get my ego sucked every day by people demanding to know when it will be out
>i'm not even a good writer, I just pander to fetishes
>i do it for free
Just learn to aim for low hanging fruit, brah.

>tfw

Holy... I want more

I think Escobar is a shit name to go with unless perhaps it's based in a certain country where it'd be relatively common or normal. Still, I'm going with these fellows. Could be very interesting. Ultimately OP, if this book is something you're passionate about, then go through with it. If you just forget about or, God forbid, delete it, I think you'd come to really regret it. I wouldn't go around sticking your chest out and telling everyone you're a 'published author', but when you finally get that first book published, even if it's in the Amazon landfill that is CreateSpace, it feels amazingly good to say to yourself "I am a published author". I published my first book less than a month ago, and it still feels great, even though it's not selling whatsoever.

god damn this reply if fucking cringeworthy. even if its posted ironically. fucking reddit.

Your friends are in the right

This

I actually really liked this as an opening sentence. Fuck it OP, write the manuscript as long as you can do it without it taking too much of your time. If it gets rejected so be it/start something new.

Why the fuck isn't anyone recognising this stale pasta.

I've only been here a couple of years and I know the taste of this shit.

I'd preface this sentence with a fragment of some kind and take out the "with a sort of laugh" part.

Like maybe:

"Just before he shut off his computer for the night, Escobar realized that every joke he had heard in the past few weeks had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense."

I like the last half of the sentence but I don't know how to make it work.

You can have a likable beta protagonist if you don't make him a total fag. Or do make him a total fag and make the point of the book to hate him and what a fag he is.

Nice reddit reply, you actually made me cringe. 10/10 if you intended that, kill yourself otherwise.

Yeah OP never delete your writing. Even if it's shit. I have a 50,000 word fantasy novel that is 90% extended battle narrative from when I was 15. It is the gayest crap to ever exist but I still didn't delete it.

You managed to make it much worse.
>what is Notes

>wish fulfillment
Don't kick the kid when he's down man

I disagree. I think the line is perfect the way it is, without your attempt to normalize it.

Gotta put him in reality.

Why Roman?

I made some cringy fucking vids to put on Youtube when I was in my early-mid teens. Then in my late teens/early 20s, when I was stoned one night and paranoid that everyone and their dog that every knew me would see them and think I'm a huge dumbass, went ahead and deleted them. I regret having done it, because just about EVERYONE was a dumbass at some point or another. Especially in their teens. No, there's no fucking way I'm sharing my old-ass Youtube channel on fucking Veeky Forums.

Yeah, I can't believe the amount of newfags in this thread.

Don't listen to them user, I believe in you.

Let their harsh words steel your resolve. Win and prove them wrong. Take every slight against you and make it your strength.

If approached in the right manner and attitude any story set up can be good.

>manifesto
Toppest of keks

There is a story called My Inner Life with a similar premise. Perhaps you can take inspiration from that.

The story can be read for free here:
linksqueen.tripod.com/mil.html