So why is cilantro a thing?

So why is cilantro a thing?

Because it tastes good. You're probably genetically inferior and have that genetic trait that makes it taste like soap to you. You should honestly just kill yourself.

>Why are flavours a thing?
Ffty

>cilantro is a flavour

Sorry about your genetic defect. I'm sure you're an ok person otherwise.

>things can be flavored with cilantro

Never understood the soap meme, but in my case it overpowers the food I eat it with. Which is why I tend to avoid it.

IS the soapy cilatro taste associated with a race? Most people I hear bitching about it tasting like soap are either black or scandinavian

>soap meme

It literally tastes like dish soap was drizzled over the food.

My ancestry is German, English, Scottish, and Czech.

Why do people enjoy the flavour of literraly soap?

STOP PROJECTING

Why are you eating soap in the first place?

>
alright you uneducated fucks, I have read around 30% of the worlds population has a gene that makes cillantro taste exactly like soap. Clearly those people do not want to have soap anywhere near there food thats fucking gross. This gene is mostly associated with the continent of europe for some reason.

On the other hand, for people who do not have the gene, Cilantro is like an amazing, citrusy, basil. It literally goes wonderful on so many things, tastes absolutely delicious and you DO want this on everything trust me. thats why its on everything you fucks, not everyone tastes soap. In fact the majority of the people on earth do not taste the soap.

The Count was christian, idiot.

Culantro is better tasting and I am not shit posting

I fucking love coriander

My mom used to make me swish soap around in my mouth, then rinse it out with water as punishment for saying "fuck you" and "you're fucking stupid" to her when I was 5 or 6.

I have since learned to more effectively debate the opinions of others whom I disagree with.

>post video game thing
So you ARE a child? explains everything

yeah, christian zionist

>cilantro tastes better if eaten in spanish

man you guys were fucking buttmad until showed up

fresh cilantro in noodles or any kind of soup taste fucking delicious

What what specific brand / scent of soap does cilantro taste like?

culantro is different, they aren't even related

>they aren't even related
You are just as wrong as the other guy.
>same family
>not related

>It is the 16th-largest family of flowering plants, with more than 3,700 species in 434 genera[1] including such well-known and economically important plants such as angelica, anise, asafoetida, caraway, carrot, celery, chervil, coriander, cumin, dill, fennel, hemlock, lovage, cow parsley, parsley, parsnip, sea holly, giant hogweed and silphium (a plant whose identity is unclear and which may be extinct).
shut the fuck up

Muh genetics is a shit explanation. It's a psychological thing. While it's true that your specific genetics do effect how you taste things the soap association with cilantro only occurs when someone with that set of genetics didn't grow up eating it. Then they taste something with cilantro in it and part of their brain screams "don't eat that, it's soap!"

Growing up I never had it because my mother didn't use it and there were no good Mexican/SEA/Indian restaurants near me. I first tasted it as a teen and thought it tasted like soap. (My mother still thinks it tastes like soap). But I realized it was going to me in a lot of the foods I wanted to eat, so it was probably a good idea to break myself of that association. I started eating Mexican, Indian and Viet food othen. After a few months my mind no longer associated cilantro with soap, but delicious foods. Now I love the stuff in spite of being someone who initially thought it tasted like soap.

It's mostly a psychological thing even if your genetics predispose you to finding the taste a little "soapy". These days it doesn't taste the least bit soapy to me. It just tastes like cilantro.

You forcing yourself to eat something that tastes like soap in order to get used to it, does not make cilantro not taste like soap to some people and makes the genetic argument work

My point is that your genetics may predispose you to tasting things a little differently than others, but the soap association is a psychological thing. Cilantro tastes nothing like soap to me now, though it did when I first tried it.

Culantro and cilantro's relations to other plants do not negate their relation to each other.