I just made tamagoyaki for the first time. I also made rice for the first time

I just made tamagoyaki for the first time. I also made rice for the first time.

The tamagoyaki turned out alright (not as good as the restaurant one made by real professional tojo). I didn't have mirran so I used extra sugar and soysauce. It still had the bitter egg aftertaste after would the mirrin have fixed this?

Also I burned the rice

I am still extremely happy I know how to make tamagoyaki now

bump

>i made a flat rolled omelette with soy sauce and sugar
>i also cooked white rice

good thread nice post I like it

The recipe called no mirrin but I had none so I added an extra teaspoon of sugar and soy sauce

you can buy mirin in any decently stocked Asian supermarket, or you can use a sweet sherry if you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and don't have that option

also to make it all yellow and spongy like it's supposed to be keep it on the lowest heat possible and make sure to oil the pan with a brush or a paper towel in between each layer like you're making pancakes or some shit

The trick to French omelettes is cooking them quickly over stupidly high heat but tamagoyaki is the exact opposite

t. a very drunk weeb

Here you go OP.

Anyway yeah the mirin would have definitely dulled to taste a lot, the point of mirin is that it's naturally sweet, adding more sugar isn't going to have the same effect because it's a different formulation of sugars.

>made rice for the first time

I have some kine of cooking red wine thingy would that work in lue of a trip to the store?

I was patting this pig earlier today.

absolutely not, any wine labelled cooking is gonna have a fuckton of salt added to it

kindly go read an actual recipe or five before you consider anything else retarded

Did you share your oats with him?

I did not

I have a bottle of Mizkan brand Sushi Seasoning.

Would that work?

What the fuck man.

Mirin is wine, sushi seasoning is vinegar. Which might be important.

After I cook it and let it cool, if I wrap it in saran wrap how long would it stay good in the fridge for?

What kind of eggs have a bitter aftertaste?

>Would that work?

No, that's fucking vinegar.

I don't know if bitter was right. But like the aftertaste wasn't as sweet as I am normally used to when eating restaurant tamagoyaki

Holy shit I've seen that pic so many times but never this webm