This guy

>be an overrated linguist

> thinks that makes him an expert on American politics/history etc.

This guy is such a clown

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/chomskys-negative-impact-wei-li
reddit.com/r/linguistics/comments/1i1z49/is_it_true_nobody_takes_noam_chomsky_seriously_in/
youtube.com/watch?v=f3IUU59B6lw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Noam_Chomsky
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Richard_Dawkins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathography_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_and_Mannerheim_recording
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_in_popular_culture
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_family
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for the tip, Anonymous stranger. I'm positive you know what you're talking about more than he does.

by overrated do you mean one of the most cited academics of all time?
not saying he's NOT a clown but try harder next time

so because he parrots left wing jewish propaganda

that means he knows more than others

fuck off you elitist pig

>reads wiki page on chomsky

>thinks this qualifies him to call anyone overrated

This guy is such a clown

>>be an overrated linguist

are you a linguist, mate? by christ, how could you call him overrated?

I can't believe people are defending Chomsky

a man that literally denied the Khmer Rogue

because many linguists today are moving away from his theories every day...

name a few

I said I agree with you user. Thank you for your deeply insightful and totally coherent input to the conversation.

linkedin.com/pulse/chomskys-negative-impact-wei-li

reddit.com/r/linguistics/comments/1i1z49/is_it_true_nobody_takes_noam_chomsky_seriously_in/

I wouldn't say Chomsky is an "overrated" linguist, but alot of his ideas are quite divisive

he has his die hard fans and die hard detractors

many European linguists are less fond of him compared to American linguists, which I find interesting (cultural reasons perhaps?

>reddit
what happened to Veeky Forums?

these are the lil baby boi's hating on chomsky his linguistical theory, those who can't expound a theory themselves even if they were given a decade.

>another "I insist I know better than Chomsky because he's a linguist, but can't hide my bitter envy" episode

Because was to linguistics as Freud was to psychology. People move away from Fraud all the time too, buster.

answered your own question there, boyo

*sniff* I wonder who could be behind zis post and so on

w r o n g

youtube.com/watch?v=f3IUU59B6lw

yet another thread propagating ignorance about linguistics. fantastic.

look, if you don't keep up with current linguistics journals, then you're not qualified to comment on the field or chomsky's effect on it. it would be outrageous for somebody to criticize the theory of evolution when their entire understanding of evolutionary biology came from youtube videos and wikipedia pages, or maybe an intro class or two, right? that's essentially what you're doing.

>you will never be as opinionated as chomsky to merit your own wikipedia page dedicated only to your opinions on different issues

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Noam_Chomsky

he is annoying. thinks he knows everything about everything.

when snowden first came out all of a sudden a 80 yr old man became a security expert. just one example. almost as annoying as musk, "duh duh duh neural lace duh duh duh artificial intelligence duh duh duh"

What what. A challenger to the crown of pretension outside of area of expertise, and of expertise buying you enough cachet to gain audience on issues where you have a decidedly dim and simplistic understanding.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Richard_Dawkins

The public intellectual has to be a bit of a dilettante on some level.

Its better than bloggers posing as journalists (which is what they've been replaced with) who have a lot of opinions but no actual positions.

At the same time, Hitler has multiple pages on his life, personal foibles, and political views, so maybe it's not duch a great thing and is instead just a testament to how much information there is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_and_vegetarianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathography_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_and_Mannerheim_recording
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler_in_popular_culture
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_family

I'm pretty sure there's more than this too.

The way linguistics is performed in different countries is different. I think it's fair to say in the US it's more psychology and computer related, in the UK it tends more towards sociology and politics.

I decided to come back to Veeky Forums after a few months and I find this shit
>linkedin
>reddit

What the fuck is going on

It happens on contentious subjects. If you have a fascist little editor with a lot of wiki capital (i.e. """respected""") that has decided some random thing is such and such, and starts rejecting valid claims that it's actually so and so, you end up with a page with this really weird pussy footing entry about how such and such is a really good idea/view etc but also there is so and so that maybe some other people also think. Then someone will come in, talk about the wiki quality rules and split the page because the original page looks 1000 times more complicated than it should.

a little off topic but since chom is an anarchist and has written on anarchism: can someone point me to a practical blueprint for anarchist society? i understand their underlying philosophy but i have never seen anything concrete about how their society would achieve those goals and I have not looked a lot but i have looked a little and i am surprised such a thing is not easier to find

The most substantial anarchist experiment was Catalonia. They were running actual industry. Chomsky also points to Yugoslavia as a model of something arguably anarchist, it was majorly run on localism.

Oh, and obviously kibbutzes

catalonia, right! but where could I read on the details of the operation? i am curious about the specifics

Last time I looked into it (and that was a while back looking at the relationship with the USSR) I had to go back to anarchist pamphlets and periodicals in archives. So I don't know how well that's been covered tbqh.

dang nabbit, you'd think this would be something people (anarchists) would be more interested in
thanks anyway

What the fuck is this logic you are shooting out of your asshole

That doesn't sound like what Yugoslavia was like at all.

he isn't over rated

he doesn't cite his professional work to back up or justify his political writings, he rejects others efforts to try to link the two

2/10 strawman

>cultural reasons
Chomsky has zero tolerance for post modernism in science which they all love
and there was the Faurissian Affair which consisted largely of the French going ballistic

this happened so often with scientologists that they banned them

Yugoslavia was necessarily built on local organization, it would have been impossible to enforce a top down approach for a number of reasons that stranac wouldn't know shit about and would take too long to explain.

By all means make believe that Yugoslavia was USSR if it makes you happy though.

Know-it-all Noam

>The most substantial anarchist experiment was Catalonia. They were running actual industry.

You can make a pretty good argument for them not being anarchist at all.

Running around calling people friend and ally doesn't abolish private property, nor does it abolish the state.

When I read Homage to Catalonia, it sounded more like they were LARPing more than anything substantial.

wtf i hate chomsky now xD

T. David horowitz

Chomsky is BY FAR the most insightful Western Linguist.

>left wing jewish propaganda
where the fuck has this meme come from?
its such an oxymoron, israel is one of the most prevalent right wing forces in the world today, how the fuck do they have left wing propaganda.
pol is retarded

Kek

There's nothing overrated about Chomsky's linguistic work.