Is 'just the tip' the greatest example of synechdoche?

Is 'just the tip' the greatest example of synechdoche?

no next

Yes, my husbands daughter loves to have sex with icebergs

> with icebergs
>(jews in the ice business)

Hahaha nice

That's not synecdoche at all. The tip is not a symbolic stand-in for the entire penis, it's literally suggesting only a part instead of the whole.

Is heterological an autological word or heterological?

I think it's more of a metonym, senpai.

You dumbass, the substitution of a part for a whole is literally what synecdoche is: pars pro toto.

You're wrong on two counts. First, metonymy is a supercategory of synecdoche anyway, so any synecdoche is ipso facto metonymy. Second, synecdoche is by definition the subsubstitution of a part for a whole, in this case the tip of the penis for the phallus proper, so OP is correct in calling it synecdochic anyway.

*substitution not subsubstitution

Exactly dumbass. The point of "just the tip" is NOT using a part to represent a whole. It's intentionally rejecting the whole.

>substitution of ... the tip of the penis for the phallus proper
No, that is not what this phrase means. It literally means just the tip. It couldn't be any more clear in fact.

Let me guess... Polish or a nigger? The phrase is naturally synecdochic because the tip represents the penis. The saying of "just the tip" carries the natural implication, "...and not the rest of the penis," which penis remnant is the totum for which the tip/pars stands.

>Let me guess... Polish or a nigger?
No, not that it matters
>the tip represents the penis
No it doesn't. This is my point you don't seem to comprehend. In context, when someone says "just the tip", they're explicitly differentiating the tip from the whole penis. As in, a guy trying to get a girl to let him put in "just the tip" instead of the whole thing. To suggest that the tip is representing the whole completely undercuts the meaning and purpose of the phrase.

You illiterate barbarian. What do you think the phrase refers to? The tip... of a penis! Without the synecdoche the tip could literally refer to the tip of an iceberg for all the listener knows; it's specifically because of the synecdochic allusion to the penis that the phrase even has the sense it does.

something about this thread reads strangely surreal. Idk what it is. I feel like maybe it was just one guy argueing with himself for most of it

is this advanced bait or are you retarded? (not the guy you've been arguing with)

It was in fact advanced bait

This was a fun thread. Nice job, guys. Treat yourselves to a Hi-C.

Synecdoche is a part ~symbolically~ representing a whole. As in the phrase "all hands on deck", the "hands" are a symbol for crewmen. It's not a literal call for disembodied hands to come on deck. If I said, "I drive a stick," I'm not saying I literally drive a gear shifter and only the gear shifter. The stick is a symbolic representation of the whole car.

"Just the tip" is exactly the opposite. It literally means JUST the tip. Not the entire penis. Of course we all know it's referring to the tip of a penis and not an iceberg.

This fellow is right. The phrase works as a pun for synecdoche, but taken literally is not synecdochic in nature. That fact that the phrase is allusive and requires exterior knowledge to understand does not obtain.

i can appreciate a fellow masturbaiter :)

When you refer to just the tip of the penis, you obviusly mean, the whole penis. And but so she know knows too. It's a ritual, for men, to take the blame for sex, so the women aren't seen as such

>And but so
wew lad