Why is scrapple the best breakfast meat?

Why is scrapple the best breakfast meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush
youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0nKSWzAmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can't spell scrapple without crap

fpbp

>LE EPIC FPBP MAYMAY OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL XDDDDDDDDD

>Being this butthurt

pls stop.

Scrapple is good.

It isn't.

>be le me
>go to the epic le the for chong
>see someone else using le epic le meme
A winner is you!

Go back to Delaware OP.

Because you grew up poor. Or whoever cooked breakfast for you as a kid grew up poor.

you're just as bad as he is.

Why not make your own goetta?

because you haven't had good pemmican

it looks like spam but even worse than spam

fpbp

It looks like a can of spam caught an STD.

Is that really a food?

scrapple is the dankest

t. delaware resident

It would be the best if you had literally no other option and you're destitute. I can't even think of anything more vile than meat scraps put through a meat grinder and virtually emmulsified with leftover fat.

For peasants yes.

pork roll is better

It's New Jersey garbage.

I'd honestly rather eat Spam for breakfast.

I prefer Liver mush over scrapple

Were those just a bunch of nonsense words or is that actually something?

>not goetta
shit thread

Livermush is a thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

or apple

Hell yeah man, just moved to northern Kentucky from California and had never heard it tried it. I fucking live it now especially gliers hot goetta

I like it. Reminds me of sausage stuffing on thanksgiving. I had scapple and eggs and enjoyed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0nKSWzAmM

I knew the person who had the first CJD in Florida. I am, thus, a little squeamish about enjoyable things like mass produced sausage or the kind you'd get in a cheap diner, no matter how tasty....I take a pass.

Occasionally, you will find some amazing craft butcher or high end restaurant who has it offered with kind of a thought that it was small batch and very well controlled in that selection of pieces and parts :P You could also make your own! Is it something to be laughed at as "cheap" poor people food? No, I think of it more like an old school tradition that is traced back to european immigrants.

I like scrapple for the fact it has the crispiness of cornmeal and flour both. It gets the best texture. Goetta has a creaminess inside from oat starch that reminds me more of white or black pudding in england, a bit too soft for me, though likely preferred for that same reason by others. Liver mush is delicious because I love liver and has the crispiness of the cornmeal for that delicate lacey edge, but you can't deepen the crust without burning liver. Simply said, you can take scrapple one more level of crispy surface.

Last time I had scrapple was on a "Chef's special" charcuterie and raw cheese board at Liberty Tavern in Arlington on a random night. This was a couple of years ago. There was a selection of fruit mostardas on the side, and I was downing some great quantities of barbera and, you know how it is, that level of intoxication where every bite tastes more heavenly than before...it was great. I almost ordered a second board, but had so much more ordered (celebrating something). That chef always had some random finds from local sourced stuff on offering, smoked their own sausages and salmon and such. Safe as you could get when your inhibitions are low ;)