Is mathematics just an extension of philosophy /sci? I'm totally disturbed by that

Is mathematics just an extension of philosophy /sci? I'm totally disturbed by that.

Why?

no

most philosophy is not axiomatic at all

mathematics is an extension of philosophy in the sense that it is an advanced version of analytic philosophy, proof of this is that most medieval and ancient mathematical texts pretty much read like analytic philosophy texts today (in that they reason with language, but attempting to be as precise as possible)

no they are both an extension of logic

What? For example, Austrian Economics and Praxeology are 100% axiomatic, do you think they are an extension of mathematics?

motherfucka everything is philosophy

math music politics art astrology and all dat shit

theres literally no limits

but thats exactly what people do today they just use more abstracted notation and still use language to explain their argument

Art is philosophical yet
Art just is~

Philosophy is the parent subject of the STEM subsubjects.

Explain why it is a subject and not the principal foundation of mathematics

Because of semantics.

What did you just say about da Jews?

S-SHUT IT D-DOWN!

It is an extension of logic

No, it is logic, however instead of using words as in the philosophical school of logic, we use symbols.

philosophical logic uses symbols as well

Really? That's interesting, I might start studying logic-logic out of interest.

try 'the logic manual'

If there are no limits, then how do you explain continuity?

Thank you, user.

In the sense that both mathematics and philosophy are a study of the "possible", and idealizations, yes.

Science is a study of the "actual".

Philosophy is a series of ideas of how the world might work. Logic, math, science, religion, postmodernism are some of those ideas.

So philosophers started doing something fairly recently that mathematicians had been doing long before, and somehow that makes mathematics a subset of philosophy?

You've got it backwards.

There are limits they just get over them

All sciences are just improved elaborate pattern recognitions

Isn't religion philosophy or is it a bunch of bullshit that doesn't exist? I'm thinking the latter.