What foreign tools/equipment have you embraced?

What foreign tools/equipment have you embraced?

Last week, I got an electric kettle. It is amazing and I'm not sure how I survived so long without it. Thanks, Brits.

My family immigrated with 2 Japanese kettles that keep water almost boiling hot at all times. I love the simplicity of Western kettles but none of them have this feature.

Since when is an electric teapot "foreign"?

I love my Norwegian egg slicer.

Memes

Most Americans heat their water underneath electrified coils.

they use a shit ton of electricity

But they're fast so it's like a short burst.

Actually most americans just microwave their water.

I used to do it too until I bought a kettle to make coffee every day.
>tfw 3 minutes to heat water

Haha ocean dweller, my 6 cups of water BOILS in 3 minutes at 12,000ft.

Take that coastie!

(This is the only bonus to living in the mountains with hillbillies, excluding cheap beer and smokes)

>Actually most americans just microwave their water
this is why many uneducated Europeans make statements about "most Americans"; because similarly uneducated Americans rationalize their poor lifestyle choices with the false claim that most of America's 330 million people are just like them

it's like how some people in the UK think everyone washes dishes without rinsing the soap off

Tell me where in the US you can possible live at 12,000ft.

>microwave water

Kys, no one does this.

I guess a rice cooker if that counts. Best 30 bucks I ever spent next to my slowcooker. Swiss chef knife? Spend the 50+ and get a good chef knife.

Same here it was great. Same model as well.

I didn't know that was "foreign". My family is German in burgerland and we always had one.

One of these.
No more stinky garlic fingers for me. Also, I don't like jarred garlic.

These bitches right here. Still keep some butter in the fridge for baking recipes that require cold butter, but this thing fucking kills for table usage. Room temp butter spreads like a dream and tastes better than that spreadable margarine stuff.

I meant 1200 sorry.

>Actually most americans just microwave their water.
What the fuck? No?

Bjorklund cheese plane

Uh, I dont't know about that. The only person I ever saw microwaving water was an aussie living here.

>Room temperature
So, rock hard?

Because it's incredibly wasteful?

How the fuck do you think heat works, exactly

What type of butter is rock hard at room temperature? Are you an Inuit living in an Iglu?

Worse
British

Plastic (BPA free) or metal kettle?

Haven't been to the UK for a while but I don't remember the butter being particularly different. But you could buy Irish butter instead.

Why would we buy Irish butter? English butter has the same standard fat content.

I always found it rather amusing that americans idolize irish butter when it's nothing special here.

>water butter

I've only used a microwave to heat milk, I have a kettle for water.

Why can't milk be heated in the kettle too?

Burger here, but I've embraced:
Chinese cleaver
Rice cooker
Moka pot

You are not disagreeing with him.

I love cutting camembert with it ;)