Do you ever go to restaurants alone?

Do you ever go to restaurants alone?

100% of the time.
What's your point, get on with it, some of us are literally autistic and hate human beings.

yeah, I really enjoy it; read a book or listen to a podcast, be confident. Lots of people travel alone for business, and lots of people enjoy solitude.

I do when I travel because I travel alone. However for some reason I'm too autistic and insecure to do it in my home country.

Yes, I have little friends who enjoy going out to eat at a restaurant. Many of the people I know from for example my old university are all struggling with cash and paying back student loans, which I finished in the 1,5 years after graduating. So it is either not eat out at all and cook at home or actually go.

To miss out on all kinds of outdoor activities just cause you're alone is a stupid thing to do and thinking it is a sad thing to do so alone is equally as stupid.

I like to go to a local sushi joint alone sometimes. Get a roll, some eel and a bigass Sapporo can while catching up on emails and news. Relaxing and I enjoy chatting with some of the staff there. Doing this also helped me get into a thing with one of the waitresses who was a weeby cosplayer for one summer, so that was nice.

Like most of the posters in here, I'll gladly go places alone. Especially for breakfast. I like to get there before most of the crowd comes out, and stay for a long time drinking coffee as taking my time. Usually reading the paper or articles on the net.

Only if it has a bar. If the bar is full, I just leave.

Yeah, usually I bring a laptop or something so it looks like I'm working

I don't go to restaurants because I hate tipping

oh god. i saw a bunch of people on their laptops at a cafe/coffee shop last night. literal autism.

>i totally enjoy being alone. i'm not lonely
I go to restaurants alone too, but yeah I feel fucking bad surrounded by a bunch of people in groups, yukking it up. It's not so bad when a place isn't busy though, or there are other singles

>helped me get into a thing with one of the waitresses who was a weeby cosplayer for one summer, so that was nice
haha. cool

Last time I went to a finer restaurant alone about 80% of the customers were alone but then again I live in Finland.

Then I went to the pub next door to drink with friends because I'm not a pathetic loser lol.

>Finland
Oh, shit. I just bought this t shirt from a thrift store in NJ
Explain yourself, Finland

Not too often, but because I like cooking at home. Last time it was my birthday and I decided to go out to a joint that had live blues and steak/seafood. Spent a good chunk of change on myself. Chef came out to ask me how my food was. Good time. Felt like a king.

Sometimes. If I'm out somewhere wandering around on my own, I'll grab meals alone as well. Nobody seems to really care. I'm polite to the staff, I don't make a mess, I don't tie up the table for hours.

You went to a restaurant alone on your birthday? I'm a 27 yo kv but that makes me sad

If I do I always eat at the bar instead of getting a table at the bar. Gives the the opportunity to make small talk with the people next to me as well as the bartender.

About 50% of the time, but that's mostly because i like to eat lunch out.

Yes I work away from home quite a bit and I can't exactly go grocery shopping and cook in a hotel room

sure, but if i'm alone i'll sit at the bar

Of course. Asking for the wi-fi password counts as interaction?

Not really, though i will ofc go into chain ones.
One of the perks of getting a gf is that you can drag them to all these niche places and not look like a weirdo

I'm 40 and no virgin and I've spent my birthdays alone for as long as I can remember. I do different things. But it' a good day to have a good meal, good drink. Maybe a cigar. At some point go out and have a walk and sit somewhere and watch the world go by. So many other days are for other people. It's nice to have a day, or several days through out the year where you can just not be "on" for everyone and do what you want and enjoy the silence. Maybe you like being with friends and family during your birthday. To me family means obligation, friends are ok, but what I love is not giving a fuck and being alone some times.

>literal autism

Hahahaha what?

I do everything alone.