When will we establish colonies/mines/anything on the Moon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CNPKXfb3rws
nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/1038.html
scientificamerican.com/article/how-does-spending-prolong/
blogs.nasa.gov/ISS_Science_Blog/2016/05/04/studying-cardiovascular-health-in-microgravity/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20624055
youtube.com/watch?v=1B488z1MmaA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the world decides that it's important enough to do so

So probably not anytime soon

Tuesday

>When the world decides that it's important enough to do so
>the world
More like when China decides it's important enough to do so.

2050 at the earliest.
No, it just has to be cheap enough. If it was very cheap you could make a moon colony based on tourism and science.

>colonies
>0.16g

JELLO BABIES!
JELLO BABIES!
JELLO BABIES!

Silly human, us robots will colonize the Moon. You humans will have to stick to space colonies built from materials we supply.

JOHN MADDEN

China's economy is continuously in the shitter so I doubt they'd be able to do it

aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou

Centrifugal incubators aboard circular maglev high-speed railways.

Is China "we"?

holla holla get $

The first step would be to land on the moon and nobody has done that yet.

When its economically feasible to start utilising the moon's resources

youtube.com/watch?v=CNPKXfb3rws

assuming trump gets his way, 2027

what? yeah they have, the americans have landed there five? times I think.

When it's actually profitable to do so.

4reals? Wtf, i love Trump now

That's the biggest retarded waste of resources and energy you can come up with as a solution.

Just make a space station that rotates instead. Also, they'd need to spend their entire lives on it. You can only withstand microgravity for a couple years before shit gets wrecked in your body. VIIP alone is a problem and it starts in only 6 months. Humanity isn't meant to be in microgravity. We need to develop artificial gravity via spinning or we will never be able to do anything long term.

DA DADA DA, DADA DAAAAA

DA DA DA DAAAA, DAAA DADADA DAAAA

who says babies and children will be living in moon colonies?
they'll grow up either on earth or in centrifuge stations, no the moon is for adults only

>us robots
oh fuck
they know how to do captcha now

Six times -- Apollo missions 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17

Too fucking obvious, mate. You are clearly not a master baiter.

>You can only withstand microgravity for a couple years before shit gets wrecked in your body.

Interesting fact puled entirely out of your ass.

>the moon is for adults only

You have my attention...

COMMAND ERROR IN PHONEME

When people come off the space station they need months of rehab. I don't care though, there are enough people down here, enough volunteers, we should begin ejecting many people off the planet ASAP. Send many to the moon and sooner or later a few will stick and they can become metaphorical Adams and Eves. Go forth and populate the moon...fucking space people.

nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/1038.html
scientificamerican.com/article/how-does-spending-prolong/
blogs.nasa.gov/ISS_Science_Blog/2016/05/04/studying-cardiovascular-health-in-microgravity/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20624055

On and on.

lets play some tetris motherfucker

DOOO DO DO DOOO DO DO DOOOOO

>Tfw we haven't been back since December of 1972
I'm really hoping to see some new lunar architectures from either Boeing or Spacex, ITS could easily do it, they just need to prove Reuse works and master In orbit refueling. but then again its a paper rocket with no actual hardware or infrastructure built yet.

SLS has definitely got me interested, people always shit on block IB but 105 tons to LEO is still no small task. I don't like trumps plan on making the first test flight manned though, I'd only really be comfortable with it if NASA did an In flight abort test before the test flight in 2019 (Fucking slipped again) and if they swapped out the inert LES on the test flight.

they actually are doing an inflight abort test

>2050
If US presidents were limited to 1 term, maybe. The way things are looking now, early 2020s is more likely.

I just want them to build some international moon base or SOMETHING, fuck.

If a collision from an asteroid occurs, which leads to the loss of life in the order of say 50-100M people; that will collectively force the hand of nations across the planet to start putting colonies on the moon, on Mars, and in the asteroid belt.

This I do not care what they build, just for the love of God build something already!

We haven't fucking left LEO for over 45 years

B-but if w-we build it now, it will be under Drumpf! Fuck space, we can't let the opposing political party get any good rap. #IFLScience

I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER A PIZZA
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
ONE PIZZA PLEASE
NO
WHY
BECAUSE YOU ARE JOHN MADDEN

>who says babies and children will be living in moon colonies?

The word "colony" means you are living there and raising a family there 24/7. If it was just a "base" then you can get away with a staff of adults who are on duty rotation for a few months/year at a time.

>LEO
Try GTO faggot

soon but not now, we still need to discover cheaper ways of creating energy

Why would we do that? We still have niggers to give money to.

Now THIS is lunar colonization

youtube.com/watch?v=1B488z1MmaA

whenever it is economically profitable to do so and not a second before

ask me tomorrow