Idk desu but The Sorrows of Young Werther is about unrequited love desu

There's no such things as leagues, you're making up excuses

Infinite Jest, should be heavy enough to skull yourself with

>having female friends

Cuck.

Yes there is, go outside.

Story of the Eye, Bataille

The Ego and its Own

It could be possible, user. I fell in love with my bestfriend, and it turned out that she felt the same way. I'm still in love with her to this day. She won't speak to me though because I called her a cunt while drunk.

How long has it been since then? Do you lose sleep over it?

I'm in the same position except she's also a slut. It's actually emotionally devastating every single day

>go outside

>what I see
>every individual person has their own amorphous perspectives of their attraction towards other individual people based on a multifacted array of different forms of value that change at any given time as they see the person in different lights and depths

>what I don't see
>abstracted rigid atemporal tiered single axis medians of discreet attractive utils somehow floating around space

Really gets the noggin joggin

Mine friend looks all saint but she is kind of a slut too sometimes
JUST

Justine by Sade.

Holy fuck just tell her you love her and want to make love to her. If she starts spouting crap like "i think of you like a brother" or "i dont want to ruin this friendship". Then she's basically saying you're ugly. She'd feel the same way if you truly were best friends. Just drop her, it's only going to hurt even more when she gets a boyfriend. You're just being insecure. I'm a khv so I can't relate at all. But I know that if I actually liked a girl enough to be in love with her, then I'd tell her . If she rejects you move the fuck on. Only shallow assholes fall for the leagues meme.

If she truly doesn't feel the same then she isn't your best friend. Best friend means she would want to spend everyday with you. Or she may be conflicted because she's not attracted to you physically, then just break up the relationship. If she truly felt the same then her attraction to your person would trump your physical.

Just fucking tell her straight and stop being a little bitch. Worse comes to worse she says no. THEN FUCKING END THE RELATIONSHIP. DO NOT HOPE ONE DAY SHE'LL CHANGE HER MIND. FUCKING TEXT HER NOW! CALL HER! MOTHERFUCKER GO TO HER HOUSE AND GET A FUCKING ANSWER!

Almost a year now. And I wouldn't say that I lose sleep but that's only because I'm a degenerate alcoholic that drinks himself to sleep every night. I've recently thought about trying to get in touch with her. If I don't do so now, she may forget I ever existed. She once told me that I'm the only person she'd want to share her genes with to make a baby. I'd do anything to give her a child and provide for her until I die. Do you think I should go for it?

This, but unironically.

My diary, Baka

stop being a little pussy bitch. move the fuck on

>trump
maga

>I'm a khv
Stopped reading there.

I've thought the same thing. The only problem is that it's not like I can't/won't look for someone else. I'm literally fucking weird. I hate almost everyone the moment I meet them. She was one of the very few exceptions to that. That's why I'm hung up on her.

Good post.

The Sorrows of Young Werther is a bit of meme on this subject but honestly, it's really, really good. The translation called 'The Sufferings of Young Werther' is the best. Goethe's descriptions of obsession are so poignant and accurate that they don't feel as though they've aged at all.

>tfw in love with best friend
>tfw he is a self-centered underground man
Books for this feel?

I'm serious

shes not gonna say yes if you dont ask her

Crime and Penisment, unironically.

I have no friends, women scare the shit out of me.

>just tell her
This never works

Never?

then stay a cuck lmao

Never
Telling them directly will always leave to staying cucked, my cuck

>tfw you have a gf for 4 years and you love her
>but all of the sudden you feel this fucking unstoppable attraction towards a girl you barely know and whenever she talks to you irl or on facebook you jizz your pants like an underage loser
What do? Books on this? I'm not used to feeling so bad about feeling so good.

This, fuck his sister.

>This never works

There's 2 things that can happen. Either she reciprocates, or she says she isn't interested.

This is literally like every other situation where women and men are concerned, so yes, it does work, or people wouldn't be together.

Werther my nigga

Erich Fromm's The Fear of Freedom (in Burgerstan it's called 'Escape to Freedom') helped me understand what so-called 'unrequited love' really is. Fromm argues that existential angst is the result of being scared of the self's ability to make choices, and so many people prefer to submit themselves to some form of authority to sublimate the self and not have to bear the burden of authentic freedom. For some people it's an authoritarian ideology with absolutely concrete truths and falsehoods that has no dialectical change or criticism applied to it, for others it's forming an obsessive attachment to a person. Love is not an emotion - it is a process; a state of being. Love is only ever mutual. 'Unrequited love' is referred to as a 'masochistic obsessive secondary bond' - the subject stakes their entire self on another person, sublimating their own mind, independence and capacity to make choices in a bid to resolve the anxiety that comes with facing the reality of the Absurd. One never loves someone - rather, one is IN love with someone.

No no, you see you have to keep defensive and non-committal around her forever and if you're a Chad she'll magically start fucking you or else you're a cuck

You obviously don't love your GF, if you are attracted to someone else.

>Love = attraction
Bye

That's ridiculous, it's impossible to not be attracted to a good looking woman. What a man who loves his gf will do is to understand that his gf is the only one he needs and suppress this infatuation.

You sound like you're 16

>That's ridiculous, it's impossible to not be attracted to a good looking woman.

Of course, but that's not what I was talking about. If you actually want to fuck other people, or be in a relationship with them, then you should tell your GF about it and stop being a liar.

since this is a feels thread
>tfw friend of all but a friend to none

>desire is a 2 dimensional plane where everything is black and white and contradictions never occur

here too bro

a hundred acquaintances but not a single friend

Books for this feel?

How did you get that out of my post?

>If you actually want to fuck other people, or be in a relationship with them
Two entirely different things.
If you want to fuck other people, but are a sensible individual, you will silently resist these urges, because you understand the value of your relationship that goes way over basic carnal desires.
If you want to be in a relationship with other people, you tell your gf about it and break up.

>because you understand the value of your relationship that goes way over basic carnal desires.

But does it?

No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai
Voss by Patrick White
Taipei by Tao Lin (ino meme but it's true)
Nights of Chile by Roberto Bolano

No idea how to solve it. Never had an only friend who I can rely on to speak to and go out with

Kafka

If it wouldn't, I would already fuck that other girl.

If you feel like they are not your friends, why do you continue hanging out with them?

If it didn't*
Looks like I'm illiterate.

Good for you then, you're probably one in a million in this nihilistic culture.

Im an ugly mentally ill NEET weirdo and she is a pretty student girl who goes to the best uni in my country
Are you really sure leagues arent a thing?

better that than loneliness mate

You are already alone...

Looks like you don't know what's it like being alone if you don't see the difference, mate. I understand that user completely.

Already did. Feeling like Sonya for almost a year desu

Read Werther some years ago

Interesting insight on Fromm, I'll check that book. Thanks user

you did manage to become her friend you leech so reconsider, maybe she likes whiny manchildren?

We have been friends since HS

alone perhaps on my own. Since I can't tackle the problem and have no way of doing it mechanically, I must do something to at least alleviate it. Why would I give up the many who do speak to me to have nobody?

I'm OP of the 'all acquaintances' comment and same here. I've only had one close friend and I ruined that by becoming attracted to them. As for this, I've been an opiate addict and I'm still a heavy drinker. Being around anyone is better than another evening alone.

cliff pls go

Stanhope's "Digging Up Mother". He dated a Hollywood celebrity whose ex-bf was the prince of Monaco. You might imagine how that turned out.

hello me.

>Why would I give up the many who do speak to me to have nobody?
Because they are not your friends, as you said yourself and whatever you feel with them, is not the real thing, just a substitute.

yeah, i was in a situation like that.
it's basically being cucked. get some drugs to go alongside the feeling in the pit of your stomach when you think of her, and you'll write the greatest poetry of your life. anyway, that phase of my life is over, learned how to flirt, found somebody, made love, not just sex, talk about stuff all the time, supportive of each other, all the things i actually wanted. Not some gutterslut who is truly trash and unworthy of me, truly and absolutely unworthy.

I guess so. Then what? No chance at all to make friends. I prefer a substitute to nothing frankly. It stops me being depressed.

You still haven't answered his question

On Women by Schoppy
Take the redpill, kill minorities

sounds like it doesn't. It doesn't in my case. There's the temporary relief that comes from just being around other people and talking to them and drinking, but it's a fleeting palliative.

"things will change one day meme"

Schopenhauer, the Moonman of philosophy

You're right. But whatever. I survive and I work. I guess I'll wait for a wife that'll never come.

How that turned out? He got cucked?

Paper Towns by John Green
Looking for Alaska would do as well.

The Catcher in the Rye, particularly the part where he rapes his sister, Phoebe.

"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald

just redpill yourself fag

Martin Eden