How can STEMcucks even compete?

How can STEMcucks even compete?

Um... By actually being useful to the world?

>Posting on the internet
>Having contempt for STEM
Pick one and only one.

Being gainfully employed

By creating almost every form of written communication ever made.

The only correct answer

By having Nobel prizes

STEMfags are literally the slaves of the modern world. They work non-stop about the technical things while the privileged elite reads classic literature and appreciate finer things in life. I feel sorry for them. They're intellectually way inferior.

This capitalist shit has to stop

Whatever keeps you from buying your helium tank.

>tfw no money for the helium tank

Stay mad, commie.

butthurt stemcuck detected
you guys are essential to this world but one should never mistake the gears of the engine for the driver of the car

But what about me?

t. utilitarian faggot

You don't see STEMfags levitating cats, now do you?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

ITT: people who can't do math

Only mentally crippled people (and college students) promote this dichotomy.

>one should never mistake the gears of the engine for the guy on the side of the road screaming "cars are stupid!"

>dedicate most of your life to study your field
>get employed by one of the most well-known companies in the world
>work with all your energy
>get excited thinking you are literally breaking new grounds in technology
>the result: an overpriced phone with a slightly better camera than the previous one, assembled by miserable kids in Bangladesh, bought mostly by boring people so they can show it off on Facebook
>but at least you're useful to the world

>ITT: brainlets

yeah man, that hazelnut scented dog shampoo is surely going to make the world a better place.

You are right where you belong

Are you this dumb?

The most accomplished literary scholar/writer will not contribute to society as much as the most accomplished math scholar.

You mean like Aristotle?

by having money

>b-but i'm a "successful" 99%er proffessor
okay

He was a proto-scientist.

Fuck you.

No, he was the founder of logic, a concept introduced to society because of philosophy, and without which science would never have accomplished anything

how do I into math

There were no distinctions at that time, however, philosophy and mathematics are a bit more clearly defined and mathematics has clearly done more for the world with logic than philosophy has. If Aristotle were still around today I imagine he would be more engaged and enamored with math and the natural sciences rather than any of the humanities.

*A bit more clearly defined now

>I imagine he would be more engaged and enamored with math and the natural sciences rather than any of the humanities.

Maybe, maybe not, but this is not what we're talking about. You stated that math contributed more to society than literature. I'm simply pointing out your statement to be a hierarchical fallacy, since the fact that you can be a scholar in anything in the first place is because of literature. Without literature there can be no tradition, no knowledge of history. Literature is the only tool with which mankind can rationalise, transmit and interpret language through time. Without literature, language is either lost or its progress halted. Literature is literally the only reason mankind has progressed from living in caves.

Answer this
2 + 2 = ?

this.

uhh check mate litfags.

Me irl

STEMcucks are the reason this discussion is happening.

>And they do it for free

Also:

>Implying the internet is not literature

With the amount of time humanities students spent being angry about STEM students, its a wonder they get anything useful or fulfilling done

oh wait

>STEM

>implying this discussion isnt cancer
Wow, thanks STEMcucks!

holy kek slavery never seemed so appealing, thank you stembots

You're stupid as fuck. Cars also come from STEM. Get off the internet if you hate STEM.

Furthermore, the privileged class isn't synonymous with being literati (most of them are stupid), neither are literati always privileged.

/thread

Tell me that's not a real ad.

Jesus christ that's dystopian. Truly horific

The humanities are a total joke, there is no escape

Have fun!

Alright, the fuck does 'STEM' mean? Like 'patrician', I've only ever heard it used on Veeky Forums.

underrated

>literature is the only reason mankind progressed

You're wrong. We know from example that Inca civilization was able to develop complex stone works comparable to the Egyptians without a writing system.

You're the one with fallacies, and need to actually think a little bit before you talk bullshit and look like a dumbass again.

>it's not literature if it wasn't originally recorded in a written form

I guess the Iliad isn't literature either.

Why does it feel extremely ironic?

Also, my armchair philosophy and pretty much anyone else's completely btfos Sartre, Nietzsche and Derrida, screw you.

Fucking kek, can you be more defensive?

Science Technology Engineering Mathematics

>47% have worked when they were on vacation
>mfw

Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Or something along the lines.

Senpai patrician is a most patrician word, of course you're only seeing it on Veeky Forums

kek, attacking me to fulfill your own ego while implying I'm attacking the post to assist my own
>completely autistic

Plus trying to 'btfo' other philosophies is a very immature position.

>people taking things to seriosuly

Please tell me this is a parody.

The Incas got rekt and shrekt by a handful of drunk Spanish rednecks.

Missing the point: the post

>a bunch of drunk spanish rednecks
*a few drunk spanish rednecks with a ridiculous numeric disadvantage

Truly a mental illness.

user read my post again and see your mistake.

Huh, well sounds like STEM are admirable fields to get into. Don't know why Veeky Forums hates them.

because the spaniards had better technology

They might look admirable but it's actually lowbrow as fuck. We don't want lowbrow stuff in our board.

They aren't inherantly bad. The problem is that high schools and universities promote their "STEM programs" and create a devisive black vs white mindframe, then you get all the nerds who are really good at math and hate reading having their mindframe reinforced and attacking the humanities as "useless" as in the examples:
>Tl;dr: the dichotomy to die

We don't have to compete. STEM rendered your kind near-obsolete more than a century ago.

;)