Does anybody do mealprep?

Does anybody do mealprep?
I've wanted to do it for awhile but I can never find any example recipes to follow. Getting the portions right seems really goddamn hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/top/?sort=top&t=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Getting the portions right seems really goddamn hard.

How could it possibly be hard? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but it seems brain-dead simple to me. Pick how much you want to eat per meal. Multiply that by the number of meals your making. Prep that much.

Yeah that's why measuring cups exist.

But it's not fresh, and why would I want the same shit all week? Why don't you boil enough noodles fo two days and add stuff that keeps long enough at your workplace like dried tomatoes, cheese and prefried garlic? Of course my text just critisizes the picture.

Oh yeah, to stay in context, I do it. I have a few things at work like cans of sardines, dried tomatoes etc. to mix with my noodles for a good meal.

>at work
>sardines

your coworkers must love you

That's what you get for eating garlicky stuff the day before work.

Whoever made that image is retarded. Putting vegetables together with the protein is going to mean a soppy, soggy mess when reheated

Meal prep is great if you want to remove all the joy from your lunch break tues-fri

why the fuck would you eat the same thing several days in a row...at that point might as well just buy microwave meals

I've never had any problems. If anything it gets a little dry.

>100-120g of rice per person
>one salmon
>some greens
>put that shit in a glass tupperware
>goddamn hard

reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/top/?sort=top&t=all

you're welcome, OP

Been there already. It's just a bunch of people posting pictures with no information about anything.

Because I have autism.

>raw cauliflower and fish

> cauliflower

the vastest information library ever is at your fingertips

and you're unable to find the information required to do some meal prep

jesus

I contemplated meal prepping for about a minuye, and realized if you were going to live like that, you might as well just buy soylent. That said on Sundays I try to make 2 meals, so I can have half of meal a for dinner, half of meal b for lunch on monday, making something new, eat meal a leftovers for lunch on Tuesday and force myself to eat the last of meal b on Tuesday night, and then the momentum keeps me from buying lunch every day at work.

>you might as well just buy soylent

how do you figure.

it's better.

He thinks if he doesn't have the option to eat a mcchicken every day it's the same as drinking a flavorless meal replacer

>eating 4 day old food

no

okay there, richie rich.

But what if you've prepped something, but decide to grab a burger or pizza on the way home? Are you supposed to eat both?

You don't decide to grab a burger on the way home. You skip the bullshit, you go home, and you eat what you made.

Eh, getting the portions right isn't that hard. I always just kept it simple with seasoning on the chicken breast and would change up the sauce I put on it. For veggies I just tried to keep a variety of plain frozen steam-in-bag veggies in the freezer so I could mix it up during the week.

Unless you want to cook multiple meals on Sunday you pretty much just have to accept that it's going to get repetitive by Thursday or Friday.

>4 day old salmon
gross
Fish leftovers should be eaten the day after.
At least he overcooked it so it will stay a little better.

I eat a lot of stuff reheated/etc. and I know it's not fresh anymore, but I don't have the time or energy to cook every day, nor the money to go out for food very often. I find cooking in volume and storing away for later is what keeps me going.

Jesus christ I can hear the fat in your words alone.