Other urls found in this thread:

thezoepost.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=L8FpnM0NlXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Favourite book
>Harry Potter

ALL THE FUCKING TIME

>actively searching for a well read girlfriend
Literally only something a beta male would do. Fucking idiot. Is she your friend or your girlfriend? Then what the fuck does it matter what she reads?

This right here.

You wouldn't worry whether your friends are cute, don't worry if cuties are smart or fun to talk to. (they never are, or if they are, they're insane)

I think it's more the false persona that aggravates tho.

Like bitch, just be honest and say you like watching popular tv shows, painting your nails, wearing clothes, and passive aggressively bitching about your social circle like every other female out there.

Don't try to pull the "I'm not like the other girls " game, it doesn't work on men with any experience.

>jokes on you for expecting honesty on fucking tinder tho, OP

>pop culture is popular

triggered af by this post senpai

>frogposter
>getting a match

Nice try

This. Also since girls adapt to the guys they're with you can easily make her more Veeky Forums. Girls don't really have personalities so just teach her and get her in the right direction.

Post tits or GFO.

We've all been there user. The only girl I've ever met who liked even halfway decent stuff (she was into Umberto Eco and Tom Waits which isn't the best but isn't bad) was a superprentious feminazi

>wearing clothes
Fucking women. I'll tell ya.

Two qt's that work at the bookshop have started a chat with me about actual literature before

It was quite odd. I was posting on here in a thread about females not understanding Hemingway, went to the bookshop to buy for whom the bell tolls and she was a huge Hemingway fan

>inb4 Hemingway is shit

>Hemingway
>actual literature

lol are you American?

I think Hemingway is definetly literature. Only numales and psueds disagree. Not the epitome of literature but discounting him because he was a wank ain't the thing to do. His unique approach to minimalism has definetly had a positive impact on literature

I was mainly referring to a conversation about Kafka

I NEED MY ECHO CHAMBER SOMEONE CHANGE MY DIAPER FOR ME WHERE CAN I CASH IN MY GBP FOR MORE OF MUH CLASSIC LITERATURE-DESU.

I live with a woman who enjoys Disney movies and reads things I wouldn't even consider opening but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy her company and it certainly doesn't mean I don't think she's smart. Stop wanting to whip your Veeky Forums dick out on your first date and learn to not be a fucking beta male shit lord.

how does it feel to sacrifice everything you are just for pussy. Enjoy going for sunday drives you faggot

It doesn't matter if she's well read, it matters if she's a warm, caring, honest and loyal person. That's it. You'll understand once you stop thinking you're hot shit because you've read half of The man without qualities, and you generally stop acting like an edgy 15yo.

>Find girl who reads
>Actually reads
> She's a fucking Feminist/SJW/Purple haired thing

A caring girl outclasses a not caring girl that reads, but a girl that posseses both is top tier.

Stendhal was right when he said the education young girls receive is trash, but he was also right when he said there is nothing worse ''qu'une femme pédante''.

High risk high reward sort of thing.

>girl says her fav book is the waves

im moving in boys watch my flank

Hemmingway*. It's spelled with two m's.

>Is she your friend or your girlfriend? Then what the fuck does it matter what she reads?

You're retarded. Compromising on your ideals for a girlfriend is the true beta move. Fuck even having a girlfriend if you can't read Gaddis to each other in the bath.

crosshairs locked in case she brings up Woolf being a woman at the turn of the century as the source of her mental instability

Should be both if you're hoping to have a remotely satisfying relationship.

>Tinder
>is an idiot
Well no shit.

The quote below comes from the Zoe Post:

>She seemed pretty cool; I didn’t talk much at first, and mostly listened as she related tales of adversities she’d overcome and how they’d shaped her as a person and fueled her determination to improve the world. I was enamored, but after a while she caught herself ranting and asked about my interests and from there we discussed all sorts of stuff from art to programming to neurology to artificial intelligence to philosophy to how the “is it a game?” argument has literally been going on for a quarter century before video games even existed. At which point she showed me a copy of Wittgenstein’s Tractatus Logico Philosophicus she carried around in her bag. Swoon — good birthday.

thezoepost.wordpress.com/

>tfw my girlfriend is better read than me and enjoys a range of classics, not just the meme lit posted here ad infinitum
However, she is over 35. I too, dated many 18-25 year olds and discovered that they are nothing but airheads. If you want quality discussion and companionship, that would be my advice. 99% of people under 30 are fucking retarded.

Do you really want someone like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=L8FpnM0NlXk

Hemingway sucks. He can't even write decent prose.

you can be smart without being pretentious

Butthurt Europoor can't spell Hemmmingway.

>go to girlfriend's house to meet her parents
>both finely educated people, very good conversationalists, well read (dad is a doctor, mom a lawyer)
>settle into girlfriend's room for the night
>examine bookshelf
brrrr
I have a hint for you bros: Just don't fucking worry about it. It's your hobby, not hers. My brother's ex was a huge pedant, the type to namedrop and ask if you've read someone, then say "Oh, he's an excellent writer!" and nothing else. Or, if you haven't read them, "You'll surely adore him," that sort of thing. Terrible.

Sometimes in your journey you cross paths with a rare specimen, the girl who is into reading quality books and can back her opinions up with the appropriate knowledge. However, these girls are as socially stunted as we are. Avoid.

>You wouldn't worry whether your friends are cute

Stopped reading right here.

> However, these girls are as socially stunted as we are.

Is that a bad thing?

That depends. Do you hold up your end of the conversation or do you unknowingly seek out other people who will do that for you? Because if you don't, and she doesn't, the relationship is like a car without an engine.

>However, these girls are as socially stunted as we are

Do they have weird fetishes? Not that I have that or anything I just notice a lot of lewd and perverse discussions on Veeky Forums, I don't take part in them ever, of course.

Nothing too out of the ordinary, I would say. They do tend to have lower self esteem than the average girl and sometimes that comes through in particular kinks of theirs. But no, I think as a rule most girls, including these, wouldn't want to be shit on.

>match with a girl on tinder with a catcher in the rye shirt
>'aye trick you looking for someone as angsty as Holden Caulfield? I got you'
>No response

>Assuming she read it
Your first mistake.

>using tinder
>to find good women
i REALLY wish they'd teach kids in school that, people today are no smarter than people thousands of years ago

>tinder existed 1000's of years ago
Literally retarded kys.

It's simple, yet effective.

Well it's not like those of us who are introverted can just go out and meet people, striking up the conversational equivalent of a 'cold call' with strangers in bars/etc.

Chances are if she was smart though she wouldn't enjoy Disney movies specifically but Bergman and Renoir instead or rosilini and read halfway decent literature

But those things don't matter of course xd

where to meet 30 y/olds

You can always end up with the Gone Girl kind of sociopaths in disguise.
Only fast way to find out is by asking her ex-partners and former friends about her.

Look for the most depressing places and you will find single 30 yo women.

>implying my partner requires sacrificing pieces of myself.

Sounds like you're projecting your failed past loves on me bud. Ive been with a Veeky Forums femanon before and it wasn't fun because everything about our relationship was intellectual dick measuring. I'd rather be with someone who isn't me because I'm willing to admit to myself that I'm a hypercritical asshole who can't enjoy simple things anymore and need someone who can be happy with less-than-perfection. Idk about you guys, but looking le perfect Veeky Forums match seems incredibly superficial to me. I don't even ask that sort of compassion for literature out of my best friends.

You ever considered that there are avenues for being intellectually valid outside or reading "decent literature"?

Or perhaps that labelling things as smart in a Platonic sense, as if they must consistently be measured against the essence of smart and not measured as individual cases, is not particularly sound reasoning, nor conducive to open-mindedness?

>the girl is not exactly like me

Oh hi, Narcissus, didn't know you post here. I'm sorry you never knew the emotion of love :(

>shes your girlfriend, not your friend
>I want a realationship with someone of lower thinking capacity so I don't get challanged intellectualy and will never grow

People who have to dick measure have small dicks.

Hemingway was a crypto-numale which is the worst kind of nu-male

Total strawman; having similar interests is pretty vital to a relationship. It's true, though, I've only dated/married people very similar to myself. I loved all of them earnestly though. Don't conflate a wholesome love of self with self-absorption, pleb.