How many of these S A D B O Y S do you recognize Veeky Forums?

How many of these S A D B O Y S do you recognize Veeky Forums?

Which authors should be added to the list in your opinion?

Kafka
Conrad
Hemingway

Great entry-level meme suggestions kiddo. What quotations of theirs are relevant to the theme?

Who is the second-to-last guy?

People shouldn't have this much free time.

Can't be bothered for the rest but there's a good sad one from Conrad:

“Faith is a myth and beliefs shift like mists on the shore; thoughts vanish; words, once pronounced, die; and the memory of yesterday is as shadowy as the hope of to-morrow.... In this world — as I have known it — we are made to suffer without the shadow of a reason, of a cause or of guilt.... There is no morality, no knowledge and no hope; there is only the consciousness of ourselves which drives us about a world that... is always but a vain and floating appearance.... A moment, a twinkling of an eye and nothing remains — but a clot of mud, of cold mud, of dead mud cast into black space, rolling around an extinguished sun. Nothing. Neither thought, nor sound, nor soul. Nothing.”

Putting deeply disturbed youth who murdered people on an image along with authors and philosophers does not turn them into such

>*objectively tips*

>Nihilism
>2016

Peter Zapffe

Cryptospiritualists are very virtuous in a way. They perceive the Divine without fully realizing, and disavow the Ego without leaving its cell. Possibly THE most humble minds.

I only recognise Lovecraft, Hitler, Schopenhauer, Landis and the Supreme Gentleman desu. Who are the rest?

Lanza*, not Landis

Lovecraft
Leopardi
Hitler
Schopenhauer
Lanza
Houellebecq
Heisman
Don't know him
Cioran
Supreme Gentleman
Zapffe
Homosexual britbong

Fuck off normie

>don't know him

MALIGNANTLY

Well he is uglier than Houellebecq, and thus I must conclude that he cannot be worth reading.

Wait, is that a young Houllebecq below Lanza?

Relatively young yeah

>young

He's at least 36 in that photo

The late 90s/early 2000s model

that's still young... i hope

Life ends at 20 bro

Of course it isn't. I mean in the context of H's authorial career then sure it's him at a young stage, but if you haven't made something of yourself by 30 at the latest then you're a lost cause, 36 should be your peak. Most good authors are published by 25.

lol, most authors don't write their masterpieces until they're 40+

LOL did I say that, kiddo?

What I said was most respected authors are published at a young age, and having been published they are then granted the time, monetary freedom and power necessary to focus on writing something more substantial later on.

You said that 36 should be an author's "peak"

#8 is Ligotti

bump

If you seriously espouse these kind of nihilist notions, shouldn't you just kill yourself?

I tried to read Ligotti and just couldn't help thinking that this guy is saying how awful life is and VHE is moral, and then these ideas are typeset, bound, have a nifty cover slapped on and are sold, with some of the profits benefiting the author?

It's like heavy metal artists swearing they're going to kill themselves onstage and they never fucking do.(pic related)

At least Lanza nutted, those other guys just edged for days and expect to be paid for it.

You're an idiot if you think expressions should represent some literal intent or relationship and not carry a form of statement and protest.
Like I can tell you to go stick a knife in your cock you autistic reddit faggot now without literally intending you to do it

>You're an idiot if you think expressions should represent some literal intent or relationship

Literal Nihilism. Words for the sake of words.

At least the Buddhists go beyond saying "life sucks and then you die" like it's some kind of big revelation.

>Literal Nihilism. Words for the sake of words.

No words for the sake of effect you fool.
When I tell my mother every morning I want to kill myself it doesn't mean I literally do, it means I feel I am in pain and my entitled to relief and sympathy.

>When I tell my mother every morning I want to kill myself it doesn't mean I literally do

Edge so sharp you could be a barber user. You'd be more useful

Has anyone ever taken a picture of Morrissey in which he hasn't looked like a smug cunt?

most people who say they want to kill themselves are really just looking for help, if you want to die, the best way to guarantee it would be to make sure no one suspects that you would commit suicide

ngl the feeling of waking up after taking a bunch of shit is one of the most amusing feelings in the world

>Which authors should be added to the list in your opinion?
My diary desu

I know all of them except the ones in color (I know eliot roger but not the other two)

why does the perspective look off?
stupid brain of mine

bump

>he hasn't read Suicide Note

You have to go back.

Supreme gentleman, Heisman and of course Hitler also killed themselves.

As did Lanza I think

He already mentioned Lanza.

Supreme Gentleman is Elliot Rodger

No I mean that mentioned Lanza.

Ah fair enough