top 5 living authors

1. William H Gass
2. Joseph Mcelroy
3. William T Vollmann
4. Joshua Cohen
5. Kazuo Ishiguro

top 5 most overrated living authors

1. Cormac McCarthy

Gass has the best prose and wild stories. McElroy is pushing the medium forward. Vollmann is more dedicated than anyone to getting it right. Cohen is ambitious, witz is a masterpiece. Ishiguro, the unconsoled.

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmoetica.com/B1251-DES879.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi Josh

Think you've made a mistake there, user, there are no women on your list.

Being ambitious isn't enough. Keep trying.

no delillo, pathetic

is mavis gallant still alive?

He has 1 good book. Libra. Add him to the 2nd overrated spot. Who else should fill out that list?

bump

>He has 1 good book
That'd still be more good books than Vollmann ever produced

Gass has the stupidest stories and his prose is white trash mediocre plus some hackneyed biblical rhythms when he wants to try and dress it up. Not going to waste my time with his longer works. The others seem to fall in the same category of worthless tryhards that pseuds use to try and make themselves seem smart with.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHA HAHA GOOD ONE HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHA

No need to get this triggered over someone using the same kind of argumentation (none) as you do.

>>He has 1 good book
>That'd still be more good books than Vollmann ever produced

Implying you've read any

>fullquoting

>no Houellebecq

fuck you, i'm taking this bait!

McCarthy is good.

Gass
mccarthy
ishiguro
pynchon
noon

Gassposter, you were missed.

he is, but the absence of Pynchon and the inclusion of Vollman the Moleman pretty much indicate that this poster garbage water for taste

also DFW pic

you sir are an imbecile, Witz is quite possibly the best book written within the last 10 years. read it and tell me what you think.

Vollman is a hack. 2 bit "muh SEA hookers" wannabe Pynchon.

krasznahorkai
?
?
?
?

>McElroy.

None of us have even read his books.

>Dalkey Arkike has the publishing rights of W&M but wont print it.

Why?

you tha real mvp

What have you read by Vollmann?

Do they really?

I remember Veeky Forums spamming some publisher a while back who had opened a mechanism of some sort for suggestions on what out of print works to revive and them getting so fed up with the Women & Men spam that they actually put a notice on their site declaring that McElroy was preventing his work from having second issues.

1. JK Rowling
2. George rr martin
3. Stephen King
4. Hillary Clinton
5. John Green

Has anyone here actually read Vollmann?

I have read the Atlas, 13 stories 13 epitaphs, Europe central and the rainbow stories. I love that he studies the shit out of the things he writes about. if your into what hes about its great. he lives that shit. he also isn't just a one trick pony. he's not all crack heads and KKK. but I'm gonna be honest I like his crack head stories. his short stories are dope. he's like a sincere Bret Easton Ellis. he isn't trying to be edgy. he just so happened to be immersed in some edgy shit in the first place. read the rainbow stories. if you don't like it try Europe central. that will give you an idea of him.

cosmoetica.com/B1251-DES879.htm

lmao

Fathers and Crows, The Dying Grass, The Royal Family, and Whores For Gloria.

Some of the wort ones

since this thread is Gass related, can we discuss what he means when he says, "consider the fascism of the heart"?