Why is the yolk from this egg I just cracked like neon orange?

Why is the yolk from this egg I just cracked like neon orange?

Other urls found in this thread:

gardenbetty.com/2013/03/how-to-get-those-delightful-dark-orange-yolks-from-your-backyard-chickens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Carotenolds

that chicken got into a patch of onions

it's a super egg
it's actually is just an indicator of the chicken's diet, and doesn't affect the egg's taste or anything at all.

Cuz it's a canned peach in syrup

Its Chinese orange chicken eggs

Orange yolks taste of egg.
Yellow yolks taste of nothing.

Orange > Yellow

the chicken had a diet rich in beta carotene is the real answer

Looks like a very fresh, trully free range egg. Notice how bulbous the yolk is? You're in for a treat. Don't fuck it up.

It might be more nutritious.
gardenbetty.com/2013/03/how-to-get-those-delightful-dark-orange-yolks-from-your-backyard-chickens/

I don't know but I had an egg with neon green whites and tossed it.

I know what you did to that chicken, you sick fuck.

Sometimes eggs are that color. I wouldn't worry about it.

>Breakfast walkers

That's the colour that yolks are supposed to be. I'm guessing you're from North America where the eggs are shit.

Higher quality eggs are usually more orange than yellow. An orange yolk is generally a good thing.

Concurr. Standard, market USAian eggs yolks are pale yellow and rubbish. Here in the UK you get free-range grain-fed one's and yolks look like that. And the taste is superb.

That's how you know the chicken was free range and ate free range food. Every free range egg I have bought is that darker color.

Are you in a different country perhaps?

When I was in Japan all the yolks were darker like what you have. It doesn't really mean anything from what I've been told.

It's also from a hen who hasn't been laying eggs very long, you can still see a few specs of blood in the yolk

>I don't know but I had an egg with neon green whites and tossed it.
You don't like green eggs and ham? You do not like them, Sam I am?

shame, it could have been a shiny chicken...

???
That's the normal colour of yolks

are they a different colour in america? Someone post an american egg, now I'm curious

Looks like a normal egg ? Does americans really eat yellow eggs?

now that's what I call a neon genesis eggvangelion

Underrated

it must be a duck egg OP. a duck a l'orange

This is how they used to look when I was growing up. Now they're pale.

eggs in the US and Canada are a weird bright yellow colour and are pretty tasteless. It's from the chooks being fed shitty feed and hormones instead of being fed a proper diet. After travelling through Canada and the US for a couple of years now literally every non-NA person I've met complains about the shit quality of the eggs and bread here.

Can still get good eggs though but have to pay out the ass for them.

It's one of Richards eggs.

This is a normal egg user.

Every non-NA person bitches about anything to do with NA because it's not "muh artisinally made $600 loaf of bread!", or they eat white bread and assume ALL bread here is like that.

Is it a duck egg? They're a lot brighter orange than chicken eggs.

Lol all these /Cucks/ call themselves cooks yet can't even determine why this egg is so orange. You guys should kill yourself neck beard chefs.
>inb4 you don't know yourself, it's free ranged

The only other chef aside from myself.

Sad. That had the potential to be a McChicken

in germany the most expensive eggs ('bio' quality, meaning no genetically modified food etc) always have bright yellow yolks, while the other eggs have that orange color because of their diet.

In germany, the Jews were gassed. What's your point?

>falling for the Holomeme

It's a fake egg from China

Color contributes to perceived taste though. Unless you're blind.

Kaufland Bio eggs are sick yellow. I always buy Freilandhaltung ones, because the yolks are orange. But my local Kaufland haven't been selling the free-range ones for weeks.

And in Japan the highest quality eggs that are usually reserved for eating basically raw (like sukiyaki) always have a deep orange yolk. The lighter the yolk the lower the quality

you know chicken feed nowadays colours the eggs orange so people who push this , not saying this isn't historically true , keep pushing it so people are misinformed.

v underrated

my well fed chickos only lay eggs like this. Healther the chicken the more orange it will be. Commercial nasty eggs from chickens that are pump full of all kinds of shit are bright yellow more often than not. Orange>yellow

buy my kodawari eggu please!