ITT: English Teacher Stories

ITT: English Teacher Stories

>High School
>first three years take AP English classes
>teachers are all plebs
>(not lol he likes Tolstoy better than Dost what a pleb, I mean one of them only read YA and another straight out told us she dislikes reading)
>pass all classes by writing generic essays with info off of sparknotes
>senior year
>teacher is a cool hippie guy who entertained the class by talking about all sorts of things (history, philosophy, art, etc)
>starts to take a liking to me because I was the only one to not read crap
>he tries to encourage my writing skills by letting me get away with formless essays filled with digressions and overlong descriptions
>gives me an A no matter what, think I'm hot shit
>get to university
>tfw fail every single English class because don't know how to write properly structured essays with correct grammar
>tfw find out HS teacher is now in jail for doing the bad touch on a student

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ex-marlborough-school-teacher-sexually-abuse-sentencing-students-20151021-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that teacher who said Moby Dick was gay
>everyone thought you were gay for liking Moby Dick

>Senior year
>English teacher is this Christian blonde girl with some cakes doing her 3rd year of teaching
>stare at her butt the entire year

There's only two AP English clSAsees u mongo

>Live in Sweden
>12th grade (we were 18)
>New teacher for swedish courses
>She looks like she's our age and hot as fuck
>All guys in our class stares at her ass whenever she turns around
>Guys regularly jokes about her attractiveness which makes her blush and go all tsundere

She was probably the only sexy teacher I've ever had. I know this story is off topic but fuck you I still daydream about her.

>Penultimate year of highschool
>Take Extension English
>Teacher is also the principal
>Catholic school so he is a Brother
>He shows up late to half the classes and doesn't show up at all to a quarter
>He oozes with pretentiousness constantly despite being a theologian brainlet
>Get real sick of his shit and decide to drop the subject at the end of the year.
>Final exams
>The task is to write an adaptation of King Lear
>My adaptation is a slanderous piece of flaming shit with no purpose but to express the ways I dislike him within the narrative structure of King Lear; I know he'll have to mark it too.
>Get the marks back in the next year: 11/15 for that section
>Only comment: "Being snarky isn't the same as being clever, user"
>Mfw I got a B for roasting my teacher/principal/marker

>>"Being snarky isn't the same as being clever, user"
BTFO

when I was in grade 11 my hippie English teacher tried to read us the long walk by Stephen King and all the niggers in class complained every day and after 2 weeks she just stopped reading to us and instead we had an extra 20 minutes of work and all the niggers were fine with that.

fuck man, men have been made disgusting deviants as products of the cultural hedonist waste land

>High school literature teacher takes a liking to me because most of the class is female bar me and a mate of mine
>Goes out of his way to engage and is consistently harder on me because he knows I can achieve better than all of the other plebs in the class
>Have a banter going on throughout the semester

Is there a better feeling lads?

I have a ncie English Teacher. She's pretty hot and I think she wants my cock. Probably not though.

>14
>english lit class
>teacher hands everyone a copy of Thornton Wilder's Our Town and says we have two weeks to read it
>read it all that night, love it, cry
>can't wait for my classmates to read it so we can talk about it
>they read the wikipedia article the night before
>teacher puts up lists of themes, character points, important quotations
>not one word is said about whether anyone liked the damn play

Shower of bastards

>Never had an English teacher that ever talked about literature
>read my way through my times in prison
>was alone if not for the classics that kept me from killing myself
>get to college eventually
>go to english class
>teacher is a liberal who never talks about literature
>quit college and work in a factory and try heroin for the first time
>write a little

and here i am.

>18
>attractive

That's a fantastic play and I'' sorry this happened to you user :(

I saved the best greentexts the last time I saw one of these threads.

This one's more of an English student story but it's still good.

>18
>jailbait
rtard

If that be so, it is up to you to have an original thought to break the flood of inanity. You have thus far failed.

>originality

history is just one big loop like vico said

That is no excuse for mediocrity on your part. You are an individual, not "history." Besides, another intelligent and mistaken person said that history was a nightmare from which one must try to awake.

Stephen Dedalus can suck an egg

>couldn't be more that 18
Which implies she looks like she's 18 max and quite possibly younger.

Idiot.

E.C.?

were you raped while in jail

>dude 16 is jailbait lmao
Fuck off

Back on topic: this thread is bringing back bad memories of first year university English from a year ago and how it's affecting me all over again
>spend a good 30 hours on a paper going through why Milton was against monarchy but still Christian
>get a C because I referenced too many secondary sources and wasn't focused enough, or some garbage excuse
A decade of writing (and actually being fucking published) late:
>get back a draft of paper I spend 15 hours on, on post-war anxiety. Once again with a C, because it wasn't focused (it's a draft you mad cunt.)
>the kids around me write about female oppression as spoken against in Victorian literature and get a whole letter higher, most are joking about how they did it the night before

I hate to suggest it, but maybe your papers are bad and you're a bad writer.

Surely I'm not worse than the people that crammed a paper in a few hours on a banal subject they accepted because it was the easiest.

>be le me
>sleep 5 hours a night through virtually all of high school because I hate the place so much that the thought of sleeping frightens me because I know when I wake up I have to go back
>get consistently poor marks in English and am every English teacher's least favourite student
>do poorly in year 12 but still end up able to study law somehow

If I didn't know better I'd swear that the powers that be don't want Australians to be interested in literature. It was always a boring and half-assed class.

theres no point in picking a hard subject if you arent smart enough to handle it. picking a subject you can handle (ie. easy) is much, much smarter than picking something hard because youre a psued and handing in pure nonsense trash

>be me
>high school
>typical 17 year old guy
>hold an obvious disdain for overly feelings-oriented lit like poetry and shakespeare
>teacher, recent liberal arts college English grad, realizes
>assigns me Harrison Burgeron, a slightly more politically-oriented novella
>develop a burgeoning passion for political philosophy and ideology
>he redpills me through assignments about leftist hullabaloo
>treat him like shit all year because I'm a 17 year old faggot
>only realize at 22, after finishing my philosophy degree, that his passion and commitment to helping me find something enjoyable that wasn't a sports magazine led me along a long path of discovery, passion, and intrigue -- and quite literally shaped my future

I've been thinking about shooting him an email thanking him for his passion, but I don't know. I was a real testosterone-fueled teenage dickwad to him. Really hated the in-class usual works that he pretty much had to teach about, like TKAMB. There's always a chance he's like "hey don't really remember you at you little faggot, but thanks."

Except I did handle it, it was just arbitrarily deemed 'unfocused'. Of course, a draft of a paper will be unfocused, that's why I included a formal outline describing and explaining stepwise the build to a conclusion.

no.

kek I love these

keep posting if you have any pls

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ex-marlborough-school-teacher-sexually-abuse-sentencing-students-20151021-story.html

This your guy, OP?

>junior and senior year of high school have a gay english teacher
>he thinks that I'm cute and lets me get away with anything
>I lay on a couch in the back of the room and show up late every day, almost never do work and get A's
>end up seeing him again after I graduate
>we get wasted and hang out
>he hits on me but I'm not a fag
>still sort of friends with him, and he occasionally buys weed from a friend of mine

I liked the guy a lot, but don't respect him very much for being so shit at his job

send the email, user. he'll definitely appreciate it, and it could end up meaning a lot to him to hear.

Just email him. If he cared enough to set you on to that stuff to begin with, it will probably mean a good deal to him, even if he doesn't remember you well.

>be 12th grader in AP lit
>teacher is a very large woman
>she must drink a Diet Coke every class
>she's a feminist
>necessarily and constantly battle against her feminism because I Am The Angst
>eventually it's bring your parent to school or something
>get to AP Lit and my teacher tells my mother that she always saves my essay for last when grading as a relief and reward for getting through the rest
>she says I am her best student
>she gives me her copy of Frankenstein, one of her favorite books
>the guilt

I posted all the ones I screencaped myself, but I have this.

She must like being challenged.

The worst parts were when we had to read shitty Australian YA because the government insisted we learn about Australian literature or something. Bonus points if there were Aboriginal themes awkwardly worked into the story.

>Sophomore year
>homeschooled, but have a thing called co-op which is like school one day a week where i get homework to last me until the next week.
>english class has this recurring assignment where we have to pick a character from a period of history we're reading about.
>don't read anything we're assigned or study at all the whole year
>whenever the assignment comes up, open up the wiki page for my character on my ipod touch before i go up
>improvise and attribute a personality to them and make up anecdotes
>the assignment was peer graded
>all these sheepish kinda nerdy homeschool girls think it's hot shit
>finish with A's and win all this stuff in class like that really good trader joe's gourmet candy

Well, she already must like being a victim

you sound like either a fag or a girl

>English teacher is young girl in her early 20's
>I'm by far more well read than she or anyone else in class
>but ugly
>she consistently gives me low marks for varying reasons, some of which are blatantly untrue
>average grade is a C
>gives high marks to good looking boys who've never read anything not mandated by the curriculum
>always tells me I'm going to fail

>go to college
>professors constantly praise my writing style
>always get B's or A's

I hated school

i almost would feel bad for you if you werent so violently jealous of people who are more attractive than you

Not really jealous senpai. I already had a love of literature so it's not as if I needed encouragement. Those guys however did need the encouragement (though they don't seem to have made any use of it - only around 3 people from that class have read a book since then). If anyone was jealous it was the pleb teacher secretly 'mirin my dazzling lit skills which, even at age 17, were an order of magnitude greater than hers. I've been told by nearly all of my uni professors that I'm top of their class and that they enjoy my writing.

>Be 9th grade
>Have absolutely patrician English teacher
>She tries to encourage us to read at every all the time
>Everyone in the class, myself include were absolute plebians at this time and didn't listen to her or care about her class
sadboys

>all this stupid drama over teacher-student love

I feel like the smart teenagers who understand sexual attraction and can be discreet and reasonable about it are also the ones who are least likely to get laid. So unjust.

Although I actually know a story with a happy ending. Our HS philosophy teacher ended up dating his (ex) student, who was like 15 years younger. Don't know if they're still together, but he's still teaching there.

Then why do you repeatedly get worse marks?

Do you know what "unfocused" means? It means you're not fucking doing what they want you to do. It doesn't matter how good your shit smells if you're meant to give them piss.

>Of course, a draft of a paper will be unfocused
"no"
Holy shit he encouraged you to be a pleb and you want to thank him for it?

My English teacher didn't know who Don Quixote was.

>Live in Aus
>English teacher working at school also lectures in creative writing at towns University
>Wrote his thesis on Pynchon and had several articles and papers on Pynchon published in books
>Never get to have him as a teacher
>Too autistic to approach him

Feminism is THE shit test, after all.

My story:
>Only guy in sixth form English Lit class.
>Teacher is a rabid feminist. Just went through a bad divorce or some shit
>She's living the Eat Pray Love life
>It's like a trainwreck- terrible to watch but you just can't pry your eyes away.
>Constantly belittles me in class and makes jokes about men.
>Class of girls politely titters because I'm hot and while they want to take the piss they don't want to risk pissing me off.
Anyway.
>Feminazi teacher decides that she wants us to do one module on Chaucer's 'The wife of Bath'.
>She goes on and on and on and ON about how Chaucer was the original feminist
>She makes the point that the wife is a sexually free woman who does what she wants, when she wants.
>I BTFO of this argument in front of the entire class by reading out the single line out of the story that disproves her point.
>If a look could kill I would have died in 2012.
>Every essay I write gets marked at a D.
>Later on ace the class because the external marker loved my essay that argued how the Wife of Bath was a satirical piece and that Chaucer was a man atypical of his time.
>Thank god for external markers.
>Fuck feminazis.

It was this class that showed me that pretty much 100% of English as a subject is subjective and infested with SJWs. I have this teacher to thank for pushing me toward PPE as a uni degree, just reading as a hobby and also fully redpilling me.

>worse marks
Unfocused means 'too much for the word limit' or some nonsense like that.

A C is not worse than a C.
>"no"
Yes, when the draft was supposed to be a third of the total paper it is going to be unfocused because no focus has been developed.

>last year of HS
>have to read books every quarter or you will fucking fail that class
>the books that you get tested on are all YA shit
>teacher acts like a bitch to me
>say "I don't like reading"
>teacher gets pissed at me and screams

fucking nerd jokes on you I'm reading Hunger by Hamsun and I'm enjoying it

>Unfocused means 'too much for the word limit'
>when the draft was supposed to be a third of the total paper it is going to be unfocused
lol

Holy shit this is lit

What were you in jail for?

I want a lgf

I was young, and stupid, and thought it would be a genius idea to go drinking with my dumbass friends. Woke up the next day with my dick in government property (library book).

>Woke up the next day with my dick in government property (library book)
expand on this

No thanks. That's what got me into that mess.

i went after a peace officer with a sword, i was a juvenile so they sentenced me to two years ina corrections facility.

it was infinite jest

That's exactly the complaint I've gotten, though.
It's difficult.

Being proud of a b minus

>High school English teacher.
>Teaches us this ridged system of writing essays, needs to be exactly 1 page, first paragraph needs to be exactly 4 sentences, each sentence needs to do one specific thing. We're not allowed to use the words, "I, you, not, and some others I fucking forgot," ever.
>Get into college, turn my first essay in, Prof pulls me aside and asks if I had Mrs. X (I'd say her fucking name but I honestly forgot now), for an english teacher, I say yes. He says forget every fucking thing she ever taught, and recommended I study with a Tutor. Ended up eventually getting As in all my lit classes in college.
>In high school, got mostly Cs and Ds from this bitch.
>One time she asked to write an essay on what Rebellion is. I wrote about the united states. She pulled me aside and said she doesn't get it, there's nothing rebellious about the united states. I start explain the revolution, she looks at me like I'm literally a crazy person. She says, "Look, I'll give you a C, but it's just because I feel sorry for you."
>Several times pulls me aside and tells me she thinks I should take the remedial English class. "This...just isn't your thing, hey, you could maybe talk to the guidance councilor and see if she'll get you out of English altogether and you can take wood shop or something!"
>On one of my assignments, she wrote in red ink in that I should be a Bartender when I grow up.

To this day...any time I do anything lit related, my first thought is to shove it in that cunt's face. I've published three books, even though they've all been kind of failures, but I always think, "I bet Mrs. Fucking X didn't publish any goddamn books!" I have an ongoing fantasy also, that one day I'll be asked to speak at my old High School's graduation, and I'm seriously going to devote my entire speech to how much I hated fucking Mrs. X.

>GCSE english class
>my marks for coursework essays and written exams are always among the highest in the class
>there's a speaking component to the coursework (debates, presentations)
>get garbage marks for those because I'm a shy little fag, bringing down my grade
>teacher pulls me aside and asks me to audition for the school play that she's directing
>my idea of a nightmare but agree to because I'm incapable of saying no to people
>audition is just me and her in the room, I do okay, she gives me a big role
>first rehearsal with all the other kids, maximum self-consciousness, die on stage
>she BTFO of me in front of everyone, says if I'm going to be so meek she'll give the part to someone else
>work hard at it because I don't want to let her down
>start to come out of my shell, make some friends with the other kids in the play, confidence never been higher
>play night comes, we smash it, feels great
>teacher pulls me aside, says she's proud of me and that she'll write to the exam board and get them to use my performance in the play as the speaking part of my coursework
>get A*

>Grade 10 English lit class
>Taking turns reading Of Mice and Men
>Get to one stoner/skater guy who hadn't been following the story
>Barn scene
>starts reading ahead of himself and yells out "OH SHIT LENNY WHY'D YOU KILL HER!?"
>teacher sighs and asks someone else to read
>the quiet shy kid in the corner turn
>going through come up to the word "nigger"
>begins to stutter can't say it
>teacher says "every time we now encounter that word we will say..uh...uhh...pizza!"

I swear to god that class put me off reading for at least 2 years.

your life sounds like the story of a jacqueline wilson book

Why would anyone quit getting an education just because an instructor holds different political views?
Do you want to live in a bubble? You're a fucking dumb ass.

> Poor kid
> midwestern podunk HS
> Every English class is with teachers who don't give a shit about anyone not "college bound"
> take AP English Junior year with former hippie teacher
> Read books that contain sex and the word, "fuck" e.g. Vonnegut, Kesey, Salinger
> Actually enjoying the class.
> On final exam, teach tells me that I have finally found my voice as a young writer
> holyshit.exe really?!
> One of only two teachers in the entire school that I respected.
> Went on the college against the odds
> living a good life now
> fuck them.

Kind of the same story with me. Got into college, and was amazed that the teachers there actually know how to fucking teach, got several 4.0s, graduated, everything is going good for me.

Went to my 10th reunion, 90% of the smart, preppy college bounds are working at department stores and cell phone booths, with no degrees.

Just do what I do and pour sugar into their gastank

You know that doesn't do anything, right?

>Year 10 English lit class (in Britain)
>reading Of Mice and Men
>teacher has a game called 'popcorn reading' >you read for however long you want (minimum two pages or something) and then say 'popcorn' and the kid you want to read next's name
>me and friends conspire to give every 'nigger' in the text to a really awkward white kid
>after several days kid gets so annoyed at everyone laughing that teacher bans us from calling him

That shit's hardcore. How do you guys live with yourselves?

thats hilarious

Our swedish teacher 9-12th grade was the only hot teacher I've had. Late 20s, blonde, blue eyes, short as fuck, like 150 tall, slim, cute little butt, BIG STONKIN TITS! Not a guy that didnt want to berry their dicks in her.

>be in uni
>work hard
>participate in lecture discussion
>go to office hours when I need it
>develop professional and affable relationships with my profs

haha lol rite

Oh shit I was the one who had to read that whole string of niggers. I pronounced it like some American gangsta and I couldn't stop it and everyone laughed. was fun tho

>>work hard

So this is where it all went wrong for me

>Teaching Dubliners
>Finish reading After the Race
>Have great discussion about themes etc
>Class ends
>Kid walking out pulls me aside and says: "That story reminded me of ghostbusters"

My English teachers were all rather good.

My favourites were the retired police officer, the happy fat moustache man, and Indian John Travolta.

user, there is a difference between stereotypical generic middle class ("preppy") American kids and actual upper class suburban kids who are raised on elite private schools and country clubs and who all go to Ivy League schools or similarly ranked universities (i.e. actual preppy kids).

shit you reminded me
>write a whole essay about the significance of the pun in the title "Dubliners"
>find out that that's actually just how you spell Dubliners
I thought it was about lines n shit.

Senior year of HS I took an elective entirely focused on Joyce

teacher was based

One of my teachers tried to read Ulysses, but "found it too dense".

Another one was liberal to a disturbingly determined degree. The kind of person to walk an old Spanish pilgrimage as an OAP atheist.

Then there was the Italian cougar, who handled our sex-ed. She was, according to another teacher, "very enthusiastic".

Uh huh, and what does that have to do with what we're talking about?

>Class is completly silent
>The moment they've all been waiting for, the XXI century Cervantes is coming to his High School to give an encouragement speech to the young students. They too can become a worldwide phenomenon like he did
>user walks up to the stand
>Clears throat
>"2:30 hours dedicated to an uninterrupted sentence about how much of a bitch Mrs.X was"
>user looks into the crowd
>Mrs.X is there
>Everyone starts roaring and applauding and instantly swarm Mrs.X
>Anons leaves, as the agonizing screams of her teacher rises over the angry students fury

I was expecting somethine far lewder when you and her in the room

Would have been a much quicker way to boost my confidence.

Yeah, that's basically my fantasy.

>High School
>Teacher gets us to read through some play silently in class because no-one would bother to do it in their own time
>Finish reading the play.
>Look up. Nobody else is finished.
>Read it again.
>Same.
>Signal to the teacher that I finished, wondering if anyone else is nearly done yet.
>He seems impressed
>Other kid mutters something about skim-reading
>Teacher has an "Oh, right, must be" expression.
>Read the play again pronouncing. every. single. word. in. my. head. like. this.
>Nobody has finished.
>Start reading the other plays in the anthology
>Three down before anyone else is finished.
Fuck those people.

>reading biography of some saint woman in class, get to the part where she is in prison
>teacher asks what was her husband doing at this time
>i was always daydreaming in school so only listened to her subconcioussly
>forgot that i was in class and yell "he was fucking bitches and chewing gum" (cause i was daydreaming being duke nukem at this time)
>she blushes. class is silent nobody laughs
>she wasn't even speaking or looking at my direction for half of semester

I'm not religious and I kinda want to do that.

>be 12th grader in AP lit
let us know how the second semester goes

>her
Mine too bb