Keto

Give me literally one reason you're not in ketosis right now.

>he has to take naps after eating
>he remembers what hunger feels like
>he can't read a book cover to cover without stopping
>he has excess body fat
>he eats WHOLE GRAINS
>he can't fit buttered beef into his calorie budget

But yes, be a good goy and make yourself fat and eat le whole grains (make sure to only cook them in water, not milk!) so we can save the meat for the breeding males of society.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol#Foods
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycopene
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutein
lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/phytochemicals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still insist that the stress of ketosis for two years opened up a world of autoimmune diseases for my mom and her chiropractor turned 'nutritionist' should have his license stripped.

>Give me literally one reason you're not in ketosis right now.
But I am in ketosis right now.

>following trend diets

Excuse me while Im having nutritous whole weat bread to go with my fresh meat and whole milk.

I am in ketosis right now.
Lost 50 lbs since jan 1.

Eating sunflower seeds

>Ketosis caused autoimmune disease
hahahahahahahaha

None of that true minus eating whole grains, and I don't need a meme diet to achieve it. Fuck off. :)

>2017
>dieting
Get yourself the myfitnesspal, exercise and enjoy your life without restricting food choices, everything in moderation of course. Dieting is a meme that has gone too far, speak to any nutritionist and psychologist and they'll tell you the same thing. It makes you more insecure, and increases your anxiety.

i dont know what to eat on a day to day basis.

Keto is a good meme diet for morbidly obese people who need to lose a high amount of weight very quickly.

A lot of people who are morbidly obese are on high carb diets, and thus, have developed insulin resistance, if not outright Type 2 diabetes.

Keto retrains your body to stop depending on sugar as a fuel source, and converts to using fat as fuel.

Your sense of taste changes too, and becomes much more sensitive.

>Be on keto 6 months
>One day I take a sip of my wife's coffee
>HOLY SHIT HOW MUCH FUCKING SUGAR DID YOU PUT IN THIS. IT TASTES LIKE SYRUP

>just 1 teaspoon like always....

No matter what you're on, if you get used to less sugar it something it tastes Hella sweeter when you go back (even 1/2tsp sugar in fact)

Definitely, if you want quick short term results, it's great. But losing weight shouldn't be that way. Also if any morbidly obese person starts eating less in general, they'll still lose a lot of weight fast.

>Also if any morbidly obese person starts eating less in general, they'll still lose a lot of weight fast.

Not entirely true if they have severe insulin resistance.

Once you reach that point, carbs still get converted to fat, regardless of lower calorie intake.

Because of this, you keep getting fatter and fatter, and your body thinks you're starving because it sucks at converting glycogen, and gluconeogenesis.

The result being that you lose muscle and bone mass along with your fat.

What are some good keto recipes you use?

>Step 1: Season the meat
>Step 2: Cook the meat
>Step 3: Eat the meat

There you go faggot.

keto diet is best diet. i don't mean diet as in a corrective regimen, but as a model of health.

lots of dumbasses are gonna cry that 'it's a meme', when books detailing the process were in wide publication while they were a drop of jizz in their missing nigger fathers crumpled ballsack. for them, you call it 'protein sparing modified fasting' like doctors do.

I don't let the internet dictate my life

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
>he has excess body fat
In my case, yes, but already lost 120 lbs on a non-meme diet, 30 more to go
>he eats WHOLE GRAINS
Literally no one I know cares
Wrong

Thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion at hand.

You're welcome

It's the atherosclerosis that puts me off.

tell me how to do keto and ill try i am just college student

Google it you mong

Because I am not obese and never have been. I'm also not brain-damaged or American. If you look around, even in this thread, only fat idiots ever do keto. Fat morons who don't understand nutrition. Normal people who have been normal weight and healthy their whole lives don't do it. Go to Vietnam, Thailand, Kenya, you won't find keto and you won't find diabetes or obesity. Keto is Americanism in its purest form, already having among the lowest carb diets on the planet and being so oblivious to reality that you manage to convince yourself carbs caused some sort of health problem. Total anti-intellectualism fueled by reddit and YouTube memes.

my farts would kill a man if I ate like that

I'm saving lives

>Normal people who have been normal weight and healthy their whole lives don't do it.

Well of fucking course they wouldn't do it, they don't need to!

Next thing you're going to tell us that doctors are bad because healthy people don't go to the doctor.

You sound mad as fuck, did the cavities from that carbosis finally breach your brain?

>go on a keto diet
>die of ketoacidosis
pick both

can type 1 diabetics even do ketosis

>he eats
Top goy

I can't afford it

Never had body problems so I never had to change my diet from what I instinctively want.
Only if you don't stop eating when your nose gets runny.
hell yeah, nothing better than eating while hungry
I don't see how that's relevant. Or why keto would make you better at reading books. And I doubt keto would make you stomach the longest books in one sitting.
This probably has more to do with you having nothing else to do.
>he has excess body fat
now that's just plain wrong
>he eats WHOLE GRAINS
they're delicious
You're the person with eating habits so out of wack you need to count calories and respect a calorie budget or else your lack of self control would make you ill.

I did it for about 3 months during a cut. Got tired of eating the same stuff. Balanced diet is far superior.

Are you me? started jan 1, lost 50 pounds so far.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I'm pretty sure part of my life is ensuring I am never in ketosis.

I am not a doctor however.

Stop memeing yourself about diets and eat nice food

For me
>eggs bacon spinach in bacon fat

>spinach salad with coconut oil, 2 sausages and a serving of roasted almounds

>fish, spinach broth soup, and an avocado

I usually switch up sausage with chicken and swap dinner with a keto pizza. You can also make keto banana bread.

I'ma lazy fat fuck who does not want to give up fries and doughnuts.

Creamy spinach
30 oz spinach
2 cup sour cream
4oz chedder
4oz jack
1 packet of Lipton soup powder
Microwave then drain spinach
Combine all ingredients
Oven 375 bake for 35 minutes. Its really good you can also half the recipe and bake for 30 minutes. Its really good

What a meme user!

You ketofaggots are going to develop wet brain in a few years.

So am I. I've been doing it for about 2 years. Blood glucose levels are great now. Usually I'm riding around 90-100 mg/dL. I get a low about once a month now, and when in dietary ketosis does not make my blood sugar level drop during exercise. Daily exercise does lower my basal dose requirement by about 15%. I can jog a half marathon without being worried. I get a high of over 150 mg/dL about twice a month, usually from eating too much protein. You have to watch it with that. Protein is metabolized in a similar way to carbohydrates, but more slowly. I haven't had a crazy DKA high in so long, but you have to understand it's a completely different animal from low-level dietary ketosis. It's like a baby kitten vs. a man-eating lion. I can't always be completely carb-free because shit happens. For me this works much better.

Those lows will ruin your body, too. They don't like to tell you about that. Knew a girl who died at 27 from frequent excessive hypos. Liver damage.

I drink a warm glass of milk every night solely because I know it makes you all rage inside lactose intolerant subhumans.

Enjoy your armchair nutritional science, I'll live to 100 while you die of CVD failure bitchniggas.

Recently, I had to conduct an experiment on surviving the piece of shit American healthcare system using ghetto R and N insulins. Conventional treatment of 2 N injections daily with complicated R bolus peaks overlapping throughout the day hearkens back to the days of carb-based diet recommendations. Only fairly recently has the basal/bolus dosage treatment become standard. Anyway, my will to survive drove me to find out if it was possible to achieve a relatively stable blood glucose level with R and N on a ketogenic diet.

I took my known ideal basal dose (Lantus) and multiplied it by 0.8, then split it into 4 equal doses of N injected every 6 hours. Testing every hour for 24 hours of fasting, I was on a 6-hour cycle of 80-150. Next, I added 1 unit of R with every injection, adding in increments of 1 until the 150's came down. After 3 days I hit on the perfect dose with gave me a gentler roller coaster of 80-120. Started eating again, keto style. Levels were fine. It works. Carbs are cunts.

I did try keto for a while and had great results as a type 1 on a pump. I had stage 1 kidney failure a few years ago though and I'm worried about stressing my kidneys. I don't actually know enough about my own disease or body to say how keto would affect this, however.

That sounds rough, man. I'm on a pump now after years of using Lantus as my basal and N for meals. Making your basal incremental does wonders, which is what the pump takes care of. I love this fucking thing.

Wet brain is caused by B1 deficiency.
B1 occurs naturally in a lot of things, including pork and spinach.

Holy shit! I've been on R and N for 10 fucking years now since insurance stopped after I finished school. I've been taking N every 12 hours. You'd recommend every 6?

I'm not rich so I can't do keto. Check m8

>said the fat fuck as he paid $10-15 for fast food every day

I've never used a pump. How fucking much does that shit cost? Think about Lantus that pisses me off (besides the absolute travesty of the price and the fact that Eli Lily fell in line with the cartel price fix for its competitive product) is that it doesn't actually give a flatline basal as touted. I've heard of people putting R in pumps, too. Tell me about insulin pump DRM.

Any correlation between your kidney issue and keto? Possible cause, or just had the beetus for too long? I'm 30 years in and fine so far.

I don't live onon fast food, check m8. My diet is basically keto but with some carby element to keep cost down

As much as a decent used car. Literally $2-3k.
If you're mondo poorfag, the companies have their own low-income programs you can apply for. I never have, but I make over 200% poverty income so I highly doubt I'd get it.
Don't forget that in addition to the pump, you need the tubing and the injection ports.
When I was younger they let me take a pump home and try it out with just saline in it. They told me you put Humalog in the real thing, so I don't see why you couldn't do it with R. The dosing is fully adjustable.

Yes, absolutely. Requires about 3 days of intensive testing and record-taking. Walmart brand test strips are something like

The kidney problem was because I was diagnosed late into my teens, didn't take care of it until I hit adulthood. Took a long time to get things to normal, kidneys eventually got better, but left me afraid of the future.

My pump cost about 800$ because I'm Canadian and they put a plan in to allow younger people the ability to get a pump (pre-25, I got it when I was 21 or so) subsidized by the government. The pump retailed for something like 5,000$. The pump supplies would cost me something in the range of 4,000$ a year if I was not Canadian.

This guy is right; the dosing is full customization; you put whatever you want into the vial. I run on 100% novorapid.

>went in for DKA when I was 19 because I couldn't afford Humalog and Lantus out of pocket anymore and had nobody to turn to for advice
granted, that was a $20k bill I never paid a cent of
but the point is you know I've been all over the ReliOn supplies for years now
I remember last time I went in to the doctor they hemmed and hawed about how they couldn't plug my meter in because it wasn't a OneTouch and I told them to fuck themselves

Neat. See, I'm thinking a poorfag workaround is putting R in a pump and just eating strictly keto. Humalog price is almost as bullshit as Lantus. The humanitarian drug company shtick thing after gouging us forever rubs me the wrong way.

They've been out of touch with the drug and insurance pricing fucking forever. I had one once who was surprised that Lantus was prescription-only. She was like: "What? NPH is otc. What's the difference?" I'm sure she had no idea about the price of insulin without insurance either, let alone the legislative stranglehold big pharma has on congress. These are the people who don't extol the benefits of a ketogenic diet.

>trend diets

how bout no

I like beer

When my insurance ran out in my early 20's prior to the ACA, it destroyed my credit rating. I carried massive debt for a decade due to my habit of trying to stay alive. Took me fucking forever to be debt-free. My pitchfork is ready.

I almost went into ketosis one time after eating a diet of chicken breasts, beans, broccoli, and the occasional small serving of milk or cheese for a week or two
The lack of carbs initially made me much more focused and sharp; after a while I started feeling a little foggy headed (the onset of full blown ketosis I'd guess), then I went to the store and bought some shitty jalapeno cheese bread, baked it, and binge ate the entire thing in one sitting. I'm not sure how to explain it but my mind started swimming and I felt this wave of warmth and comfort envelope me.
god damn it tasted so good

While it may have benefits for weight loss and for regulating blood sugar in cases of extreme diabetes, the neuroprotective elements can be achieved through shorter periods through intermittent fasting and calorie restriction, and the dietary restrictions in keto (i.e., limitations in the consumption of phytonutrient-rich beans and fruits) outweigh those benefits in the long run. If for no other reason than the carb content of beans, keto is not the idea long-term diet.

So what particular phytochemicals considered to be essential nutrients do you think cannot be eaten in more than adequate amounts in the form of low-carbohydrate vegetables? I eat spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin seeds, limes, dairy, meat, fish, dark chocolate, eggs, and fats. Two years now and healthier than ever. Tell me what is missing from my life besides cavities?

I drink a warm cup of melted cheese instead :^)

>So what particular phytochemicals considered to be essential nutrients do you think cannot be eaten in more than adequate amounts in the form of low-carbohydrate vegetables?

The phyochemicals found in plant foods are too numerous to be named, nor to be studied in great depth - hence why no multivitamin will ever compare to actually eating more of them.

With respect to beans, there are actually tons of studies on their consumption that point to widespread health advantages - insulin sensitivity, measures of heart disease, dementia risk, risk of cancer (particularly of the colon), and even general risk of death, among many others, are all improved by bean consumption.

What you're eating is healthier than what most of the population eats, and certainly healthier than you ate before. But that's still a pretty limited variety of foods that you listed, I eat a much larger variety of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis than that, plus lots of pulses.

This, ate keto and then put rolled oats in cold milk and it was deliskus

>The phyochemicals found in plant foods are too numerous to be named

You can't name even a single one then?

>dark chocolate
>cauliflower
>low carb

LOL you're not even in ketosis. You're just eating a balanced diet you've fooled yourself into believing is bullshit fad diet. Well done?

>cauliflower
>3 net carbs
>not low carb

There are tens of thousands of phytonutrients, only a small fraction have been studied. They're more of the proposed mechanism by which we have observed increased vegetable intake to correlate with better health outcomes.

That said, yes, some are known. Resveratrol, Lycopene, lutein, etc.

My point is more: go search pubmed for "beans"

How do I know if I am?
According to MyFitnessPal I've been getting 20-25g carbs a day, but I don't feel really any different than when I've cut calories before.
Isn't ketosis supposed to feel different than otherwise?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol#Foods
>highest ranked: red wine
>2.6g net carbs
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycopene
>Lycopene is not an essential nutrient for humans
>is NOT an essential nutrient for humans
>but is commonly found in the diet mainly from dishes prepared from tomatoes
>tomatoes, 2.7g net carbs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutein
>Lutein is synthesized only by plants and like other xanthophylls is found in high quantities in green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and yellow carrots
>Lutein is found in egg yolks and animal fats

Come on now

>fasted a week
>ate keto for a week and worked out like a mad cunt
>back to fasting

NO RAGRETS except not being able to drink grape juice anymore without gagging.

1) buy bayer ketostix
2) pee on one and check
3) sekrit protip: cut the sticks in half for 50% savings

Ketostix are unreliable trash

They're not. Stop eating carbs, fatty.

Like I said, go search pubmed. The health effects of eating whole-foods like beans or fruits cannot be reduced - at least with our current knowledge - to individual phytonutrients.

That said, the most striking example in my mind at the moment is phytic acid. The Paleo crowd poo-poos on it because it reduces the bioavailability of certain minerals, but it has striking anti-cancer and anti-carcinogenic effects (and you could always just eat more minerals to compensate).

This page has a breakdown of some of the more well-studied phytonutrients: lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/phytochemicals

Pic related has 4.7 net carbs.

What now?

1 cup of cooked black beans has over 25g of net carbs in it

>Breeding male
>Virgin status
Hhhow does that work OP?

Old Type 1 beeter here. When I was a kid the wise old ones taught me that strip-cutting trick for the blood glucose ones, too. Back then, they changed color like the ketone urine strips.

Fun fact: just a bit before my time, diabetics could only test their blood sugar level at home with the urine strips. Best they could do was guestimate how high their blood sugar was yesterday. Doctors fought against the introduction of home testing monitors for a decade because at the time they were a little less accurate than hospital lab tests. Hurr.

Then don't eat those but the green ones, it's not that hard.
Wrap some bacon or prosciutto around a small handful, serve as sides to steak with a glass of red wine and I bet you get all the phytonutrients you need.

What's the Cheapwst way to keto possible

>phytic acid

>pumpkin seeds

Eggs and green leafy vegetables.

Just eating eggs for caloric needs sounds sickening and unhealthy

Fuck, I gots ta get me some of dis ketosis.

Tricking your body into thinking its starving so it will use fat as primary fuel source, what could possibly go wrong?

Eat pork rinds and lose weight!!

Have fun with the gross meme diet lol

He said cheapest, not most interesting. Although eggs are pretty great if you know how to cook. Versatile little balls of fat, protein and vitamins.

TIL sour cream is weightloss food

Part of their greatness is their compatibility with carbs

>The pump supplies would cost me something in the range of 4,000$ a year if I was not Canadian.
And how much do you pay in taxes every year?

When I get tired of cheese omlette I'll just switch it up

>Keto
>Sour Cream & Bacon
>Healthy

Pic is actual healthy diet but ya'll just wanna eat bacon, bunless burgers, and pork rinds lol

Actually, you have to be careful with pork rinds. They have a lot of protein. Too much and it'll pull you out of ketosis. I guess it depends on the individual, but for me, a 180-some pound man, over 60g of protein in a day ends ketosis. Oddly enough, that's where the efficacy of dietary protein in muscle-building starts to taper off. It's as though this is one of the human body's viable metabolic pathways.

Don't forget dairy, meat, and herbs.

Those are expensive though. Except for herbs

Those tomatoes, leafy greans, paprika and zucchini sure showed us lol

Use DuckDuckGo and search

"Whole foods plant based diet"

Compare to keto diet not too hard to do a little research, right?

I eat zucchini sometimes. It's pretty low-carb, too.

The point of listing some of the ingredients I eat above was to illustrate that a ketogenic diet can be very healthy and balanced if you want it to be.

I eat cabbage and rice with salt and sugar...

Oh, and you're not tricking your body at all. This is just one of the ways it metabolizes energy sources. You can totally get fat on keto if you eat assloads of calories. If there's a caloric deficit though, you burn body fat really fast. When you unlock keto-mode, eat a slight caloric deficit and exercise, you can lose fat really easily.

Drives me nuts when people think calorie restricted high-carb weight loss is a good idea. It fucking destroys your gallbladder and atrophies your muscles.

>calorie restricted high-carb weight loss

No.

Search: "Whole foods plant based diet"