OH I KNOW. OUR NEW SCIENCE SAYS SCIENCE IS NOW MAGIC AND SO IS MY BRAIN

Can we have a discussion on Quantum Mechanics VS Pilot Wave Theory?

I'm sure you guys know all about that fuckin' double slit bullshit, and how the brilliant people of our scientific community interpreted the data.

Super positioning and fucking probabilities and SHIT. FUCKING BUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. Super positioning and fucking infinite probability bullshit only exists on paper. It doesn't make a fucking lick of sense.

The assumptions made with the many worlds theory and shit like that are fucking ridiculous
>You're assuming that every possible path the particle could take, and every position within those paths the particle could be at are all equally real.

So you know how everything we've seen and experienced so far. UP TO THIS POINT. Has indicated that there is one world. If you're not looking at your desk it isn't exploding/imploding/falling over/growing a dick or whatever is even remotely possible. You can't say for 100% certainty that your desk is still there. But that doesn't mean it both is and isn't there. You just can't confirm it. YOU CAN ASSUME. Just like you can assume the universe isn't going to disappear tomorrow.

>ALSO ASSUMING that the human brain/soul/fuckyou is special. SO fucking special that us consciously observing SNAPS the universe out of its infinite probabilities into one single probability. But not anything else. Not transference of energy, not transference of information or light or any of that shit. No it has to be observed by a White Cis Male Scientist in order for it to exist in a single possibility.

You go from. Hmm.. weird. I'm not sure how this particle is making an interference pattern... OH I KNOW FUCKING MULTIVERSE DUH. AND IM SPECIAL. OBVIOUSLY, I HAVE A DIPLOMA TO PROVE IT. I MUST BE CREATING OR PULLING THIS REALITY OUT OF THE FUZZY SOUP OF INFINITE RANDOMNESS.

fuck off. How about the particles are riding on waves and we skip all the mystical psuedo-science-give-me-funding bullshit.

>TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!!

YO can you link me that chart bro.
I'm really fucking high

Humans are pattern recognizers

All the patterns you are used to don't work at the quantum scale.

Hence it seems like magic.

There is nothing weird to it.

example

Every time you jump up you land afterwards instead of flying off into space

You are used to this pattern. It doesn't require knowing about how gravity works in detail to feel normal to expect to fall back to earth after jumping.

SAme with quantum. If you instead had been used to quantum things happening it would seem just as natural as jumping and falling back to earth.

All the patterns you have seen are ABABABABABABABABABABABABAB

When you see a brand new pattern like ACACACACACAC you go "why the fuck isn't ABABABABAB". It's natural and expected to have this feeling. It would be weirder if you saw ACACACA for the first time and said "this pattern is normal".

Like jumping, and after each jump you have the luck to have a hot 17 year old female that wants to ride you like a horsie after you land? Which would be ACACACACA , and would be my normal, but it is a totally weird fucking normal????? *head scratch*

Right.. I'm not saying fuck all things quantum it's witchcraft. I'm just saying one theory assumes a whole hell of a lot. And Bohmian mechanics seems to explain it without the need for a whole fucking multiverse to be brought in

There is no "reason" or "why" that matters.

It's just pattern recognition. The patterns of quantum mechanics are different. Did you expect light to function or work the same as a baseball?

Just because you are too stupid or have too little experience with the patterns doesn't mean shit. The patterns simply are.

You are looking for a motive, a why, because your monkey brain is adapted for interacting with other life forms like predators, prey, or social communities. In these a shortcut is figuring out "why" someone does something. Like, if elks get thirsty you need to know motive so you can track them to a water source.

When it comes to applying "why" or "motive" to physics there is no fucking point. It simply is a pattern or it isn't a pattern.

Why does the sun shine? Is it because it's happy or mad? Your asking of "why" is useful for predicting how another hunter will react if you poke him with a spear, but no so much for fusion power plants in space.

Yes, if you have three plots on a graph you can draw a lot of shapes that pass through the plots.

As long as the model you use to try and "understand it" still matches up with results it doesn't matter. For instance, what does an electron look like? Do you know? Do you need to know? Are textbook diagrams what comes to mind?

What the fuck are you talking about?
No one's talking about why.
I think everyone understands that stuff on the quantum level operates with an entirely different set if rules and variables.

>we know enough screw it

The point is, DAN. That one way of understanding it claims evidence of a fucking multiverse.

what is a theory?

Do you have a point? At all? Other than you don't know and don't have any input?

Okay. It works like this. What "Feels right" means jack fucking shit. You can see either explanation you posted being possible. It doesn't matter. Why are you going to argue "muh feels" about pilot wave bullshit? Does it feel more right to you?

You're just being an ape about things and that's fine but don't pretend picking a team on gay theories means anything or is useful.

If that's true then the Sukmadikian mechanics theory is also just as valid. Where god made it that way to test us Christians.
Main thing I'm upset about is the scientific community. And how garbage they are truth seeking. I was watching some video and they kept using words like "proved" and "correct" when it came to the many worlds theory. I'm just like. buh

I dont care if there's more than one theory going around. I care when one is ignored because people like thinking they're special rather than everything being deterministic

The Copenhangen theory is just a mathematical model, nothing more. There is some mechanism that makes those probabilities but we do not know it yet.

Has it ever occurred to you that because light is such a small partical it fades into background radiation once it has exhausted its traversing energy through a medium and that it cannot be measured because we don't have control over anything that can keep it in place long enough for obersv-
Oh wait never mind....Its already been done.
Whelp....
Science is magic.
Time to build a teleporter and follow Thoth to wherever the hell that prick went after he was done proclaiming himself "The King Of Games" and "Mathematics"

>I didn't understand the most basic things about quantum mechanics: The post.
The problem is that you still trying to identify each object in quantum mechanics with an everyday object to make it plausible to you. But there isn't always such an analogy, especially not here. Particles do not have definite positions, they never have. Positions are an illusion of macroscopic reality where the quantum nature of things is negligible for the most part. You can't directly measure the position of a particle, what you measure are just interactions with other particles. The quantum state is not fundamentally defined by a position and a momentum, they are defined by fields.