Made some homemade Mapo Tofu from scratch. Find a flaw

Made some homemade Mapo Tofu from scratch. Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewoksoflife.com/2014/03/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tofu

What did you use the leftover Okara for?

Found a good place for it in the waste bin

>goes through the trouble of making tofu

>doesn't even make unohana or tempeh

more brown than red.

And?

Looks a bit brown, but I'd still eat it.

mapo tofu is literally my favourite meal

How difficult is it to make from scratch?

>Find a flaw.
you're underage ban

I wouldn't know. I got this from a restaurant. I lied about making it myself.

you son of a bitch

tell me how to get that delicious Mapo flavour without a packet, TELL ME

>mabo-doufu
too much sauce, not enough rice, learn to cook it right.

Ok I will

Too much sauce.

Here's what it ought to look like. I love having an Asian grocery store next to my house.

OP's pic doesn't look like it has pork in it desu

Lightweight aka baby's first mapo

Yep, it looks like dishwater soup with some tofu floating about.

I really hope this doesn't become the next big Asian dish. When I lived in Japan a lot of people liked it, I got taken to a lot of nice places that specialized in it. It was decent, but never more than just fine. If this shit comes to America its going to be worse and hipsters are going to suck it up.

There are lots of varieties of mapo, I lived in china and fell in love with the sort made at a sichuan restaurant. I've never had mapo as good as it was there, I got it all the time.

I had mapo in japan as well, it was ok but not spicy enough for me.

Seems strange unless you're the masochist type that gets the barely edible extreme spice level wings in the US.

Tokyo is extremely spice averse which sucks for someone who likes spicy food but at most of the decent places even the 2nd to the top level was usually very spicy. Usually at the curry places you can safely order the one with five flames but I was disappointed more than once getting something basically inedible at the mabo dofu places.

It's a nice, inoffensive lunch or dinner dish kind of like Japanese curry on rice.

If you're talking about restaurant style I agree, if you're talking about homestyle, especially with a fatty beef or pork and lots of veggies, I vehemently disagaree

Restaurant style of course.

you dont say nigga, not like its a szechuan dish or something

>pork isn't visible
0/10

Well it is a sichuan/szechuan/whateverthefuckuan dish and so most other replications are going to suck comparitively. It also NEEDS sichuan peppercorns in addition to chiles.

color is off

wrong grade tofu

bad sauce to tofu ratio

no meat

no fermented black beans

3/10, you can do better. it honestly looks like a bowl of shitty hot and sour soup with a bunch of tofu cubes in it.

there are no fermented black beans in og mapo tofu, its semifermented longbean+chilipaste, rest i agree

too much sauce
too brown, did you poo in it?
tofu looks too firm

This is my mapo tofu

This is my second mapo tofu attempt

S O Y M A L E

I watched this anime Chuuka ichiban and the main character made mapo tofu using soybeans instead of pork. is that what you did?

Ezpz, just need the proper ingredients: thewoksoflife.com/2014/03/ma-po-tofu-real-deal/
Too much sauce.

your sauce is way too goopy, tofu chunks too large and where the fuck is the meat 5/10
looks decent but overly westernized 7/10
this looks like fucking spaghetti sauce 3/10.
this looks like some retarded version of minestrone 3/10

Fuck off and take your gay animu obsession with you, weeb.

which one would you say is the best mapo tofu recipe online? I have seen many recipes by chinese were the end result looks like

but never like OPs

>8736645

The one posted in is legit.

thanks, didn't notice that link

Where I live it's impossible to find the black bean paste so it's missing that, and that's why it looks so watery. I will make my own black bean paste next time and see how its turns out.

I added red bell pepper because I had some lying around.

>Where I live it's impossible to find the black bean paste

So? mail-order it. you have the internet.

just order chunjang from hmart it's the same thing

It has tofu in it.