Sci, when I pet my cat in his consciousness does he feel as if a giant dry tongue is licking him? Just wondering

sci, when I pet my cat in his consciousness does he feel as if a giant dry tongue is licking him? Just wondering.

Thanks,
Trudy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6B39GUzwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hello Trudy,

Your cat isn't conscious.

Regards,
Liam

Really? Where do you draw the line? Are dolphins conscious? Are chimpanzees conscious?

A cat is conscious, of course, more than a frog. But less than a human.

As for petting the cat, probably the touch brings up memories of mom cat and siblings and a sense of safety and feels good man in general.

I think a cat can probably differentiate a it's tongue from a hand. When a cat rubs up against your leg or something he doesn't think he's rubbing against a tall dry hard tongue

they probably think of it as similar to when they rub against other cats

They don't care whether it's a tongue or a hand. They just like the feeling of shit rubbing against them. It's instinct for the most part. They use their own paws to clean themselves on spots they can't reach with their tongue (like their head). So all they feel is that you are cleaning them. That is an intimate and friendly gesture to cats, so in case they trust you, they enjoy it.

My gf's cat always starts licking my arm back when I pet him after a while. Wants to return the favor I suppose.

Doesn't make the cat conscious.

>implying you are conscious

So deep dude. The cat does not realize it's a cat. I realize I am a human. If I wasn't conscious I wouldn't be having this conversation. Simple as that.

what?

cats absolutely recognize they are cats the same way dogs recognize they are dogs, how else would they form packs without some sense of identity

>Reiki instructors and their cats: the thread

Animals have personalities, desires, feel pleasure and pain, can interact with their environment. They most definitely have a consciousness. What exactly it's like is still not understood.

What is personification for 500 Alex?

It's blatantly obvious to anyone who has interacted with dogs. Some are outgoing, others more introverted. Some are energetic, some are lazy. Some are bold, others passive.

Here's an interesting quote from Darwin on the subject

"The difference in mind between man and the higher animals, great as it is, certainly is one of degree and not of kind. We have seen that the senses and intuitions, the various emotions and faculties, such as love, memory, attention, curiosity, imitation, reason, etc., of which man boasts, may be found in an incipient, or even sometimes in a well-developed condition, in the lower animals."

Whatever

kek

Hey Trudy
Fuck you and your cat
Thanks,
Anshul

>Anshul

poop pigmentation belongs to /pol/

I bet you're pinker than the inside of my anus

cats are quite self-aware

That is the most shallow understanding of consciousness I have ever seen.

Consciousness is a little bit different than simply being able to recognize your existence.

Dead things don't conscious, Trudy. Line drawn.

You're all fucking dumb. The only difference between a human and an animal is that the human brain has thoughts and an ego.

cats definitely have an ego

>the human brain has thoughts
Your post implies otherwise.

So do animal brains. The only difference is LANGUAGE, not thoughts and egos (all mammals have those)

probably

I'll just leave this here.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6B39GUzwI

Cats have urges, not feelings, not thought. To cats, it is sexual; except when you terrify it to "comply."
If they thought and actually had feelings, they would not play/maul birds and mice. Birds and mice are also animals and capable of the same.

You don't have evidence for any of this. I don't doubt that cats are more driven by instinct than humans, but to say they don't feel or think is just guessing. Humans are eating meat as well, used to hunt and butcher them. Not an argument.

Who said humans have thought?