Cabbage was on sale at the grocery store for $0.14/lb

Cabbage was on sale at the grocery store for $0.14/lb.

I bought 10 dollars worth of cabbage.

I need to base my diet on cabbage for the foreseeable future.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetbytes.com/2017/03/blackened-cabbage-chipotle-mayo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make loads of sauerkraut

Southern fried cabbage with smoked sausage.

Cabbage is really good in stir-frys and goes will with beef

You need
>tomatoes
>barley
>shroom
>chicken livers

>make tomato sauce
>grill or fry livers with garlic and dice
>cook barley
>dice shroom
>mix and wrap in cabbage leaves
>cover with sauce
>bake

steam it

Eat kimchi for every meal and get stomach cancer like the Koreans.

Save some for sauerkraut, save some for slaw, save some for garnish, then save the rest for miscellaneous.

bubble and squeak

Probably fart
A lot

you expect us to believe you just walked in and bought 70+ pounds of cabbage?

This.

Arbeit macht frei.

Make kraut and kimchi for long-term storage. Make slaw for shorter term storage, I reccomend both regular and red slaw. Soups, sautés, and stir fries for meals.

You're gonna fart so fucking much.

I had to go back and get a cart.

I felt weird about it.

budgetbytes.com/2017/03/blackened-cabbage-chipotle-mayo/

>chipotle
basic bitches and nu-males: the food
this is why today's young adults are infertile

>implying smoked jalapenos are dumb numale shit

Blanch it then fry it in a pan with potatoes and bacon bits.

Cabbage rolls and bigos.

Two things:

1) My local supermarket had the same sale. You didn't buy $10 worth because the sale limited you to two heads of cabbage per store card. You did not buy 71+lbs of cabbage. A large head weighs 3lbs on average. That would be over 20 heads of cabbage. No. Just no.

2) riso e cavolo/riso e verza (depending on the type of cabbage: cavolo is white/green, smooth cabbage and verza is savoy cabbage, the dark green curly type). It's basically a risotto of caramelised cabbage and garlic with lots of parmigiano. I shred the darkest outer leaves and add them at the end as a finishing touch to add colour to the dish.

OP here, I didn't read your post. Too many words that i don't understand.

Post pick of your cabbage haul with timestamp or fuck right off.

This

slice and roast with some kind of sauce/paste on top. I've been liking lemon-tahini. Peanut butter hot sauce would be good too, but be sure to balance that omega-6 with some chia, flax, hemp, etc. for breakfast

Only happens if you're not already adapted to healthy eating and have a shitty flyover microbiome.

Get ready for explosive shits and gas.

Share your bounty with someone

Roast it with potatoes and bacon

cole slaw, shredded cabbage on tacos, sauteed cabbage, cornbeef and cabbage, cabbage rolls, use cabbage anywhere you'd use lettuce

>Blackened cabbage

This is burnt.

Does cabbage freeze well, if this kind of sale ever happens in my area? I would actually buy 20 heads of cabbage if it were that cheap, shred them, and put them in freezer-safe bags.

it should, but honestly just in the crisper cabbage keeps for something like a month or more

cabbage soup. full slav style

You bought 70lbs of cabbage?

I hope you die op

Faggot

this
as a slav I've never seen cabbage soup made from anything other than sauerkraut

Yes, but it needs to be blanched or cooked first. However, I don't freeze cabbages, just brussels sprouts. I do freeze cabbage leaf parcels (not sure English word, but our name translates that way), though. They freeze very well.

You can also shred the cabbage, blanch it to deepen the colour then dry out the shreds. This is part of making dry soup veg mix. If you want to dry your own, the recipe is 5:4:3:2:1, by weight, cabbage:leek:carrot:celery root:parsley root.

Kraut Bierock

Fry up some ground beef or lentils with copious amounts of onion and garlic, then toss in tons of cabbage, salt, and cover with a lid until the volume reduces. Stir together and season with paprika and whatever else.

Make a semisweet yeast dough, and make pockets for the filling

Brush the dough with milk for an improved crust and bake

Cabbage Noodles.
I am sure there is a hungarian name for this dish bu I only ever knew it as cabbage noodles.

finely chop or grate up some cabbage. a lot of cabbage. Cook it in some butter, or butter and a little bit of grease from some kind of hard sausage or other meat you have diced up and cooked in this pan. Plus some salt or pepper.

Cook and cook as you like.

add a bit more butter, parm or other hard cheese, crumbled crackers are an option and whatever kind of cooked noodle you like. wide strips>spaghetti. Toss together, adjust salt and pepper as desired.
You can also slice the cabbage into strips, cook a little less and forgo adding the noodles. Had it both ways.

Cabbage and potatoes with corned beef every day until the next st patty's day.

Make an enormous casserole of fårikål (lamb and cabbage stew) and just have it simmering on low heat forever. Its fucking delicious, espescially when its been simmering for a few days.

Hi. here.

It doesn't really have a name. It's literally just called 'pasta with cabbage (and sausage)' in Hungarian, which is
'(kolbászos) káposztás tészta.'

It's similar to what describes, just with pasta instead of rice and using different cheese.

With all that cabbage you should raise some cabbage patch kids

Make lots of Japanese salads. A salad in Japan is typically just shredded raw cabbage with 1 or 2 slices of cucumber and a slice of tomato, covered in dressing.

It also bbq's well, dip it in soysauce for some flavor

Make lots of stirfries and use it as a filler works well too.

Let this sad motherfucker be, it means more for the rest of us while he kills another can of spray cheese

>make sauerkraut
>give up social life

Okonomiyaki
Cabbage, leek, and potato soup
Borscht
Use shredded cabbage instead of lettuce or spinach in salads and sandwiches.
Sauerkraut and kimchi

eat like a slav

Its not typical unless you're eating it with tonkatsu

Brown some meat of indeterminate type of your choosing, throw in some garlic, possibly herbs or spices of your choosing, etc...

Boil it with ground beef and freeze the soup, could throw in some tomatoes

>What do?