ITT: Explain the plot of your book in a few sentences

ITT: Explain the plot of your book in a few sentences.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrabZFhnBIA
youtube.com/watch?v=SxI7B758XBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meet Samuel Rothschild. After his rich father collapses of a heart attack one day, Samuel is suddenly entrusted with the Rothschild fortune. But Samuel isn't as good at keeping money as his father was, and he's more of a party animal!

why would i read non fiction

France, late 80's. An unlucky but steasy young man who works in a record store suddenly can't fall asleep, strong insomnia and shit. It lasts for days until he discovers he can only fall asleep in movie theaters.

800 Year into the future, young man steals an enchanted sword from his former comrades in arms, gets into shenanigans while learning about himself, mankind, and history while being hunted down by said comrades

The child awakens from his deep coma, the sky bleeds a darker shade of orange than he has ever witnessed. He has entered a wound in time, escaped the linear and entered temporal infinitude.

Political satire where a bored low-grade politician becomes disillusioned with democracy and defects to a totalitarian state.

if that's serious (maybe I don't get the meme) that's interesting.

what the fuck is that plot.

not really original but might be great

>if that's serious

It is, the title as of right now is "Project Goy"

now i feel better about my own ideas

The rearriving places the setting off of beforehand, squarely in the fore. The now, knowing and being known, as and of cantankerous things, shoots ahead hardly farther than is needed. The soft end rounds off the body and suffices.

The story of Benjamin Hopkins, a man who eats the same meal of bacon sandwiches everyday. He is content, but the people around him find it odd and disturbing. He cannot see why, because he thinks bread and bacon go together marvelously, why would he have anything else?

a novella about an artificial intelligence that begins to write artistic masterpieces using formulae.

Here's a shitty idea I came up with for a middlebrow-novel

>Fairly successful painter gets a chance to participate in a big exposition
>Paints renaissance motif in modern style
>extroverted multi-billionaire gets interested in the piece and the painter
>he begins to openly stalk the man
>painter flees the country, hides in Europe
>due to his autistic interest in art history he always hides in obvious places, e.g. Florence, Paris, etc.
>rich guy tracks him down multiple times
>painter finally murders him to get peace
>paints renaissance motif again with blood
>vanishes just before being found out

Story is filled with homoerotical innuendos and art history cross references.

Feminism indirectly causes the apocalypse

/pol/-tier

this sounds kind of cool, reminds me of a mixture of 'Perfume' and 'The Talented Mr. Ripley'

In my book tanks are cute girls instead of giant machines. The first tank of the Chinese People's Liberation Army gets renovated for a parade in Beijing and when her new commander molests her she flees south. The stories of other tanks and her own backstory in the Chinese Civil War and the Mao-Deng eras are filled in as the government pursues her. She ends the novel back in Beijing because a tank will always be a tank.

I'd be concerned too if my cock were a ream of printer paper

It's about a greenday cover band that become the hottest band on earth. They sign a recod deal with a shady producer, (who is also the head of the american cartel), he forces them to change their sound and sell out. He then takes over the world with his power as a producer/drug lord and tries to end it.

I've written the first 100 pages and was wondering if any of you seemed interested in reading it.

Metal Gear Solid Big Boss rip off

The second coming of Jesus.

Aliens make contact with Earth in order to create friendly relations that will lead to humans being brought into the galactic fold. Some alien ships offer a program to take humans aboard and allow them to travel along with them. Main character war veteran goes on one of the ships while coping with PTSD caused by devastating world war that happened prior to alien contact.

Interesting

Everything but the last 9 words is the plot to childhoods end senpai

That's disappointing. Though I'll just take it as me being on a similar wavelength to Arthur C. Clarke.

IT'S A COOKBOOK

An earth collapsing under a century of bad genetic engineering begins raiding lost colonies for people to clone

is that some sort of slang or jargon?

if it was funny I would read this desu

I want to make the Veeky Forums version of Harry Potter. As main idea (secret magic academy/world) only with a better plot, a lot less YA, and written with actual style and prose.

Retired guy gets a job at a department store, out of boredom. The misfits, addicts, and mentally ill people working there make his life a living hell, until they ultimately get him killed, which they all end up profiting by.

A literature professor whose only relevant work has been a plagiarized book travels across the country to try and finish - and appropriate - the work of one of his pupils that killed herself due to his harsh criticism and left her book unfinished.

Actually sounds like a good read

It's well known that Jack the Ripper had his killing spree abruptly ended. He basically gets his head smashed in during a bar fight in London. A short story.

Would buy

no you philistine

youtube.com/watch?v=vrabZFhnBIA

>bacon is win XD
no.

Okay. So I read the synopsis as I can't watch the episode atm. I see the similarities though the ships with these programs aren't taking them to any specific planet. It's just meant to be an opportunity for humans to "shadow" these aliens like how a civilian can do a ride along with a cop. Also, my aliens don't present humans with any technology as to not overwhelm them. Their initial visits are more like "hey, just wanted to let you guys know that we exist and there is a greater galactic community at large. This story really isn't meant to demonstrate advanced technologies or anything like that but instead be about one man coping with his past while experiencing a big exotic universe as a backdrop. Along the way he learns that humans aren't the only beings that possess "humanity" while also demonstrating the universal frailty of life no matter how advanced. Now that I talk about it I feel like it's kinda a stupid concept but I'll still keep it in my back pocket.

youtube.com/watch?v=SxI7B758XBQ

Moon Man:
The Animated Series

A young Elven Werewolves is selected to be the bodyguard of the Duchesses eldest daughter. While they grow close over the years, so too does the chance of war with the South.

(Been world building the setting for years. I think I'm almost happy with it.)

Guy walks around town, things happen.

Should i change it to silverside?

Literally anything but bacon.
Make it anchovy.

a dude dies setting of a chain of events u'd haff 2 c 2 believe

Fantasy Novel about reincarnation of "Hero' class people being forced to relive over and over to shape history. It will reference texts that only exist in its world, with a collection at the end of the novel of texts that exist in the world.

But it's set in England which has a very strong bacon sandwiches culture I want to dissect.

I thought that was a more american thing?
Anchovies are funny because they are disgusting as fuck.
But write what you want, as long as it doesn't come across as "BACON XD REDDIT" because no one wants to read that.

Perhaps I could make a caricature of that in the story. Like an internet journalist trying to interview Hopkins for the meme, while Hopkins refutes his irony with a genuine love for the meal?

why would he keep working there if it was out of boredom?
he's driven to suicide from a job he doesn't need?

You clearly underestimate the human need for social connection.

He only works there for like 2 days, and decides to quit, but it's too late.

He also doesn't commit suicide.

I'd read that

Bacon sandwiches are of course a percectly mundane and nigh universal foodstuff in Britain.

We have been eating bacon (real bacon) longer than America has been a nation.

But a person who consumes nothing but bacon sandwiches is still considered abnormal because they are the near singular constituent of his diet.

The very things that in part make us perfectly unremarkable ordinary people; like enjoying a bacon sandwich, when turned up to eleven become marks of strangeness that others may recognise and shun you for.

And so life is a delicate balancing act in that regard.

Replace Aurellius with Diogenes and you got a nice pic.

Wanna know how I know you're not happy?

If yes, You know the distinction.

A man finds a suit of armor and a purpose with it as the revolutionary hero the universe needs to free them from evil. In the wake of his hard-won victory he becomes a divine king who rules justly and with great honor for a thousand years, but with a turn of the wheel it comes to an end as all things do when he's assassinated as an idolater and aberration before God by a crusading force of future-era Teutons. This all happens in space, by the way, and it's about the endless, universally constant handing over of states between opposites in all things.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but that almost made me throw up.

It's alright. I can understand how the concept could sound terrible, but I believe in it and myself

shit is all in threes. its about the yes, no, and maybe. the right, wrong, and ambiguous. your side, my side, the truth. and mostly a perspective on work and family told through 3 separate middle aged men. one is a dentist, another a granite fabricator, and another young retiree who was an entrepreneur

Dude....you're fucking 100 word description of it was hard enough to read. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS! Get medication, therapy, maybe rehab, and neutered, then start thinking about picking the pen up again.

>but I believe in it and myself
keep fighting the good fight, user

disregard and

The interesting thing is that they're totally correct. I made the thing sound awful by putting very little thought into my description. This was a useful experience for me

>The interesting thing is
Ah, now I see the whole problem.

In fairness, it is a stupid enough idea to become the best selling novel in the world, and made into a movie staring Ben Afleck

It was interesting because the guy was telling me to disregard people whose opinions were valuable to me. That's not something that should be done, even on an anonymous image board

That was me and my last opinion was that you are currently a poor judge of what is interesting, i.e the whole problem. Pls don't disregard this.

I'm not going to disregard anything said to me. I can be a poor judge of what's interesting to other people, but I know my tastes and I write to them. I'm just a simple man who likes to pass some of his time writing, and I'll be damned if I'm going to write what other people want to read. Fun is my yardstick for success, and I'm having a lot of fun writing

pick a position or pls shhhhhhhh

I think I'll cut my losses

Mayonnaise.

please make the painter not know who stendhal is and also make him a fainter and make his stalker call him stendhal as a pet name kthnx

is the official tank story in there too? i would like government recissions pl0x

if by "space" you mean "back mountain virginia", it's salable

The banality of identity politics is examined through a group of 20-something young professionals in Austin, a city perceived as a liberal utopia that has huge issues with economic segregation that are never talked about. Start-up culture is mocked and Austin's actual culture being replaced by San Fancisco 2.0 is grieved.

Everything that people believe makes Austin great actually makes it an exhausting, tiresome city to live in.

Grew up in Austin, hope you're actually a good writer and not a pseud because holy fuck do I miss the way my hometown used to be.

Would've voted for Trump if he campaigned on walling in California. Mexicans are fine, at least we get cheap labor and good food from them.

A children's book about a housefly that flies up a man's ass one day. Told through multiple perspectives.

Ok, get this, a guy goes on an adventure, meets some people, falls in love, and returns home.

Oh, and on the way he writes a diary.

It's pretty honest.

>mfw it's an autobiography

A story of a failing but "gifted and talented" author (according to himself) as he copes with the fact he will never reach the level of recognition he desires with an overall focus on the questions of integrity as he has the opportunity to join a successful, hot, popular, rad-left, blogging website but knowing he will have to give up all semblance of originality and write cookie cutter articles with faux depth meant to sway the upper middle class white college students who feel they are doing the world a favor with their political correctness but lack any form of self awareness.

While this may seem like "/pol/:the book:the musical" the main character leans in the political center leaning slightly left or right depending on the issues as he is half hispanic-half white with an absent father raised by an agnostic mother who tried to instill in him catholicism at an early age through her words but her actions did not match that.

TL Note: This is not autobiographical in any way whatsoever because that would imply I'm a good writer and that I have opportunities in life :(

Nothing funner in fiction than the inane, soul-breaking realities of modern publishing.

The world is over. The last 'King of the world' only has one quest: Photograph every monument in the world before the passage of time time destroys them.

Won't time destroy the photographs?

Yes they will, but he's so self absorbed in his quest he doesnt really care.

Erm....uh....yeah. Guess so.

Shit....I had like 140k words too.

A man is saved from the end of the universe by a mysterious cube like object. He begins a journey in a foreign place that's scattered with many other cubes. I don't know if it's going to be a short story or a novella or full on novel. Depends on how much content I actually have.

>return of saturn
>man's gf breaks up with him
>existential break down
>starts suffering from severe derealisation anchored in solipsism
>starts wildly stumbling through every day activities and life in an attempt to straighten himself out and find some semblance of the stable existence he knew before the return

Sounds like an Iphone game

1:
a blonde boy meets a trap in the woods while looking for "the fairy queen", and then they start a nomadic child society while commiting horrible acts of terrorism and having orgies all day every day, until the blonde boy fakes his death and returns to his rich arms dealing married to diamond company owning family until he grows up and takes over the family african country

2:
a wizard dies and comes back as a fairy that can transport peoples perceptions into timeless realms of ultimate hedonistic pleasure

3:
the librarian of souls and the blood god travel through time and record/guide all tangent realities of every universe.

I don't know what a 'rescission' is, but I'm using what there is of the tank's official story. And the rest is crazy made-up stuff about Panzer IVs and T-34s and Patton tanks and etc.

stolen :^)

small new england city converts from being overrun with xanax addicted bourgeoisie white fucks into a cult of existentialists(nihilists) that end up burning the city down and retreating into the woods. main character travels around to explore falling society with group of teenage satanists who keep accidentally summoning demons from hell. lots of sacrificial ceremonies and parades.

>novella set during the final months off ww2 in the pacific theater
>protagonist is a kamikaze pilot
>the first part covers him leaving on his mission, but his plane's engine fails and he crashes.
>he survives and drifts in the ocean for a few days
>part 2: he's washed ashore on a "deserted" island
>becomes depressed because he failed his mission and wants to kill himself
>he encounters things like a tribe of savages, an American radio post, weird visions, man-eating animals, etc.
>part 3: he's rescued by a Japanese patrol just as he's about to kill himself
>he's taken back to Japan and treated like a long-lost hero
>a parade is thrown in his honor and during the parade he finds he wants to live again.
>at the end of the parade he finds the procession is carrying him to an airfield where another kamikaze plane is waiting for him
>he's expected to fly it again
>novel ends with him taking off from the airstrip
>should i just kill myself now?

>Part 4
>He instead flies off to monster island to battle rapist octopus monsters.

punched it up for you, thank me in your acknowledgements.

these are the best

a loser of a man decides to change his life around and starts growing as a person, while the font size of the book is growing, to parallel his own growth.

The protagonist jerks off a lot.

A sociopathic crown prince seeks to wed the sociopathic princess of a sociopathic king. Meanwhile, his sociopathic father (another king) abuses his bastard son who gets interested in the eldritch horrors that no mortal mind was meant to know. When the crown prince proves himself worthy of the princess, they officially become betrothed; the crown prince then narrowly escapes death at the hands of a sociopathic assassin who was hired by yet another sociopathic king. The crown prince's father is not so lucky, and the crown prince becomes king, then exiles his brother and tries (but fails) to have his bastard half-brother burned at the stake for practicing witchcraft.

Guy wakes up one day and all of time is frozen across the entire world
Deals with his loneliness and eventual descent into insanity as he moves around doing everything he's wanted
Eventually finds another guy who's handled it all perfectly fine
Enraged by the normal guy's acceptance of it as a reflection of his own disappointment he couldn't handle it as well
Kills the other guy
Eventually kills self after some time has passed
Would probably all take course over about a decade

the sociopathic crown princess should factor into the story more.

It seems like if they're doing sacrificial ceremonies then they're not really summoning the demons on accident