I just bought myself a rice cooker and holy fucking shit this is like night and day...

I just bought myself a rice cooker and holy fucking shit this is like night and day, everything cooks perfect without even trying.

What are some recipes where I can just dump everything into this magical machine at once and have it come out great?

Depends on the model of rice cooker.

Some of the higher end ones have steaming trays or similar that can be used in all sorts of cooking.

Mine does have a steam tray. For now I've been using it just for steam-fried veggies and chicken on top of rice but I've been looking into ways to use it as a stew pot for roasts, chili, spaghetti, and ramen. This machine is outright going to replace the top of my stove at this rate.

I've got a similar machine and it's awesome at cooking rice. It's not great at browning though so if you're going to make a chilli or curry you'd have to brown the onions and meat off in a pan first before you dump it all in there to slowly cook.

Great bit of kit though.

Rice cooker pancakes are legendary.

>not being able to cook rice
nigga how stupid is you

pancakes. youll never go back after this.

I just bought a rice cooker myself, because I was tired of having to cook rice constantly. Mine is just a straight up rice cooker, though. Pic related, the 10 cup Tiger. I'm so looking forward to just being able to grab a bowl of rice during the day without having to cook another batch.

I had a zojirushi like that from the early 90's. Finally replaced it a year ago with a newer higher end zojirushi with all the fancy settings for rice i never buy.

Yeah, I contemplated getting a zojirushi, but after scrutinizing what people were saying about both brands, there were more people who said that new zojirushis weren't as good as their older models, while people still seem to be enthusiastic about the tigers. I guess I'll find out!

i bet you drive to places or take some sort of automobile instead of just walking there

yes, because it's counter-productive not to.
there's no inherent increase in efficiency using a rice cooker. its literally just people being stupid and/or lazy.

It's called convenience retard. You know, what people who work look for because of time constraints.

Or if you're an Asian family you're going through ~8+ cups of rice a day, it just makes sense to have a rice cooker that you can let soak overnight, be ready for breakfast and kept warm for lunch/dinner, or if you're a large family, you make another batch for dinner.

>there's no inherent increase in efficiency using a rice cooker

You're right.

But there are various other benefits:
-it frees up a hob on the rangetop for cooking other parts of your meal
-assuming you have one with a locking sealed lid (or better yet, the full-on pressure type cookers like the new Zojis), it produces superior texture in the rice.
-most of them are more efficient (use less electricity) than a plain pot on the stove because they are insulated.

Just get a multicooker.

Do you also shun all forms of electricity and keep your home illuminated by whale oil lamp?

so next youre gonna tell me that italian families have a pasta maker for the same reasons?

Either by lamp or bulb, light is a necessity for life.
a rice cooker isn' essential for life...i sure as fuck can put rice and water in a pot.

My mother's side of the family had pic related, and so did all the other families who lived nearby.

>ITT: people who don't work question convenience.

Light is not a necessity for life, civilization has flourished for 11,000 years without portable light.
Neither is internet.
Better get rid of your computer.

but that doesnt cook the pasta.

convenience = laziness.

>Light is not a necessity for life, civilization has flourished for 11,000 years without portable light.

>what are torches and candles

Nigga you need to see in the dark or you could die.

A "pasta machine" doesn't cook pasta, user. It makes it.

Not necessary.
Turn off your computer, you don't need that either.

Nigga I'm not the same person.

I love my rice cooker. Reason:

You just put in the rice and water and just let it go... it keeps the rice warm and fresh as long as you want, so you can concentrate on cooking your shit. And when you're done: fresh, warm, perfect rice.