Was he a human, or something more? Is there a more evil character in fiction than the Judge?

Was he a human, or something more? Is there a more evil character in fiction than the Judge?

>Was he a human, or something more

open to interpretation.

> Is there a more evil character in fiction than the Judge?

Probably, i dunno.

He is the classic fool. The trickster.

Possibly William Kohler

>was he human
Technically not, he was a concept.

>Is there a more evil character in fiction than the Judge?
My diary desu's protagonist

Eh, nah; the trickster isn't so fundamentally malevolent.

Judge Holden is the embodiment of men who prey on other men; he is the "Cannibal".

Jung's Shadow.

>Judge Holden is the embodiment of men who prey on other men; he is the "Cannibal"

Literally me I'm gay btw

He's the embodiment of chaos and "entropy".

He is the demiurge

He is a fish

He's the embodiment of Veeky Forums shitposting.

murakami pls

pls

When doing pushups, he actually pushes the earth down.

u suck

Thrilling analysis. This is what we crawled out of the primordial soup for.

my sides

hey OP, just for future reference, there's a moratorium on using that picture due to it being a terrible depiction of Judge Holden. Thnx!

The real question is whether you want him to be human? Could you accept such a person to be out there? Not only on his more horrible aspects, but in his powerful ones too? Do you feel shamed that someone would have such control over the world, that he's more of a man? Can you accept that the same sadistic desires are in you, that they are the cause of your terror and familiarity with the Judge?

Is that Gabe "The Glue Man" DeGrossi, captain of the Boston Celtics?!

More like he is the one who guides the fool along on a path of endless folly.

He knocked over the table

remember when video stores used to print, "Be Kind, Rewind," on all their tapes? Shit was because of him, man.

O.J. framing mothafucka....

One time when I was high from smoking some dank ass trees, I had an epiphany about the Judge and Blood Meridian. But then I forgot it five minutes later.

My thing is thinking that maybe the judge and the kid are the same person. Id need to.reread it to see about this though. They all say that everyone has seen the judge at one time or another in the past. So maybe the judge is human wickedness and this particular judge was the kid and glanton's gang. I'm kinda talking out of my ass, but the judge is an interesting character.

He's the judge, because he judges others based on his own wanton, aimless, and insatiable need for violence. He believes in an animalistic world, with little reason as to why anything is, it's just kill or be killed, and that's all.

He looks down on others who think otherwise. He despises the kid particularly, because the kid displays a semblance to a code of honor, and tries to retain certain morals one one hand, yet on the other has no trouble partaking in compete, senseless massacres.

He's kind of right too, relatively. So...you have no problem killing a bunch of peaceful farmers and scalping them, but you refuse to shoot your wounded comrade as an act of mercy?

The kid represents that weird contradiction in war, all human conflict. The judge represents a purity, the standard even, of violence, and can rightly judge others based off it.

Ah a character that's intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor. Never seen one of those before!

He never sleeps, he says he'll never die

He is a great favorite.

Have any of you retards even read the book? The judge is the human embodiment of war. It's stated right there in that long speech he gives on war that everyone likes to quote. I'm honestly just baffled that nobody else has come to this conclusion.

The Judge is also God, aka "God is war."

You raise an interesting point by saying this.

Question: If the Judge is not human, wouldn't this refute a lot of his philosophy?

Okay so... God is human?

He's not God because "he's war", He's God because he forces the degeneration of mankind to stop through war. The significance of him asking the gang "if God meant to interfere with the degeneracy of mankind, would he not have done so by now?" Is to force the reader to come to the conclusion that If the world doesn't have war in it humanity will sink to the lowest common denominator. People can't afford to sit around and watch the kardashians on TV or be 300 lbs overweight if they are faced with war.If they do, they will be removed from existence by someone who instead learned how to kill and maim others with weapons or mathematics etc. So, through war the Judge is raising human standards, as a loving God would do so.

The reason this book is so popular is because most readers can't comprehend the riddles or historical references throughout the reading but feel that if they tell others they have read it they are by default smart, even without any comprehension of the speeches. But also because the marxists in our universities get a double wammy teaching it to dumb freshman at Ivy's. The evil white men are so evil why are they so evill they have white male privliege they're so evilll! And also because the judge is very much a nietzchean philosopher in many respects, a natural enemy to marxists.

>the judge is very much a nietzchean philosopher

How do you draw this conclusion? I have a hard time with Nietzsche though I find him interesting