Is there anything about this board that is not a massive waste of time...

Is there anything about this board that is not a massive waste of time? Why spend time here that you could spend reading?

After you blow your mental load all over some good books, It's fun to go on here and act retarded and make fun of people.

The shitposting certainly is a waste of time, but it enjoys me.
However I also use this to propagate my ideas or other's ideas that came from books or the books themselves.

I also take breaks from reading, not always in the mood for it.

Discussing how to interpret books is breddy gud.

Shitposting is a good accompaniment to nauseating bus travel.

If you just read all day without any distraction in between you will stop reading altogether out of exhaustion.

Discussion is 33.333333333333% of the fun of reading

Don't worry.

I am 50% of the way to becoming a Janitor.

Soon all off-topic threads and beginner thread will be removed and requests sent for month long bans.

Screencap thIs, ALL FROGPOSTERS WILL BE BANNED

>NO FUN NO FUN NO FUN NO FUN PLATO FOR EVERYONE NIGHT AND DAY NO FUN IN MY PERFECT SPERGTOPIA

There's such a thing as downtime. You see Veeky Forums as a waste of time because you feel you are wasting time. Go do something instead of project on the board.

You only find it fun cause you're an immature ass nigga who giggles at the rebellion of being able to write the word nigga.

>Is there anything about this board that is not a massive waste of time?
This board, like the rest of Veeky Forums, is pure literary genius. This maxim is wisdom of the highest order, and was hard obtained. In time you will realize it to be so.

This made me laugh a good, loud, meaty laugh. Accurate post.

Veeky Forums is chaotic. Veeky Forums is organic. You get on here for the same reason you listen in on people's conversations. You get on here for the same reason you observe the way people behave at parties. Just because you get on here doesn't mean you can't read too. It's just good to mix it up now and again.

does the other 50% of the process consist of knowing what priviledges a janitor does or doesn't have?

He hasn't gotten that far

>Is there anything about this board that is not a massive waste of time?
no
>Why spend time here that you could spend reading?
there really isn't a good reason / excuse for this (distraction?)

>implying socrates wouldnt be shitposting 24/7 if he was born in the Veeky Forums times

Why anything

You're not a massive waste of time.

That means a lot, user.

Not you.

You can be paid to market here. I've seen the ads.

This guy gets it.

There's literally nothing wrong with Plato. Fuck off.

>massive waste of time
Compared to what? What can we really achieve in life, when human life will eventually be extinguished and all lights in the universe will go dark?

I don't want to read books too fast and I don't want to read too many books at once