I want to get good at and understand physics without needing to learn any math. Help

I want to get good at and understand physics without needing to learn any math. Help.

The single best advice I can give you is to come to terms with learning the math or be forever >>>/popsci/

I don't think it's possible...

>i want to be good at ______
>but i don't want to do any work
>help

have you considered engineering, op?

just fucking do it you fag stop fighting learning something useful

Why? Math is fun!

Yeah good luck with that. Physics = applied mathematics. Git gud.
Practice and practice and practice. It's easy!

/thread/ op should become a cocksucking faggot.

I am certified mentally retarded, specifically when it comes to math. I took an IQ test and they told me I have a developmental disability in my math IQ (or whatever they called it). I never made it past algebra in high school, and I payed someone to finish my online math homework for me so I wouldn't fail. Yet, I've always been very interested in science, and I read articles about scientific discoveries almost daily.

this

>i want to understand physics but not understand the mathematical models used to describe it

hmmmmmm

Seems like physics is just not for you. Stick to reading articles of that interests you, because with such a disability you won't understand physics.

>every single damn thing about physics is math based
>dont want to learn math

user, I...

B-but energy is turned into mass when approaching the speed of light. S-see! I k-kinda get it.

>I want to get good at and understand physics

I can tell you that velocity is distance divided by time, but if you want to really fucking know what is velocity, you'll need math (calculus).

Stupid animefag

Tell me how to learn math, just what I need to understand general relativity. I know math up to a point, dividing and multiplying fractions and decimals is where I can't do it by hand anymore. I want resources.

To get a basic grasp on general relativity you'll need to get through at least 2 calc classes. That is all of geometry, algebra, pre-calc and calc.

Fuck.

Khan Academy.
Schaum books.
"For Dummies" books

its really not that hard

You say that yet you had years to learn this stuff in school and probably took advanced placement classes for it because it was easy for you to learn the subjects. I at least wish I had some sort of tutor to help me learn this stuff.

dude i thought i was "bad at math" for years. i had some bad professors who couldn't relate to humans well and did myself a disservice by not giving enough of a shit. now i'm doing well in a STEM degree. if you do enough problems and study eventually you can "get it," don't be discouraged even if you aren't naturally inclined for this.

Can you solve this?

[math]343^{0.33333...}[/math]

I mean technically yeah, but I don't know off hand.

Then what the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums?
Close this fucking site and do Khan Academy

its roughly 7

higher education is funny, as well. some things about undergrad are almost a joke. for one of my classes, 3/4 of the class failed the last midterm.

here are some Tips i guess -
if you aren't in college or uni and are a bit older mature student placement is a good way to get in regardless of past performance

the transition from community college to university can be a good idea, bearing that the college has a relationship with the local university where you can knock out half a degree there. entrance will be easier and you'll benefit from smaller classes and a more personal learning environment

if you're really set in your way about what you want to do and want to go right to uni, don't apply to the program you actually want. entrance can be very competitive. it is infinitely easier to apply to a tangentially related arts degree and then transfer internally, with no intention of doing anything with the arts degree

use MOOCs and other open resources to help learn things. most of the material you'll cover in an undergrad degree is available FOR FREE on the internet. be it textbooks, lectures, problem sets, everything. start doing work ahead of time

anyways this has been my sincere post to a possible troll, hope it helps

>I am certified mentally retarded
iflscience.com
space.com

if you have medical documentation of a developmental disability, milk that shit for what it's worth. you will get extra time for tests. you will get scholarships based on your hardships. the school will provide you with note-takers, or tutors, or whatever depending on what your needs are. and the bar will be lower for you, bearing this in mind. i have provided you with a lot of useful information. if you don't take any of it, your loss

tfw I follow ifl science, science alert, scientific america, and big think on facebook.

see

>facebook

Did you realize that you can follow a bunch of news sources on facebook, of whatever news source you want? I don't know of any other platforms that can do that. I really don't understand the dislike that people on Veeky Forums generally have for facebook. I never developed a reason to dislike facebook, so I just don't understand where you're coming from, and probably won't unless someone explains it to me. Is there some sort of ironic humor going on right now?

most people with functioning social lives have facebook. so...

t. Mark Shekelberg

I only use facebook to talk with a bunch of trans people who I met in a discord chat room I found through the steam gaming network. I assure you that I didn't meet anyone on my facebook through irl, nor is my facebook name my real name.

And why exactly does that happen user?

I'm not sure

What is your IQ?

I can't tell you that user.

Protip: you can't learn physics without understanding the math behind it. That said, you can try to learn the math at the same time you're learning the physics. Start reading about physics concepts and when you can't understand something, try to figure out the math underlying the physical interaction.

Facebook is for 60 year olds.

What's wrong with having life experience?

Ask teenagers.

?

Light, gravity, electromagnetism, waves, particles

That's chemistry you dope

Everything in physics is best described with math, you could describe it using english(the language) but it is the same as using math just in a different form

Honestly I would prefer having it described to me in English. As if that were a legit option though lol.

I wasn't great at math, times tables fucked me over, fractions took me forever, and I still don't understand probability very well.

Highest I went in high school was algebra two.

However, I liked math and what you could do with it, and forced myself in college to take math classes every semester, even ones I didn't need.

I have now taken 2 semesters of calculus and am in a multivariable calc class, elementary linear algebra, calc based probability, econometrics, and ordinary differential equations. I was someone who was "bad at math".

Given enough time to study, and the motivation, you could definitely learn enough math to be able to understand physics.

Just realize that you might need more time and practice than others. I truly believe anyone can learn math if they dedicate enough time.

good job,user

>tfw wanted to become a physicist or mathematician but sold out and I'm becoming an actuary

Watching "The Martian" really reminded me of why I went into mathematics/physics. Kill me, senpai.

>applied math
>math

I second this sentiment.

My work revolves around scientific computing. I had to learn a lot of math to program physics simulations. Once I learned the math, the previous physics knowledge I had made more sense. Knowing the math helped me connect concepts in ways I never imagined.

At the very least, OP should learn basic calculus concepts relating to derivatives, integrals, and working with infinity. Some vector math would be great too.

that's like saying i want to create a tower with no structure support

Read "A Mind for Numbers" or take the coursera class "Learning How to Learn". Both are specifically designed to teach a person how to get better at highly abstract fields of study.

I failed about 14 math classes in college before finishing my computer science and math double major.

I passed my last 4 upper division math classes in a row after reading the book and adjusting my study habits. Also, listen to the audiobook if you hate reading.

>certified mentally retarded
>always been very interested in science
It seems like psychology is for you

"A Mind for Numbers" is a book that teaches you how to learn effectively. I was a math retard until I read that book.

Math isn't easy for anyone. People who make it look easy are putting in hours of practice.

What OP needs is to learn how to practice math properly

Cool rec user thanks for that. I'm starting my GE and feeling out the various career fields, so testing the waters as far as where I can excel is crucial. Do you or any other anons know of any more good baseline books that helped begin to narrow down your scientific interests?

just use rss feeds

Veeky Forums - Your personal blog

>I don't wanna learn lots of math
>just enough math for general relativity
Thanks for the keks, user

>stupid animefag
Why do you come here? Down the hall and to the left is where you belong.

It is exactly 7. Something ^1/n is the nth-root of this thing.

It's exactly 7. Raising something to the power of 1/3 is the same as taking the cube root. 7×7×7=343.

Because kinetic energy is mass × velocity^2. Since light speed is constant to all observers, the moving craft dumping more energy into accelerating as to go somewhere. It can't go into velocity anymore so the mass term of the equation increases.

This is a very intuitive and simplistic explanation, but it shows why even at a basic level it's always reliant on mass.

true dis

>what is wrong with having a brain that peaked 30 years ago and is only going for a further decline

>reliant on mass
*math
>as to go somewhere
*has

Read any book of conceptual physics.