What is the quickest/safest/best way to defrost frozen meats?

What is the quickest/safest/best way to defrost frozen meats?

Put meat in plastic bag. Take stock pot and fill it with cool water. Place bag in pot.

Cool water specifically? Any specific reason for that?

What happens if you just submerge the meat without the bag?

The meat will soak up the water and lose flavor if you don't put it in a bag

Thanks.

This user is correct. For even faster defrost, leave it under gently running water. Gotta keep the water moving and it defrosts very fast.

/thread

you use cold water to keep it at a safe temp that bacteria wont grow

put them in your anal cavity and let it defrost for around 10-15 minutes.
make sure to collect the drippings for your broth

Fuck that. I put it in warm water and cook it right away. Ain't gonna matter for shit.

This is the fastest way. Usually takes an hour to an hour and a half to defrost meat this way.

Warm water can make the outside of the meat tough and more leathery (particularly with chicken) because the hotness starts to gently cook the outer layers while the frozen centre remains cold.

came to post this
it creates a convection current in the water that greatly wicks away the cold
takes about 15-20 min to thaw almost anything that isn't an entire animal

My grandmothers got this silver plate she uses that she insists is the fastest way to defrost meat. It seems to work pretty well. When I say silver I mean it's silver in color not that's it's made of silver. I don't know what it's made of.

I don't usually let things defrost in the fridge because it takes days and I don't usually plan that far ahead. Usually I pull it out the morning of and either leave it on the counter or in a sink full of cold water.

dont do it too long or you'll begin to cook the outside. The rectal cavity acts as a dutch oven

>running the water for 15-20 minutes just to defrost meat

fuck off, waster

This

Part of the reason I'm vegan. Meat eaters are wasteful

It only has to be a gentle trickle, it's not like the tap is on full blast.

>water down the drain is obliterated

It's not "wasted", dude, it goes back into the water cycle. What do you think happens when you pour water out?

Don't be a pussy. Letting it out on your back porch cover/sealed while checking every hour or so won't kill you. Alternatively just put it in your fridge and give it a couple days.

Leave them in a garbage bag outside your door in the sun for 9-10 hours a day. That's what we did in Vietnam.

No one asked and no one cares

just soak it don't waste water

Oh, what do you do with the water you use to rinse vegetables, drink it? Fuck off vegan hypocrite.

What the fuck am i reading.

If your piece isn't a whole bird just drop the meat in a sealed plastic bag and pop it in a pot with warm water (approx 140 degrees) and let it rest in it for 10 than 20 minutes depending on the cut or the meat itself. Don't go above 45 minutes.

It's FDA tested. It's safe.

don't eat anything that's been frozen, it completely butchers the taste and nutritional value

Get a big pot and fill it with boiling water, get a large bowl that will fit inside the pot and fill it with the frozen meat and cool/cold water. Float the bowl with the meat on the boiled water in the pot. Wait around 20-30 minutes for the meat to defrost. The temperate of the water in the bowl should be lukewarm to warm but the meat should be defrosted without semi-cooking it.