What city that you've been to has the best nightlife?

What city that you've been to has the best nightlife?

I'm sure this is an acceptable topic as it pertains to drinks.

Seoul, NYC, Tokyo, Sydney...basically any large city.

Tokyo hands down, drinking on the street is legal yet its almost never a problem

This or Seoul. As long as you're not on main streets public intoxication is 100% okay

My hometown is known as party capital of Australia.

>Mfw it's the worst Nightlife I've ever experienced

NYC is all I've experienced so far, but it seems pretty good

1. walkable
2. 4AM last call
3. wide variety of places
4. late night food
5. public transit runs 24/7

The thing I don't like though, is that some of the bars that have dance floors (but are not clubs) have gotten pretentious and don't let in single guys on weekend nights. I understand they want to keep the pussy to cock ratio high, but at the same time I feel like that's too pretentious for a place that's not even a club.

But wouldnt it be hard to interact with anyone if you don't speak Japanese?

NYC goes without saying, but the nightlife I've experience in Buenos Aires and Naples rival it.

Naples is definitely underrated but you better speak the local dialect.

VERY true. I spoke...honestly barely high school level Italian, and couldn't understand a word anyone said. But the dude who ran the hostel I stayed at took us out, and it was fucking awesome.

It goes without saying, but absolutely not Toronto.

Any places in particular that you liked in NYC?

Have you ever been to Tokyo? The whole city dies really early except for a few parts where girls try to drag you in clubs to steal your credit card.

Bangkok and NYC are my two favorite.

depends on the borough you're in and the kind of night you're looking for. i'm not a club person, but i love a good bar. fanelli's in soho is great, as is botanica if you want more of a dive bar vibe. old town near union square is a classic, but when it gets crowded you can head to pete's or headless horseman close by.

I don't like clubs either, I like dive bars as well as those bars with dance floors that are still divey.

I usually hang our in the East Village, LES, or Williamsburg

Nah, they're super super friendly even if you can only communicate in tiny broken phrases and hand pointing.

RPM is a fucking great bar. fuck williamsburg though.

Right but I wouldn't be able to converse with anyone but gaijins. Part of the fun of going out IMO is meeting new people, especially girls.

What's wrong with Wburg?

Austin is pretty alright if you ignore how fucking seedy everything is

crowded, overpriced, overrated. i'd rather go somewhere else than waiting an hour in a crowded bar or restaurant to get served. you can find just as good places in prospect heights or park slope without dealing with crowds of people

The cheapest bar I've ever been to in NYC is in Williamsburg. The area doesnt seem to grt any more crowded than Lower Manhattan.

On Wythe Ave it seems like there's more of a fake clubby scene going on, but on the East Side of the neigbhborhood there are a lot of cool bars

Are there a lot of hot Latina chicks there?

yeah, fair. i guess my hatred comes from how impossible it is to get to from my part of brooklyn.

whats wrong with toronto

Harder than if you do speak Japanese, but I do speak conversational Japanese. You miss out on a fuck ton without the language, especially safely navigating/being allowed to do the seedier stuff, but you can still have a good time since Tokyo is a massive city and despite the actual low percentage of English speakers, the large population guarantees you'll run into some. Friends that visited never had problems.

All cities have night spots that are better than other areas of the city? Did you do something silly like get a hotel in Akiba thinking it was going to be anime parties all night? Tokyo is so large that even in the deader places usually the izakayas are pretty active and if you're sociable some salarymen will invite you over and pay for all your drinks.

Roppongi is great and one of the more fun night spots if you aren't a sucker. The only people that have a bad time are racists that get triggered because a black person dared to talk to them, most of those guys are actually nice and will give you good advice on whether their club is good or not that night if you take the time to have a 2 minute conversation with them.
Or they are non-Japanese speakers that struck out in the area with the largest number of English speaking Japanese women so in a drunken stupor they get ripped off by an old Korean massage lady/way out of their league hostess trying to get their dick wet.

That's literally any major city throughout the world. I get that you have a boner for Tokyo, it's an amazing city, but it's nightlife is shit compared to other top cities.

Are you excluding every city that isn't NYC from the US when you make that statement? Because NYC is the only city in the US that I feel is comparable to Tokyo due to the massive amount of places and people. Once you stop comparing just nightlife Tokyo easily has more things to do.

I moved from Tokyo to Chicago for school and its just a big disappointment in comparison.

It's not Montreal

>move to montreal
>die in flq bombing

Are you a mailbox?

It can be a pain in the ass to get to if you're not near the L, J or G

I havent seen so many, but either Amsterdam, or Hamburg.

This thread is about nightlife, I already said Tokyo is an amazing city. However for it's size it's nightlife isn't good. It has a couple cool spots but the rest of city dies a lot earlier than other city. It has nothing on NYC, Vegas, New Orleans, Bangkok, Budapest, Amsterdam, Seoul, etc.

Hardly, it's mostly crusty-ass hipster bitches

plus it feels like literally everyone is an alcoholic, a plug, or both

What cities do you like better for nightlife?

bump

melbourne or sydney?
these days I hear nothing but negative reviews about those places

Berlin is still number one

you're all clueless children - mentioning NYC where bars close at 4am are you fkn kidding me?

what time do they close in Berlin?

I don't really like nightlife, but if I had to guess I'd probably guess Hong Kong, it just felt like 24 hour seamless energy, but I mostly stayed in Central, Wanchai, and TST

I was shocked at Paris, I'm not even a nightlife person and the place seems to go to sleep at 10

I live in NYC for what it's worth

4 am is late enough for anyone, degenerate. Go ruin another small Southeast Asian island

not him but there are some nights where I'd like to be able to buy drinks til at least 5AM. I get off work at Midnight.

berlin then tokyo

>The whole city dies really early except for a few parts where girls try to drag you in clubs to steal your credit card.
legit dont know what you;'re talkng about, most of the bars i went to were open till 5am, went to one that opened at midnight

they dont, theres a place that closes for 3 hours a week

>Berlin

dat eurobeat

Aarhus in Denmark is pretty good, lots of bars within walking distance, kind of expensive though.
Pattaya in Thailand is great, loads of different bars, some clubs, sports bars, places with live music. It's great once you tell the whores to leave you alone.
Munich in Germany is okay, but everything closes pretty early on week days, so the only option my friends and I found were strip clubs.

He's talking about Roppongi

Gold coast

Calcutta, you can party all night in the streets and then shit right there in the street

>I don't have a passport but I wanted to participate in this thread
Ok, but cultured people call it Kolkata for future reference

Jakarta indonesia is a pretty mad place for clubbing. More people there speak English than in other weeb countries.

Plenty of pussy at the right price if that's your thing.

Everyone wears weird hats and glasses, it's like a vaudeville show everywhere you go.

I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I mean, I pretty much avoid Brooklyn but last time I was there the nightlife crowd looked basically like the exact same dadcore normies you see in Yorkville, Turtle Bay, Hoboken, etc. This was last year I want to say. Maybe the year before that. As you can see I'm not a nightlife person but I do get forced sometimes.

Have you been to w'burg since say, 2006?

They do not you're crazy

Yeah I didn't get to NYC until 2007 so from then till now I venture over there occasionally.

It's a mix of people...you have the LES like fake clubby places on Wythe and Kent Ave and towards the BQE there are more neighborhood and hipstery spots

2am last call
Drinking in public is a ticket

>the no singles policy meme becomes more real every day
I haven't experienced this in NYC yet, but have you tried saying you're gay? I am a fag (bisexual though) and this has worked for me before at other places.

Berlin is great, but so is New York. Honestly shitting on New York is the best way to reveal that you're a tryhard.

LA is somehow kinda underrated I guess? I dunno I expected it to be all pretentious and shitty, but it's really fun. A lot of cool speakeasies and fun clubs.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I was actually thinking about that but it would be really embarassing if it didnt work

negative.

its a nightmare to get around, especially if you're drunk and everybody is trying to pretend like they're somebody else.

Waikiki was a fun party spot, if you knew the right places to go. 4am last call and the constant revolving cast of tourists helps also.

I still crave those street dogs on lewers street stumbling out of Kelly O'Neils right before the sun came up. "you ain't even thinking about barbecue, but then that smell hits you."

don't the bars close at midnight there? sounds pretty lame.

does LA even have areas to barhop or is everything spread out?

LA is ridiculously huge dude

There are areas like that

Veeky Forums is for losers only. Pls leave

San Francisco. I looooove partying in the Castro District!!!

waikiki is different animal though,
i mean, tourists are all just looking to get fucked up.
i love it though, being a local and all.
either you get into a good fight or fuck some good pussy, a fun night regardless

Easy louisiana during mardi gras. I was there on fat Tuesday and had a blast in the French quarter. I expected it to be a lot more shady than it was.

Doesn't it get a little too crowded around that time?

Bump

Pubs tend to close at midnight or 1. Bars a bit later, maybe 3. There are some clubs that don't close until 6 or later. You can drink on the streets as well. In some places police will ask you to stop, but you don't get fined, its pretty relaxed.

Asheville is pretty great if you enjoy a good restaurant before drinking and you don't have an autistic fit at the slightest hint of a liberal being near you.

Pattaya. God that place is awesome. Party starts around 5pm and runs until the cops shut things down.

>Bangkok
>not the far more awesome Walking Street in Pattaya

These everywhere

You want stewardess? Schoolgirl? Lesbian sex show? Pussy banana? Pussy darts? Come inside, you hansome man!

are these ladyboys?

You can see the middle one's bulge

excellent

havana because no americans

>i know, it's ruined now

The ones in the black and white outfits are girls, I've been to that bar.

The ones in bikinis, it's not just the bulge, the middle one needs a shave.

There's something for everyone in Pattaya!

>aarhus
>kind of expensive
A few years ago it was listed as the third most expensive city in which to get a pint of beer. Numbers 1 and 2 were places in which it was illegal.
Every single city I have gone out in has been cheaper or at least had cheaper options by quite a wide margin.

how expensive are you talking?

what's the difference between a bar and a pub?

I hope you're kidding about Sydney senpai
Sydney nightlife is fucking dead

Branson

bulge for ants

I might be autistic but I never got what makes "nightlife" so great.

Do you have to be a people person and enjoy being in the company of others to appreciate it?

I was gonna say Naples. Or Sangineto, which is in Calabria and where Naples' upper class summers (kinda like what Montauk and the rest of the Hamptons is to New York).

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this.

Trying to find some English-language info on Sangineto to back my point, but have given up because reasons. I'll say this: there's a nightclub in an 11th (or possibly 12th?) century castle. I think that's pretty cool. There's also a pub that's technically in a different hamlet that I like. From that castle nightclub, it's down the mountain, along the beach and past two gated communities (both with their own personal clubs). It's in a 13th century villa.

Fond memories, man. Been... about a decade since I've been back. I feel old now. ):

Washington, D.C. Is highly underrated. Amazing night life and shockingly good food all over the place.

It's a thing loud discourteous people with no sense of self awareness do to "have fun" which means yelling a lot with incredibly obnoxious loud music, and ingesting a lot of ethanol for the sole purpose of lowering your inhibitions so that you do irresponsible things like paying "cover charges" to have your eardrums irritated, making sexual advances at unattractive people, eating substandard food because LMAO DRUNK FOOD and committing petty crimes for the sole purpose of later saying LMAO I TOTALLY PISSED ALL OVER THE FLOOR IN THE LADY'S ROOM the next day which is, somehow, something to repeat to others with faux shame.

I don't really get it either.

>Sydney

>first time in usa
>arrive in LA about 1.30am
>too excited to sleep, decide to check out nightlife
>all bars are closing and everyone's going home
>ask some random guy what the fuck
>"I don't know I only smoke weed"
I used to frequent a bar where the drinking stopped around 1pm sunday.

>Doesn't get something
>Autistically lashes out at people who do enjoy it

I went there recently and didnt get to check out the nightlife, but the restaurants I went to were really good.

>being this autistic

Are you new here
Wanna fuck