Okay, I just read this, and I got fucking meme'd as hell, didn't I?

Okay, I just read this, and I got fucking meme'd as hell, didn't I?

1000-pages worth of dogshit. Too many acronyms, too much techspeak, the prose reads like it's the ramblings of some insane person stuck in a mental asylum. It tries to fool you into thinking it has a plot, but it never actually goes anywhere. Who cares if the last 300 pages are mildly interesting when the previous 700 have already bored the reader to death and made it so that he's not invested in your story or characters at all anymore?

This is proof of how long novels, in general, fail.

I wanted to agree with your post, but then you had to type
>This is proof of how long novels, in general, fail.
Kys, faggot.

I don't believe you have actually read the book.

>plot going anywhere

maybe you should stick to soap operas. the plots go places.

infinite jest is the literary equivalent of a soap opera

>tfw you will never write infinite jest

Its clear that this is either a bait thread, you didn't finish the book because you are a ADHD brainlet who can only read novellas, speedread it, or your mind went completely blank and you let your eyes gloss over each page and not actually take anything in.

Infinite Jest is a meme, but its really fucking good.

>Rading for plot.

What the FUCK are you doing on this board?

Infinite Jest is a book about what its like to be alive, and our search to give our lives meaning. If you didn't think ANYTHING in the book was profound, kys.

> or your mind went completely blank and you let your eyes gloss over each page and not actually take anything in.

How do I stop doing this?

not the same guy, but I'll tell you, unless you're genuinely interested in the book (youll know if you are bc ur effort is reflected on how much you read it) put it down, read a summary, and shitpost to the extreme on the nearest anonymous image board to you like the puerile little cunt you are

I held a bookmark horizontally under the line that I was reading so that I had to finish the line and consciously move the bookmark in order to continue

So deep /s/

Read a paragraph and then ask yourself what was it about? Don't continue till you know the answer. Don't be afraid to read the same page over and over.

I read it and didn't get it.

Am I just dumb?

>It tries to fool you into thinking it has a plot, but it never actually goes anywhere.
This is how I know you didn't actually read it.

What the fuck are you talking about? I literally opened every single page of it, you fucking retard

put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger

>the prose reads like it's the ramblings of some insane person stuck in a mental asylum
don't give it that much credit, it tries to do this but it fails

Does this board like IJ again or something?

>opening pages

You don't actually read what Veeky Forums talks about. Anyone reading this garbage is just a pseud and wants a sense of superiority. That's why Veeky Forums gets so triggered that people enjoy certain books while they are over here suffering reading these long boring books in order to feel smart.

OR they're reading because they're genuinely interested in what you fucking idiots keep arguing about.

>sarcasm tags
YOU NEED TO GO BACK

>tfw no physically embodiment of /g/ memes gf

>Too many acronyms, too much techspeak, the prose reads like it's the ramblings of some insane person stuck in a mental asylum. It tries to fool you into thinking it has a plot, but it never actually goes anywhere.
This was part of the satire of it you nonce. Anyone who has read more than ten books would have figured that out.

You got it completely backwards. It fools you into thinking there's NO plot, but there actually is an overarching story that happens off page. So let me amend what I said: you either haven't read it, or you haven't comprehended it.