Can we vote out infinite jest and vote in the recognitions for the meme trio...

can we vote out infinite jest and vote in the recognitions for the meme trio? reply to this thread to vote infinite jest out.

vote

gaddis is the tenth greatest american writer honestly

who are the other nine?

Overrepresentation of American lit in both cases.

The third should be Cien aƱos de soldead or something.

1. Melville
2. Whitman
3. Dos Passos
4. Eliot
5. Faulkner
6. Hemingway
7. Pound
8. West
9. Baldwin

Can't we just put an old Veeky Forums meme, like Zettels Taum, Magic Mountain or Finnegans?

The old trio stays as is.

A new trio is born. The Recognitions, Bottom's Dream, and Women & Men.

damn were getting lots of votes to kick infinite jest out

>Women & Men

Just because a book is long doesn't mean it's good. This is the same thing that permitted crippled minds into meming Infinite Jest in.

If anything, GR belongs in a different trilogy
Ulysses and IJ form a natural trilogy with The Brothers Karamazov
Maybe GR and The Recognitions can form another with the Wake or something

What the fuck does The Brothers Karamazov have to do with Ulysses ? Gravity's Rainbow definitely has much more in common with Ulysses than any other book I'm aware of (excepting Joyce's other works).

>the recognitions
>$30+ For any physical copy
>in b4 buying physical media

It's cheaper at Dalkey Archive own's page, but international shipping is expensive as fuck.

I was thinking of the influence both had on IJ, but okay

The new meme trilogy is
>Gaddis - The Recognitions
>McElroy - Women and Men
>Gass - The Tunnel

>gravity's rainbow not having an influence on IJ

>implying you have read it

hart crane not in the top ten? confirmed shitbag pseud

the bridge is not good let me tell you

yeah but dalkey's paper quality is amazing

I don't even know who gaddis is but anything would be an improvement over DFW.

Gee how do you I mean you visit this place and you don't even listen no I mean like seriously like listen to me you visit and you don't know who Gaddis is holy shit visiting this place not even know who Gaddis is what do you I mean is not like but one would assume that since you visit this place and all you would who Gaddis is that's all I mean

seconded.

Quality use of quads

based on the 2016 chart shouldnt it be moby-dick if anything?

my God you are new

I haven't read either but I would like those smug dfw posters to lose something.

>what is new sincerity

If being sincere is a good idea, why did DFW kill himself?

recognitions is godtier

>black author

shit 22 votes in favor of replacing infinite jest. how many votes does it take to make it official?

Women and Men is fucking brilliant, more meditative and less acutely savavage than the Recognitions. It does a great job at conveying a sense of mythology though, which is really what it sets out to do. And there are a few sentences that catch you off guard for how perfect they are.

It's also a fucking difficult book. Without doubt a more technically difficult book than Ullyses.

fuck IJ

It's just Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus for potheads.

it's a little more than just that

Finnegans Wake, Man Without Qualities, and Proust for the advanced.

lol no it isn't

embarrassing post

MWQ and Proust are easy but long

>votes on this exist

You seem to have a crack-addled survey monkey running around in your imagination

Zettels Traum isn't that remarkable nor difficult beyond the Freudian puns.

>Hemingway
I vomited

vote

yes please.

wow 31 votes

I bet you like Nabokov you bloated fucker.

Indeed, but I think people could get more out of them than they get out of the current 3 books. Steven Moore's history of the novel would also make for a good epilogue to the trilogy. There are a lot of interesting places to go from there.

Go fuck yourself

>unique commenters in the thread are the same thing as people voting IJ out

I don't care about the premise of OP, most people here are obviously not posting to register an Out vote. What matters is the actual content of discussion, not some janky vote 'mechanism' nobody's paying attention to. If you want a vote that you can claim has any kind of legitimacy, set up an actual survey (although there too this site is the master of ballot stuffing)

Fuck yourself*