Veeky Forums Feels Thread

>Tfw your kitchen is clean, you have everything you need for the recipe, and you're just about to start
Post Veeky Forums feels, good and bad.

>tfw prepping and you realize you're out of clean dishes

>tfw No hood above stove

>tfw you fuck up a meal

Nothing else enrages me more, I'll be depressed for the rest of the night

>tfw you just wanna cook and have some quiet alone time but your roommates keep fucking around and being obnoxious

>tfw you forgot to get butter at the store, but you have everything else you need

On the flip side
>tfw you nail a meal
>tfw the people you eat it with tell you it's the best they've had in weeks
Ego gets inflated for the rest of the night.

>having roommates
Why do people still fall for this meme? I've always lived alone or with a gf since I moved out of home when I was 17, feels good man

I've had to live innacity for a while and it's downright too expensive to live alone but now that I work in industrial areas I'm moving on my own to a suburb in a month.
Can't fucking wait.

Some people like company, and most can't really afford to live alone. The trick is finding people you get along with well.

I managed to afford to put myself through school while also paying my own rent and living alone, if I can do it I can't really see how anyone couldn't afford to live alone unless they're too lazy to get a job

>cost of living and rent is the same everywhere on the planet
uh huh

>non vented hood
what in the fuck is the point, also thanks for putting the smoke detector three feet away from the range

According to Google my city has one of the highest costs of living in the world but whatever

Lagunitas a shit.

>t. Boomer

I'm 25

>tfw you visit home for the holidays and your family forces you to cook and your very blunt german grandmother blurts out to your parents, "user is a much better cook than you two." and you know she's right because your parents are terrible cooks but you feel bad for them because they are fat and they try to do good but keep fucking up because they grew up in the wrong time...

You must've had a pretty good job and/or had a very shitty apartment because here doing that with a typical student job without having to commute for hours every day is just not possible.

>have girl over for dinner
>goes great, she says best meal she's had in week
>begin to watch movie
>yadayadayada
>offer to give her the ol' lickaroo
>she agrees

went good

>you think you're a reasonably good cook
>people tell you they like your food all the time
>girl you like is now your girlfriend
>you want to give her the ol' lickaroo
>invite her over for dinner all the time
>she always declines because she's busy
>she dumps you before you get a chance to cook for her
>never gave her the ol' lickaroo either
Still fucked up emotionally from that shit.

>tfw the ham-off-the-bone you've had in a lock-and-lock for a bit smells off and you taste a piece to try to figure out if it's container odor or if you just gave yourself food poisoning

>tfw knock the smoke detector off the wall with your dish towel

What's Scooby up to these days

>i live in southern california

>tfw when you have a fully stocked pantry and fridge after grocery shopping

>tfw you dont have the right variety of ingredient at hand for a recipe, you just have a similar kind
>tfw you will never know if the original ingredients would have made the dish taste better

>tfw a dish you've never tried before comes out spectacular

>tfw reading recipes you want to make immediately, but don't have/can't afford the ingredients required

>tfw your food hits the floor and you're weighing up how clean your floor is

>tfw you empty out a can of something congealed like cream of chicken or refried beans, but instead of scooping it out you turn the can over and flick it up and down to loosen it, hearing the sucking and pushing of air growing bit by bit as the food loosens in the can until gravity wins and it slides out with a slow and satisfying slurp and pop

Bonus points if it still retains the ridging from the interior of the can on its surface.

I always need to take a break to masturbate after that. Sometimes I open another can of cream of mushroom and just go to town, you know?

Who's this cream queen?

>tfw you get back from the grocery store and realize you forgot a $1 can of something that you need for the recipe

>you're just about to finish the dish with the last ingredient
>You forgot to buy it at the store.

>tfw experiment turns out so good that it feels like someone else cooked it for you

>mix up some dough
>knead it
>rest overnight
>fold it over the course of 2 or 3 hours
>oil it a little
>gluten game so strong it looks like super smooth bubble gum

Better than sex.

>Not assembling the required components before starting.

You are a constant disappointment, user.

>tfw you forgot a critical ingredient, so you just wing it and make a different dish out of what you had and it turns out better than expected

PUDI PUDI
GIGA PUDI

I strove to only include memes in the OP image.

>be le me
>have le sexy female roommate/fuckbuddy
>she wants to make pork and barley stew
>recipe calls for 250g of barley
>she says add 500 because retard math two people, double the ingredients!
>Now have a pot full of barley, little pork and it stinks to high heaven because my roomie added way too much rosemary
>mon visage quand she wants to fuck after fucking up dinner

>tfw trying a new, semi complex recipe for guest
>moment comes where everything needs attending
>think you fuck up at least one thing
>plating is gorgeous
>meal is god tier
>its for a qt 3.14 and you score 3rd base and a 2nd date

underrated kek

I'm curious, since this board is supposedly full of women, do you ladies actually like it when a romantic interest cooks for you?

No. It's way hotter when you go to McDonald's and get a grease stained bag of shit for 10 bucks. Guys that can keep a clean kitchen and make an amazing meal from scratch are a dime a dozen.

>make meal for family
>think its bretty gud
>everyone else says its shit
more for me I guess

Was your apartment actually in the city or in the metro area?

>she cooks for you
>is friends with you
>you bang her
In what way is she not just your girlfriend you degenerate nu-male?

Because she's not my girlfriend, r-tard

>burn a meal
>you wasted money on the ingredients
>you wasted time on the preparation and cooking up to that point
>you wasted perfectly clean dishes and utensils that now need to be washed
>you'll need to waste space in your trash can for the food you fucked up
>you may need to take out the trash immediately depending on how predisposed the meal is to stinking

And to top it all off, you're still hungry. Nothing is more heartbreaking than fucking up a meal.

Ohhhh, so when she gets spitroasted by 3 cocks at once on the weekends while you sit at home on Veeky Forums you feel better inside?

in the way that she doesnt exist and is a made up person

because he doesn't have a monogamous obligation to her retard. A nu male would call her his gf despite this.

You would feel better if a girl doing that was your girlfriend rather than some girl you just fuck sometimes? I say this without irony, you are a cuck.

we just fuck. NSA, no drama, just fuck, holy shit stop trying to make everything sound like some cuckstained nightmare you sperglord.

>woman
>no drama
Yea I believe you lmao, bet you love sharing a pussy with half your block you fucking beta.

Way to give women all the power you little faggot. Fuck who you want, when you want.

ever heard of friends with benefits? christ you're dense/probably a virgin/friendzoned/cucked2death

b-but if you don't have a monogamous virgin girlfriend who becomes a nymphomaniac once she has sex with you (but only for you) that literally wears a chastity belt at all times you are not having sex you are a LITERAL cuckold and any girl you've ever had a vague attraction to is having a gangbang with seventeen black men at all times

Tfw you spend hours making these and they turn out perfectly and some uncultured inbred basic beetus bitch says
>omg you made macaroons!! I love those!
Fuck off. They are Macarons you plebeian swine

>I-I fuck who I want!
>I'm a real boy who doesn't let no woman tell me what to do!
>fucks one fatty off tinder every 6 months
>roommate rides the cock carousel and throws him a pity fuck once a year

Yea you guys really have it figured out LMAO!

>that projection

enjoy staying married to your hand autismo

That feel of crippling hand pain after scrubbing a very neglected Mauviel copper bottom pot for 20 minutes.

But them feels after when it looks nice and new. Worth it.

When was the last time you had sex user?

cringe

So we went from her being his de facto girlfriend in your opinion to someone who fucks him once a year? Kek

>cranberry jelly sauce
>refried beans
Diamonds every time
>ribbed for my pleasure

>Making Western style soup
>Have a feeling it might benefit from a pinch of cinnamon
>CINNAMON. IN.
>Now entire soup smells strongly of cinnamon
>Wtf have I done?

>le scarcity meme

No one cares if your skills rare if it's not attractive dude.

> office has dishwasher in the kitchen
> dumbass puts dishes in the sink instead
> lets them "soak" for three days

The only feel is rage

Well I imagine he could just open the window & smash the detector with a bat. Gotta solve these problems one thing outa time.

"Angry joe" (You done fucked it up)

What is this "soak" meme?

what are these anyway. I keep seeing them here.

>dad "does" the dishes
>I'm still mystified by the thought of what actually happens when he "does" the dishes.
>half the dirty dishes end up in the cabinets
>the whole kitchen smells like shit
>theres roaches because of this
>he puts dishes in the washer and doesn't use soap
>he puts dishes in the washer that already has a cleaned load then leaves it there
I don't actually know what he does, those ideas are just speculation, but it always ends with a ton of stained dirty cups and plates with spaghetti still on them in the cabinets. I really wish he would just let me do it.

>the tomato is completely ripe all the way through without a trace of white

my old roommate used to do the dishes with the same cloth he had been using to clean up during the cooking process. it was soaked in fantastik. i would pull greasy dishes from the cabinet and have to rewash them.

>Cook for the family
>Not sure if they actually think it's good or not

>cook for family
>they openly tell me its shit

further proof your dad and by extension you, a male child of this failure, are wastes of human life

that's not a very nice thing to say, user

>just like make chili
>slow simmering for hours
>flavorless
>adjust seasoning
>add more aromatics
>adjust seasoning again
>fucking flavorless
>give up, get mad
>dishearteningly pack up for pot luck the next day
>get to work, set up chafing shit
>pan nice and hot
>either the favors had to mature or your senses just had complete fatigue from four hours of cooking, but it's fucking delicious

>tfw your kitchen is cluttered, probably needs cleaned, all your dishes are in the drying rack but you live alone so nobody can judge you

thats a thing user
if you smell a food for too long, you're desensitized to the taste
it's why food made for you tastes better than if you'd made it

Never had it happen before or since, though. Guessing it was a combination of both factors.

May have been the inclusion of pumpkin to the recipe, also (regular and kobocha, was halloween themed), though I did an experimental batch the week prior and it went exactly as expected.

Incidentally, I totally recommend pumpkin in chili, along with a little cinnamon and nutmeg - doesnt do much in the way of flavor, but it adds a textural bite that's comfy as fuck, and smoothes out the acidic spike of the tomatoes.

This is all of my fucking roommates, I live with five other people and I'm the only one who can wash the dishes. The worst one is the guy who owns the house. Every single dish he "washes" ends up CAKED in grease in the dish drainer, food splatters all over everything. He refuses to use hot water and I think he might not even use soap. He also stacks tupperware together while still wet and puts them in the cabinet and then they stink like mold.

I don't understand how no one can wash the dishes and make them actually clean. It cannot possibly be that hard. Do they eat off the dishes like that? It's gotten to the point where I have mostly stopped washing dishes after I cook, because I always have to wash them before I cook.